E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2007, 07:12 AM   #1
fandy

My Ride: E46 318i 00
xenon hid lights vibrating

i've had this xenon installed since like 3 months ago, last night i saw something wrong with my left light, when at first i turn the engine on the light stay put, followed by 5secs or more the lights starts to vibrate, only left lights, not bulb, not the engine shaking or anything, just the lights, and then it stopped and then it goes again. a friend of mine told me to reset the ecu so it would recognize it as a hid. coz the front head lights indicator lights up when the car is turned off, but as soon as the hid turned on, it disappear, is this true ? how to fix this? my hid is 35watt , my friend told me to buy a 55watt, lol thanks
fandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:19 AM   #2
iseedipp

My Ride: SMG II M3 and H2
Send a message via AIM to iseedipp
this can be fixed by getting new friends. i take it you mean your dash indicator "light out" is on and when you turn your lights on it goes away. if this is the case you just need to get your car flashed for xenons.

CF front splitters|Gruppe M Ti exhaust|19" v715 Matte black with SS lip|Black out package|Phillips Ultinon 6k|6k Angel eyes|OEM LED tails|Pioneer Avic N2 and more

2003 White on Beige Hummer H2
33" toyo open country and dubs otherwise stock.

06 Yamaha R6
08 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8

Myspace/vivaladipp
iseedipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 07:39 AM   #3
fandy

yes that's correct, by flashing u mean reset ecu ? is the dash indicator causing this problem ? i've asked the guy from my dealer and he said there wont be anything wrong with the electrical if its only dash indicator flashing, and i also asked him to reset my ecu and he said there will be no use, the only way to get rid of the dash indicator lights is to install a module that will replace the halogen to xenon and that cost me like 400$, @_@ now thats something, btw thanks for the quick reply
Old 06-01-2007, 07:42 AM   #4
iseedipp

no it's not resetting the ecu. I just noticed you had a 318 what year is it? If it's obdII what they'll do is hook up their hardware to your odII sensor and reflash your car for hids.

CF front splitters|Gruppe M Ti exhaust|19" v715 Matte black with SS lip|Black out package|Phillips Ultinon 6k|6k Angel eyes|OEM LED tails|Pioneer Avic N2 and more

06 Yamaha R6

Myspace/vivaladipp
Old 06-01-2007, 07:47 AM   #5
fandy

its 2000, sorry forgot to mention, now u tell me what to do, then i just asked the guy to do what u said, lol im so noob at this
Old 06-01-2007, 09:26 AM   #6
sstainba

My Ride: 02 325Ci
Correct me if I'm wrong... but it's the LCM, not the ECU that needs to be flashed. Oh, and do not get 55W. You could melt your wiring like that. 55W bulbs pull more current than 35W do.
sstainba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 09:57 AM   #7
fandy

thanks guys, so i just tell the guy at the dealer to flashed my lcm to fit xenon hid ? is that it ?
Old 06-04-2007, 01:47 AM   #8
fandy

ok so right now my car is at dealer for service, i've asked the tech guy at dealer he said that, he cant flashed my LCM , even if he did..he wouldn't know the result as my Xenon is not OEM, he said it have diff wire's and connect not to LCM, he can recode to Xenon but he just didnt know how its gonna be, will the on board indicator vanishes or even worse the Xenon is dead. so he asked me. will i take the risk since they wont be responsible for anything coz my Xenon is not OEM, and one more thing, this is what the tech guy said "The Term LCM is only used at 5 Series, for 3 Series its LEZ/LCE/LZE (im not sure which one)". the least thing they could do is changing the switch (im not sure which switch) so it switches to Xenon, thats what they said, but im still not really sure since i trust 100% on u guys. i need a reply a.s.a.p coz they were waiting for my decision. thanks...
Old 06-05-2007, 04:53 AM   #9
fandy

up
Old 06-05-2007, 05:22 AM   #10
sillieidiot

My Ride: '06 AW 330ci
Send a message via AIM to sillieidiot
Reflash it. It won't do anything to your car he it doesn't work

Have a lighting problem? Read this first:
Lighting-related Troubleshooting Guide
sillieidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 05:26 AM   #11
CynicalWry
Doesn't like PMs...Email me

My Ride: 00 323i-05 cbr600rr
Send a message via AIM to CynicalWry
LCM is Lamp Control Module...

Re-flashing for Xenons may help your situation, but is not guaranteed. You might have a failing ballast. Try removing your current HID system and connecting it directly to a 12 volt power supply. If you still have a flicker when connected to a power supply then you have a problem with the HID system and not the the vehicle.

Authorized Umnitza.com installer
301-825-5871
http://www.robinsNestChildCare.com - - - - - http://www.tntTint.net
CynicalWry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 09:46 AM   #12
fandy

what if it's not? this happen recently tho, or at least i just noticed them. now iseedip said this "If it's obdII what they'll do is hook up their hardware to your odII sensor and reflash your car for hids."", can i just do this instead?,i got a friend who has the scanner, tx
Old 06-05-2007, 09:46 AM   #13
fandy

what if it's not? this happen recently tho, or at least i just noticed them. now iseedip said this "If it's obdII what they'll do is hook up their hardware to your odII sensor and reflash your car for hids."", can i just do this instead?,i got a friend who has the scanner, tx
Old 06-05-2007, 03:30 PM   #14
sillieidiot

^ that's the same thing as the reflashing that we're talking about. just go do it. if it doesn't work, come back and tell us. it won't have any affect on your car if it doesn't work.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:09 PM   #15
fandy

ok , thanks guys, imma tell the guy at dealer see if this can be sorted out...somehow
Old 06-05-2007, 11:16 PM   #16
sillieidiot

ok. goodluck on it. update us on the results.

Old 06-07-2007, 08:36 AM   #17
iseedipp

i had a 2k0 323CI and i had p46's in it i didn't realize all i needed was a reflash of the LCM. My buddy who owns a shop was checking it out for something else and reflashed it for free. The bulb out light went away and never came back

06 Yamaha R6

Myspace/vivaladipp
Old 06-07-2007, 09:33 AM   #18
fandy

news update! , "sorry no can do" said the dealer guy. , so i might as well get my friend obd II scanner and reflash it to Xenon? , my xenon is aftermarket, thats why they wont do it....besides they said it did not recognize anything with the aftermarket xenon, "you have to had an OEM so we can do this kind of thing" , now what should i do next? other than the one i just mentioned..

Last edited by fandy; 06-07-2007 at 09:36 AM.