E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2002, 07:42 PM   #21
jAb
I've got cool scars

My Ride: 09 335i & 00 328Ci
Quote:
Originally posted by Imola Ed

You can't edit the subject line completely in vBulletin.
you can if your a moderator :tongue:
jAb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 07:45 PM   #22
njsign

My Ride: 2001 330ci
Tell them a cop is coming over so you can file a police report and you're going to file a claim against their insurance!
njsign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 07:46 PM   #23
p0tpie

My Ride: '06 M3
Quote:
Originally posted by njsign
Tell them a cop is coming over so you can file a police report and you're going to file a claim against their insurance!
now that is just messed up.
Old 06-03-2002, 07:46 PM   #24
AndyXXL
mod bug resistant

My Ride: S4
This sucks. That's why no one has the keys to my car except me.
AndyXXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 07:54 PM   #25
Hobbes
Nonsense Generator

My Ride: 2006 X5 4.8is
Send a message via AIM to Hobbes
I usually leave my keys on my desk next to my computer. What pisses me off is they didn't even call me to ask how to jump their car correctly. Now my car struggles to start up, and the check engine and battery light are on. When I showed them the ACS strut tower bar, their response was "oh you dont need that thing". I will take pics later when I'm not so pissed off.
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 07:55 PM   #26
Hobbes
Nonsense Generator

Also I don't know what I'm going to tell the dealer when I take the car in, the sparks really f-ked up the engine bay, and you can tell it was jumped incorrectly.
Old 06-03-2002, 08:07 PM   #27
Sean`02///325ci

My Ride: 2002-325ci
you know if your insurance or their insurance will not cover it and there is some damage, then take out your ACS strut bar and see if it will help by saying their was some serious glitch or something that's causing all the Cehck engine light and the engine to behave funny.
Basically do not tell the dealer that the car was improperly jumped or something otherwise they might void warranty work.

Sean Gohain `02///325ci

A thing of beauty is a joy forever,
as its beauty increases it shall never pass into nothingness

Sean`02///325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 08:08 PM   #28
Imola Ed
That's a lot of nuts!

My Ride: Formerly:2002 ACS M3
Send a message via AIM to Imola Ed
Quote:
Originally posted by Sean`02///325ci
you know if your insurance or their insurance will not cover it and there is some damage, then take out your ACS strut bar and see if it will help by saying their was some serious glitch or something that's causing all the Cehck engine light and the engine to behave funny.
Basically do not tell the dealer that the car was improperly jumped or something otherwise they might void warranty work.
I wouldn't try to make someone else pay for something when you know who the culprits were. Why spread the circle of pain?
Old 06-03-2002, 08:24 PM   #29
SrCsTc
Banned

My Ride: 00 323Ci
Send a message via AIM to SrCsTc
Sorry to hear that man, Sue them!
SrCsTc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 08:28 PM   #30
AndyXXL
mod bug resistant

My Ride: S4
Quote:
Originally posted by srcstc
Sorry to hear that man, Sue them!
Sue his own parents? You've got to be kidding.
AndyXXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 08:30 PM   #31
Imola Ed
That's a lot of nuts!

My Ride: Formerly:2002 ACS M3
Send a message via AIM to Imola Ed
Quote:
Originally posted by jAb

you can if your a moderator :tongue:
Aha! I was wondering if that was possible. I have a copy of Ikonboard, and it's very similar. Should've checked that to be sure. Kind of a bug though that mere users can't adjust their own subjects properly.
Old 06-03-2002, 08:32 PM   #32
BMWxTREME

My Ride: '00 323i (step)
Send a message via MSN to BMWxTREME
come on people--let's have a little perspective here. it's just a car. sure, your parents were wrong in what they did, but after all they are still your parents.

* Hamann eyelids, roof spoiler, mirrors, competition rear wing, pedals, Racing Dynamics R35 front bumper, Alcantara shift, e-brake boots, engine start button, ECIS cai, H & R springs, Bilstein shocks, Breyton Inspiration rims, Sony PS 2, Phoenix Gold XS 2200, XS 4400 amps, 2 x 10 " JL Audio subwoofers, Clarion CDC655Tz cd changer, DPH7500z equalizer, VRZ 6671z monitor *

BMWxTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 08:52 PM   #33
Sean`02///325ci

My Ride: 2002-325ci
Quote:
I wouldn't try to make someone else pay for something when you know who the culprits were. Why spread the circle of pain?
i totally agree. i was debating with myself to say this or not and in the end i just posted it.
it will be unethical to do what i suggested though

Sean Gohain `02///325ci

A thing of beauty is a joy forever,
as its beauty increases it shall never pass into nothingness

Sean`02///325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 09:25 PM   #34
Stealthwagen

My Ride: '00 323iT / S54 6Spd
Holy smokes man

Get over it!! It's a friggin car for cryin' out loud. I feel your pain over what's happened, believe me. It's a shi**y deal. But hey dude, your priorities are seriously out of whack if you're talking this way about your folks. Did it occur to you that they may not be aware of the intracacies of jumping with these newer cars?

I only hope for their sake that you saved all the venom for the board. After all, the car can be fixed and only you'll be the wiser. Your relationship with your folks may never recover if you've spewed this crap at them. I hope for your sake you held your tongue. Don't let what was undoubtedly an innocent mistake on their part cause permanent pain for you all.

By the way, I'm curious about something. Do you live in their house, or they in yours?? Somehow I doubt it's the latter. A son so disposed to caring for his mom & dad wouldn't be reacting this violently. No, I suspect the former, huh?

You ought to be grateful they put up with you and your 'tude. (and don't talk to me about paying rent either). Their house pal. Put up (nicely) or shut up. Or for everyone's mental health, get out.
Stealthwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 10:06 PM   #35
SrCsTc
Banned

My Ride: 00 323Ci
Send a message via AIM to SrCsTc
Quote:
Originally posted by AndyXXL

Sue his own parents? You've got to be kidding.
Lighten up, I was joking.
SrCsTc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 10:37 PM   #36
Hobbes
Nonsense Generator

Ahhh yes. I realize now. I am the bad one. I am everything that is wrong with America. I leech off my parents. I made them buy my car for me. I make them pay insurance. I make them pay for my college funding. I don't have a job. I don't like to work. I am just an ingrate.
Old 06-03-2002, 11:15 PM   #37
Anthony
Bimmerless

My Ride: '09 FX35
I feel you man. My mom wiped down my dirty car when it was dry. You could see the streaks of dirt all over my hood. I thought for sure the paint was gone for good. So I can imagine how hot you are right now. But luckily, I was able to buff it all out. Everything of mine is paid by me, so I can feel your frustration. But you gotta remember, they didnt mean to mess anything up. Parents just dont realize how expensive some of our stuff is or how hard we worked to get these nice things.

Like Fresh Prince said...."Parents just dont understand"
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 01:30 AM   #38
InlineSiX
illstylez

My Ride: 1999 328i
Yup and besides...would u really let your parents pay for damages anyway?

Guess I just think they paid for everything before you even started working right? I mean I guess even it out by paying them all the expenses they had for raising you and they can pay u for car damages!

And don't think I dont get where youre coming from either...My pops scraped my ACS wheels a month after I got them...
Old 06-04-2002, 01:52 AM   #39
vids_blk323Ci
DFW

My Ride: JB 323Ci SP PP
Send a message via AIM to vids_blk323Ci
Man this is crazy!!!

Try to strike a deal, in a very business like manner where they pay for the engine bay damages, and you absorb the cost of the Strut bar.

I never leave my car keys out. I cover my with a car cover...
vids_blk323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote