E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Food Talk

Food Talk
Do you like food? If so, you came to the right off-topic section. Discuss your favorite food topics here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2007, 12:41 PM   #1
theribdoctor

Location: ze south floriduh close to the mouth of the rat Status: I am creepy /// fact: I was the ska king, and no, you can't call me that, well except maybe the chad and Dave
My Ride: MB W204
Send a message via AIM to theribdoctor
Cool The Official Recipe Thread

Welcome to the official recipe thread, please exchange recipes here.

I'll start with my Chilli recipe.

no pictures, just trust me when I say it's good.

Ingredients:

Chili kit (Texas Pete or McCormick)

1 London broil, cut into cubes

2 lbs chopmeat

1 Onion, medium, chopped

10 cloves of garlic

2-8 oz cans tomato sauce

1 can crushed tomatoes w/jalapenos

2 cans beer

2 small can red kidney beans

Cheddar cheese

Green chilies (can) or jalapenos (optional)

Cayenne powder (optional)

Tabasco sauce (optional)

steps:

Slice the london broil into small pieces. place in a large bowl with paper towels, then fry up the chop meat. Brown the meat on medium heat and drain grease. Saute onion and garlic in oil in a big pot. When the onion is sauted, add all the cooked meat. Add tomato sauce and beer. Add beans. Add all the chili kit ingredients except the flour (mesa). You can throw that out. Add green chilies or jalapenos. Let simmer at least 1 hour. The longer the better. If the chili is overpowered by the meat add chili powder for flavor and color. Serve with shredded cheddar.

Notes:
You can increase the amounts...typically it's a small london broil, to about 2-3 pounds of chop meat(typically chuck, but choose what you like.) I would increase the cans of tomatos to 2 16 oz cans or one 28 oz can.

This is not a traditional chilli by any count, and make a boat load of food...I usually serve it with a dollop of sour cream, some shredded chedder, and some corn chips...keeps well for a week in the fridge...enjoy!

The Rib Doctor
Old 04-16-2007, 12:43 PM   #2
neo_328ci

My Ride: E30/E46/E90
Send a message via AIM to neo_328ci
sounds inexpensive to make but really good. thanks for the recipe

The causal effect of something like that for that one particular customer is negligible and it depends on the character of the individual whether or not he would return based on his own idiocy so to generalize that one particular customer will not return is inconclusive. --MESH_KING
neo_328ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:57 PM   #3
simplyj

My Ride: the subway
One of my summer favorites: BEER CAN CHICKEN

1 (4-pound) whole chicken
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons of your favorite dry spice rub
1 can beer

clean out the chicken and wash it. Wash the beer can, pop it open and drink about half, then shove the chicken onto the beer can making sure that the can is completely covered. The put it on the grill making sure that the burners directly under it are off... you are basically cooking it with indirect heat (other burners should be on medium heat). Close the grill and let it sit for about 75-90 minutes depending on your grill.

Remove from grill and let it sit for 10-15 minutes, then eat and enjoy along with the other 5 beers
Old 04-16-2007, 12:57 PM   #4
theribdoctor

Location: ze south floriduh close to the mouth of the rat Status: I am creepy /// fact: I was the ska king, and no, you can't call me that, well except maybe the chad and Dave
it turns out great, and you can make it 1, 2, 3 alarm, I typically make it 1.5 - 2, I like a little heat but like to be able to taste my food, I brought this to a superbowl party in a slow cooker, and about 1/2 of it was gone then, my wife took it to her office(about 50 people) the next day and it was gone.
it took me a long time to find a good chilli recipe...
Old 04-16-2007, 01:02 PM   #5
theribdoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyj View Post

2 tablespoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 can beer

clean out the chicken and wash it. Wash the beer can, pop it open and drink about half, then shove the chicken onto the beer can making sure that the can is completely covered. The put it on the grill making sure that the burners directly under it are off... you are basically cooking it with indirect heat (other burners should be on medium heat). Close the grill and let it sit for about 75-90 minutes depending on your grill.

Remove from grill and let it sit for 10-15 minutes, then eat and enjoy along with the other 5 beers

I've done this before, turns out moist and juicy...and it makes great pictures because the chicken sits up......question, what rub do you use? or do you make your own? also I like to wrap the beer can with foil, never trust the printed cans...
Old 04-16-2007, 01:36 PM   #6
simplyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by theribdoctor View Post
I've done this before, turns out moist and juicy...and it makes great pictures because the chicken sits up......question, what rub do you use? or do you make your own? also I like to wrap the beer can with foil, never trust the printed cans...
I'll usually make my own rub, basically equal parts except for the ground pepper since I'm not a huge fan of pepper.

paprika
sea salt
chopped rosemary
dried thyme
fresh ground black pepper
Old 04-16-2007, 02:19 PM   #7
theribdoctor

good stuff, good stuff, keep them recipes coming...

I may have to post those rib recipes...
make stan
Old 04-16-2007, 02:45 PM   #8
guest1205
Banned User

My Ride: A car
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyj View Post

2 tablespoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 can beer

Thanks! I've always wanted to try that!
guest1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 03:00 PM   #9
joem

My Ride: 2007 530xi
a steak which, when served to a girl, will, in fact, get you laid.

new york strip.

coat in a light drizzle of olive oil.
sprinkle of rosemary.
sprinkle of thyme.
sea salt lightly.
a few turn of freshly cracked black pepper on each side.

wash your hands, then rub and knead all the ingredients into the steak on all sides.

throw on a hot hot grill for three or four minutes on each side for medium rare, or less or more time depending on your personal preference.

this is a good french inspired recipe that i learned from my elderly neighbor who is a Vietnamese from Paris, FR. best steak recipe i have ever had. go figure.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:03 PM   #10
shockin330i

My Ride: '13 AW F10 535i
Send a message via AIM to shockin330i
Oh i think I just might try some of these
2013 535i AW F10 "Lola"

"Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and f*** the Prom Queen."-John Mason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nay330Ci View Post
:drool:
i'd cosign loans for that ho
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Thanks dude. I knew she was a keeper when she blew me during a game of cod. I didn't do too well that game
shockin330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 03:06 PM   #11
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joem View Post
a steak which, when served to a girl, will, in fact, get you laid.

new york strip.

coat in a light drizzle of olive oil.
sprinkle of rosemary.
sprinkle of thyme.
sea salt lightly.
a few turn of freshly cracked black pepper on each side.

wash your hands, then rub and knead all the ingredients into the steak on all sides.

throw on a hot hot grill for three or four minutes on each side for medium rare, or less or more time depending on your personal preference.

this is a good french inspired recipe that i learned from my elderly neighbor who is a Vietnamese from Paris, FR. best steak recipe i have ever had. go figure.
That sounds soooo friggin good.
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:47 PM   #12
theribdoctor

I got my woman with this one....

Ingredients:
1 package of boneless skinless chicken(cutlets or just pounded thin)

flour for dipping.

bottle of white wine, like a pino grigio

bottle of italian dressing(none of that fat free crap)

multi colored pasta, or fresh pasta.

Steps:

Boil the pasta according to the instructions...

take the chicken and dip it into the flour, on both sides...
in a large skillet, heat up some italian dressing, and once up to temperature, medium- medium high, put chicken in...pour some more dressing in, and then cook till one side is white,,,flip chicken, add a little more dressing, and then some wine. enough just to cover the chicken. lower the heat and simmer till the chicken and pasta are cooked...

serve the chicken over the pasta, using the wine, flour and dressing mixture as sauce, and enjoy some of that wine.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:04 PM   #13
aj526@bluepoint2go
Past Site Sponsor

Stuffed Lobster Tails (amazing, probably my favorite meal)
A couple of nice sized lobster tails between 10-16oz each.
1 can of Jumbo Lump Crabmeat

First take the lobster tails and cut down the middle of the shell with a pair of scissors, and flip the meat up on top of the shell. put a little butter and garlic on the top.
Cook in the oven for about 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees.

Crab Stuffing
In a bowl mix a couple eggs, few tablespoons of mustard, little old bay, about 1/2 cup of mayo, some salt and pepper and some parsley flakes. You want this to be a little bit on the runny side not a thick sauce.

put the jumbo lump crabmeat in a bowl and mix in some italian bread crumbs and panko bread crumbs, and add a little bit of the sauce. Mix this all together adding breadcrumbs or more sauce if necessary you want the crab meat to stick together.

Then with the leftover sauce add more mayo and a little mustard to it to thicken it up and this will make you an imperial sauce.

After the lobster tails have cooked for 8-10 minutes take them out of the oven and place about 4-6oz of crabmeat on top. Cover with the imperial sauce and sprinkle paprika on top. Place these back in the oven on 350 for about 5-7 more minutes. You want the lobster meat to be nice and bright white, and the sauce on the crabmeat to be almost a golden color when finished cooking.

Melt some butter on the side for dipping and prepare for heaven =)
aj526@bluepoint2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:15 PM   #14
aj526@bluepoint2go
Past Site Sponsor

Pasta with Shrimp in a Spicy Garlic Butter White Wine Sauce
Cook up some of your favorite pasta ( i like to use linguine mostly or penne)
Ingredients:
1/2 Pound of Shrimp (16-20 or 21-25 count i feel work best)
1 Garlic Clove
1 Shallot
Mushrooms(whatever your fav kind is)
White Wine(i use pinot grigio because thats what my gf likes to drink)
1/2 stick of butter
Tabasco Sauce
Fresh Parsley

Peel the shrimp tail on or off and devein them.
In a small frying pan add a drizzle of olive oil and add the chopped garlic and shallots. Then add 1/4stick of butter. Add the mushrooms and then Add the shrimp to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Once the shrimp are almost done cooking about 3minutes add White wine and the rest of the butter. Add a few tablespoons of Tabasco sauce depending on how much you like spicy foods. Add some fresh chopped parsley on top and then mix with pasta and serve.

(You can also add clams to this as well, i steam the clams in some white wine, and clam juice for a few minutes then add them to the sauce as well)
aj526@bluepoint2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:44 PM   #15
theribdoctor

excellent...i'm loving this...

Fast dinner...

Pasta with homemade spinach pesto

Ingredients:
bag of pre-washed spinach
bunch of fresh basil
pine nuts and or walnuts
garlic cloves
extra virgin olive oil
bowtie or spiral pasta
parmesan cheese
honey
salt/pepper

steps:
boil pasta

peel a garlic clove or 2, add to blender or food processor.

add a couple handfuls of spinach, and several leaves of basil. Add some pine nuts, walnuts, and a handful of parmesen cheese, add some salt and pepper. and a little olive oil.

start machine, drizzle more olive oil till paste like.
taste, see if it needs more salt, pepper, if too garlicy add honey, and more spinach...
taste, remember pasta will assist...and no need to heat pesto as pasta will do that...

add some pesto to bowl and pour pasta in, and stir, cheese in pesto will melt...making a 10 minute dinner.

you can always cook up some sausage or chicken and slice it up and add it to the pasta...
Old 04-16-2007, 10:47 PM   #16
theribdoctor

it's good to see the sponsor here adding to a recipe thread...enjoy this, you guys spend more time on this thing than you work...you know who I'm talking about...
Old 04-16-2007, 10:54 PM   #17
325i-Vizon
O.D.

My Ride: 2010 335i
Send a message via AIM to 325i-Vizon Send a message via Yahoo to 325i-Vizon
stop its too late to make any of this stuff and im hungry

but, this is a sweet thread
Old 04-17-2007, 01:55 AM   #18
EDawg

My Ride: :/
so who has a good ramen recipe??
EDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:26 AM   #19
simplyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDawg View Post
so who has a good ramen recipe??
Ultimate Ramen:

12 Beers
1 baggie of Ramen noodles
Tap Water
Toilet

Instructions: Drink 12 beers over the course of a night, stumble home, rip open package of ramen and combine with tap water, microwave on high, scarf down while still too hot, complain about burnt mouth in slurred speech to nobody in particular, run to bathroom to throw up in toilet, pass out.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:35 AM   #20
theribdoctor

^^ I've had that recipe before...it usually ends up with a headache the next day...