E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-20-2007, 10:02 PM   #1
Bob@BPS
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 04 E46 M3 SMG II
Send a message via AIM to Bob@BPS
New Product Announcement - CG Lock @ Bimmer Performance Store

Hi Everyone,

We are proud to announce the addition of the CG Lock, lap belt cinching device to the online catalog at Bimmer Performance Store.

So what is the CG Lock?
The CG lock is a new, truly first-of-it’s-kind product. It’s called the CG-Lock, because CG stands for center of gravity. It easily clips onto the tongue of your vehicle’s seat belt (the part that the webbing passes through and you push into the buckle). Once installed, you pull up on the shoulder harness of your seat belt, and the lap belt portion gets “racing harness tight” and stays as tight as you want until you release it ! Simple.

But what a difference it makes!
Why? Because adding the CG-Lock to your lap belt provides about 80% of the “holding power” of a full harness. Your hips are your body’s center of gravity and tightly held hips provide the first two of the three benefits of a full harness as described above. As for the 3rd benefit – increased safety – the CG-Lock is not sold as a safety device, but it has been designed and fully tested to not interfere with a seat belt’s safety.

For the surprisingly low introductory price of $39.95, your new CG-Lock will provide two important benefits of a full racing harness in your daily driver. And here’s another surprise: you’ll get more than you paid for. On long trips, a gentle tightening of the CG-Lock holds your spine against the lumbar support of the seat. You can drive for hours with less fatigue and back pain at the end of the day – a great improvement for long distance drivers and their passengers. And there is still more: the CG-Lock is very effective at holding an infant seat in place -- no sliding around or tipping over.

The CG Lock is not intended to take the place of a true racing harness when one is warranted, but this a great alternative if you don't want to install a racing harness or are just looking for a low-cost alternative to just a standard 3-point OEM seat belt.

There’s a no-risk money-back guarantee!

The CG-Lock -- a simple idea that is going to change the way you drive forever.

Lowers your lap times or your money back!!

We just received our first stocking order of this great product and I promptly installed one on my own car. I really like the way it makes you feel "planted" in the seat. I also like the convenience of using the CG Lock on my stock seat belt vs. buckling up a 5 or 6-point harness just to make my daily Starbucks run.

Check out the pics below. You can find the CG Lock on our site here. We are offering free USPS Priority Mail shipping on the first 15 units sold. This offer is posted on M3forum, BimmerForums, BimmerFest, E46fanatics, E90fanatics, and North American Motoring, so place your order now to be one of the first 15 and take advantage of our free shipping offer.

Bob

Bob@BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:04 AM   #2
supersickbimmer

My Ride: 617rwhp M3
Can you get one for the M6?
Old 04-21-2007, 02:11 PM   #3
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
kind of sweet actually if you like the idea of being strapped to the seat
Old 04-21-2007, 02:13 PM   #4
KOTHB

My Ride: 03 330 ZHP
does it cause any additional wear to the belt?
Old 04-21-2007, 02:17 PM   #5
Bob@BPS
Past Site Sponsor

CG Lock fitment

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersickbimmer View Post
Can you get one for the M6?
They are not vehicle specific. The CG Lock will work on any car that has a single pass tongue. What that means is the belt passes thru only ONE slot, and I believe that will work on all BMWs and Minis. See the pic below from the installation instructions that come with the CG Lock. See the picture below for examples of single pass and multiple pass tongues. I have also included a pic of the CG Lock installed.

Bob

Old 04-21-2007, 02:40 PM   #6
Bob@BPS
Past Site Sponsor

CG Lock FAQs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOTHB View Post
does it cause any additional wear to the belt?
According to the manufacturer's FAQs, no. Here is an exerpt from the FAQs:

"How do I install the CG-Lock?
The CG-Lock is very simple and quick to install. No drilling or bolts are required. The CG-Lock can be removed and leaves no damage to your vehicle's seat belt. The only tool you need is the supplied Allen wrench."

BTW, one of the reasons we decided to add the CG Lock to our product catalog is due to the endorsement of the police and US military for use in police cruisers and Hummers in Iraq.

Bob
Old 04-26-2007, 04:25 PM   #7
RanGer498

My Ride: M3 e46
each or for a set ?

02 JB /on Black winters & Imola Red summers sMG///M3 Coupe, everything including custom audio system with Navi!
(\_/)
(o.O)
(> <)
RanGer498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:35 PM   #8
Bob@BPS
Past Site Sponsor

CG Lock FAQs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanGer498 View Post
each or for a set ?
Thanks for your interest. The price is each, since some will only put the CG Lock on the driver's side.

Bob
Old 04-26-2007, 07:05 PM   #9
KOTHB

My Ride: 03 330 ZHP
Okay. I'll play. Order sent.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:53 PM   #10
TitanSilber ZHP

My Ride: 08 E90 335i
Send a message via AIM to TitanSilber ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to TitanSilber ZHP
These things really are great, Ive had one on my car for almost 3 years! It does wear the belt a little(over an extended period of time), to be honest.

FS: Camera Mount:http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=694858
TitanSilber ZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:24 PM   #11
Bob@BPS
Past Site Sponsor

Thanks for your CG Lock order

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOTHB View Post
Okay. I'll play. Order sent.
Thanks for your order. Your CG Lock will ship tomorrow, so you should have it Monday or Tuesday.

Bob
Old 04-30-2007, 01:06 AM   #12
razza

My Ride: 325ci
Hi Bob I have sent you a number of emails and a pm about shipping costs and still no reply for over 2 weeks? Are you guys still operating?
razza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:15 AM   #13
Bob@BPS
Past Site Sponsor

Shipping quote to OZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by razza View Post
Hi Bob I have sent you a number of emails and a pm about shipping costs and still no reply for over 2 weeks? Are you guys still operating?
Yes, we are up to our eyeballs answering phone calls, and fulfilling orders in the US. Business is incredible and we are getting ready for BimmerFest, so we couldn't be farther from being out of business. As you can see, I'm responding to your post at 12:07 AM, so we are very busy. I do apologize for not responding to your shipping info request sooner.

You can always go to our online catalog and get a quote from our system by entering your country and postal info. Our software is the best I could find and the shipping tools are superior to every other order management software I reviewed, so if you are at our site and looking at products all you need to do is add them to the cart and click on the shipping link right above the checkout button. Unlike some software, you do NOT have to register or give us any of your personal info to get a shipping quote. All you have to do is enter your zip/postal code, state or province, if applicable and your country. You will be presented with all the available shipping options for the carrier we use for that product.

Here is what I came up with for you at our site:

UUC Tuned Springs are $325 + actual shipping to Aus $295.54
Rogue OCTANE is $335 to $395 (depending on your car) & the clutch stop is $19. Shipping is $111.70.

Unfortunately, shipping can't be combined, since they come from 2 different companies & locations.

Thanks for your interest and bumping our CG Lock thread.

Bob

Last edited by Bob@BPS; 04-30-2007 at 02:20 AM.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:40 AM   #14
razza

My Ride: 325ci
hmm well that's unfortunate because when I sent the original request the springs were $260. Oh well I guess that is no longer the case.
razza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:42 AM   #15
Bob@BPS
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by razza View Post
hmm well that's unfortunate because when I sent the original request the springs were $260. Oh well I guess that is no longer the case.
Sorry, but that was an error and below our cost. That price is available for ONE set of springs for an E36 M3.

Bob