E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.76 average.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:52 PM   #1521
frobie15

My Ride: has a door star
Send a message via AIM to frobie15
Quote:
Originally Posted by frobie15 View Post
Just saying you didn't do it is going to be a tough row to ***... Good luck!
Wow, they edited a garden tool/action....

Thank you Sam
frobie15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:44 PM   #1522
Da Jemster

My Ride: is ///Mpulsive
Quote:
Wow, they edited a garden tool/action....

hehehe...dang computers...

Frobie, can we go back to my speeding ticket.

My last citation was 14 mos. ago, in which I attended traffic school. The jurisdiction of my ticket is Simi Valley (I'm not sure if it is different from jurisdiction to jurisdiction). I'd like to schedule a court date, not to confront the officer, but to ask the Judge for a 12-hour traffic school.

1. Can I request this in Simi Valley/Ventura County?
2. If you were the Judge, would you deny this request 'cuz of the speed?

TIA.

08 E93 DCT - Stock for now...

04 M3 CB-BLK///SMG II///D/A tuned///AFE Stg 2///SS Stepped///SS Metallic Cat///Eisenmann SS X-pipe///SS Race///4.10 diff///ACS CF Front Lip///6000K Heads & Fogs///CF Grills & Gills///Angel Eyes///Matching Reflectors///Black'd corners, sides & tails///TEIN S

Da Jemster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:16 PM   #1523
frobie15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Jemster View Post
My last citation was 14 mos. ago, in which I attended traffic school. The jurisdiction of my ticket is Simi Valley (I'm not sure if it is different from jurisdiction to jurisdiction). I'd like to schedule a court date, not to confront the officer, but to ask the Judge for a 12-hour traffic school.

1. Can I request this in Simi Valley/Ventura County?
That's up to the court/county. Only way to find out it to call 'em up, really.

Quote:
2. If you were the Judge, would you deny this request 'cuz of the speed?
Yes, and here's why.

You have a speeding ticket on your record (at least one). You obviously didn't learn your lesson from it and slow down. Not only did you not slow down, but you were driving at least 100mph. If the officer testifies that you were actually going 125+, I might be inclined to ask the officer if he wants to ammend his citation to 22348(b) speeding in excess of 100mph. That's going to triple the fine and gain you a 30 day suspension of your driving privledge.

I know that it doesn't seem fair, but I'd be a hammer of a judge
Worry not, my friends, I'll never go through law school, so you have nothing to worry about...

Thank you Sam
Old 05-02-2007, 04:30 PM   #1524
CroBmw

My Ride: skates
Question for you Frobie

Guy was crossing the street on a crosswalk (no signal lights just a stop sign). My buddy was in a hurry and drives around the guy and gets pulled over by a cop.
Do you know how many points is this and how much is ticket going to be? It's in San Francisco County.
Thanks
Old 05-02-2007, 04:38 PM   #1525
frobie15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroBmw View Post
Question for you Frobie

Guy was crossing the street on a crosswalk (no signal lights just a stop sign). My buddy was in a hurry and drives around the guy and gets pulled over by a cop.
Do you know how many points is this and how much is ticket going to be? It's in San Francisco County.
Thanks
Should be one point. I think it's a simple moving violation. As far as the fine goes, I'm sure Speeder has that information somewhere under a rock If he doesn't, you might be able to track it down on the interweb.

Thank you Sam
Old 05-02-2007, 11:13 PM   #1526
Speeder

My Ride: '04 325i - '08 C300
Quote:
Should be one point. I think it's a simple moving violation. As far as the fine goes, I'm sure Speeder has that information somewhere under a rock If he doesn't, you might be able to track it down on the interweb.
I need a VC Section... (You know I can't work under these conditions) What is that a failure to yield to a pedestrian at a crosswalk?

If it is, it's a 21950(a) or (c) which would make it a $145.96 fine (in San Francisco County)+ 1 point on your record.

Happy motoring!!!
Speeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:37 AM   #1527
frobie15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeder View Post
I need a VC Section... (You know I can't work under these conditions) What is that a failure to yield to a pedestrian at a crosswalk?

If it is, it's a 21950(a) or (c) which would make it a $145.96 fine (in San Francisco County)+ 1 point on your record.

Happy motoring!!!
That's the section, I knew you could find it!!!

Thank you Sam
Old 05-07-2007, 01:14 PM   #1528
jason 77

My Ride: 2001 330xi 5speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeder View Post
You're welcome... and as far as the date of your first ticket, and since you never actually took advantage of traffic school the first time, it has no affect on your eligibility for traffic school for your second citation. What I'm trying to say is you should still be able to take traffic school for this citation. Do one of the online courses (you can actuall finish it in less than 8 hours ).
Well I finally got the citation in the mail and almost fell over when I opened it and read $901.50 fine!!!!!!

Then I read on and it looks like as long as I have proof of insurance when I show up in court the fee gets knocked down to $202.75. I have esurance and I had forgotten to print out a knew card, so when the officer pulled me over all I had was an expired card to show him.

Speeder do you or anyone else know if I show up in court might the judge knock that $202.75 down further?
Old 05-07-2007, 01:30 PM   #1529
OHCM3

My Ride: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason 77 View Post
Well I finally got the citation in the mail and almost fell over when I opened it and read $901.50 fine!!!!!!

Then I read on and it looks like as long as I have proof of insurance when I show up in court the fee gets knocked down to $202.75. I have esurance and I had forgotten to print out a knew card, so when the officer pulled me over all I had was an expired card to show him.

Speeder do you or anyone else know if I show up in court might the judge knock that $202.75 down further?
Judges always have a little discretion, but I've never seen a traffic fine reduced. I have seen people get a payment plan, but never a reduction...

"We never retreat, just attack in a different direction"
OHCM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:37 PM   #1530
frobie15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCM3 View Post
Judges always have a little discretion, but I've never seen a traffic fine reduced. I have seen people get a payment plan, but never a reduction...
+1

Thank you Sam
Old 05-07-2007, 06:34 PM   #1531
jason 77

Quote:

Oh ok ... thanks for the information.... Since I have to show proof of insurance I can't do the thing where you call in and tell them that you want to plead guilty and pay the fine like I did last time right?

Again thank you guys for all the information
Old 05-07-2007, 07:00 PM   #1532
OHCM3

My Ride: 2011 535i
Quote:
Oh ok ... thanks for the information.... Since I have to show proof of insurance I can't do the thing where you call in and tell them that you want to plead guilty and pay the fine like I did last time right?

Again thank you guys for all the information
Just go to the traffic clerk at the courthouse. You can show proof of insurance and pay the fine for the other thing there...

"We never retreat, just attack in a different direction"
OHCM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:11 PM   #1533
SL Blak Soldier

My Ride: 3 Pedal SG S54B32
Send a message via AIM to SL Blak Soldier
somebody want to sign off on a tint ticket for me? just PM me, no need to post in the thread. lol.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:41 AM   #1534
verb

My Ride: e46
Hey frobie, I've been following this thread for a while and appreciate what you're doing here.

Anyway, I recently got a ticket for going 82 in a 70 on I5 at 12am near sac international airport. There was nobody around and I was merging on the freeway at the time. I'm assuming he didn't use radar, since he left that box blank on the ticket, so he must have paced me. The only problem is that by the time his headlights were behind me, I had already slowed down to 65-70.

My question is, do I stand a chance if I contest this ticket, considering that I was merging at the time?
Also, I don't know if this is important, but in the max spd. box the cop wrote 65, and I know for a fact that the limit on this section of I5 is 70. Can I make a point out of this?

Thanks for the help, I tried searching for similar posts, but I am still confused on the matter.
verb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:54 AM   #1535
frobie15

Quote:
Originally Posted by verb View Post
Anyway, I recently got a ticket for going 82 in a 70 on I5 at 12am near sac international airport. There was nobody around and I was merging on the freeway at the time. I'm assuming he didn't use radar, since he left that box blank on the ticket, so he must have paced me. The only problem is that by the time his headlights were behind me, I had already slowed down to 65-70.

My question is, do I stand a chance if I contest this ticket, considering that I was merging at the time?
Also, I don't know if this is important, but in the max spd. box the cop wrote 65, and I know for a fact that the limit on this section of I5 is 70. Can I make a point out of this?
You're gonna have a hard time getting out of it. I understand that it was late with probably not a whole lot of traffic out, but you were still going 82. It's a maximum speed violation ticket so it's a matter of yes or no, were you over the limit. So you'd have to have a reason why the officer made an error rather than you not going that fast, if that makes any sense.

I'm pretty sure that the I-5 through any town (for the most part) is governed by a 65 mph max. I know that the Sacramento Airport is on the north end of town, but it's probably still 65. Double, no, triple check before you try to use this in court. If it IS a 70 zone, then take pictures of the signs, and try to find out through CalTrans the official max speed through there.

Thank you Sam
Old 05-08-2007, 12:45 PM   #1536
jason 77

Quote:
Just go to the traffic clerk at the courthouse. You can show proof of insurance and pay the fine for the other thing there...
Oh so I don't have to wait till the court date on my citation, I can just go up to the court house and ask where the traffic clerk is then show proof of insurance and pay the 202.75 fee?

Thanks again for the information.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:52 PM   #1537
frobie15

Quote:
Oh so I don't have to wait till the court date on my citation, I can just go up to the court house and ask where the traffic clerk is then show proof of insurance and pay the 202.75 fee?

Thanks again for the information.
That ought to be about how it goes.

Thank you Sam
Old 05-08-2007, 01:52 PM   #1538
frobie15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL Blak Soldier View Post
somebody want to sign off on a tint ticket for me? just PM me, no need to post in the thread. lol.
I'll pass

Thank you Sam
Old 05-08-2007, 04:03 PM   #1539
jason 77

Quote:
That ought to be about how it goes.
great thanks again for all your help!
Old 05-08-2007, 04:23 PM   #1540
SL Blak Soldier

My Ride: 3 Pedal SG S54B32
Send a message via AIM to SL Blak Soldier
Quote:
I'll pass
what if i accidentally drop a $20 bill on the ground? lol.

how serious of an offense would that be? if i bribed you.... i'm just curious. also how bad is it for the officer to sign off a tint ticket? i'm also just curious.

thanks guys. lol

Tags
cop advice, f&*k tha police, i <3 frobie, lion is delicious, nwa