E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2002, 10:18 PM   #21
mattman

My Ride: 2010 Nissan
Quote:
Originally posted by valerie

PS: I find it amusing when people who bought BMWs complain that Dinan is overpriced.

Haha.. good pt.. I was thinking the same..
Old 06-03-2002, 11:11 PM   #22
israelsailor
Banned

My Ride: 2001 330 Cic
Send a message via ICQ to israelsailor
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: I find it amusing when people who bought BMWs complain that Dinan is overpriced.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

apples and oranges.. ECIS: Dinan is not even close to BMW: anything. Plus BMW is more subtle about their BS. Dinan is overtly full of it. Your comment is overly simplistic. BMWs are expensive.. and the price is hiked.. but buying Dinan is just plain stupid... especially when it's not anything special.
israelsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 11:24 PM   #23
valerie
M-Tech Originator

My Ride: BMWs
Quote:
Originally posted by israelsailor
quote:

apples and oranges.. ECIS: Dinan is not even close to BMW: anything. Plus BMW is more subtle about their BS. Dinan is overtly full of it. Your comment is overly simplistic. BMWs are expensive.. and the price is hiked.. but buying Dinan is just plain stupid... especially when it's not anything special.
well i disagree. BMWs are overpriced and lacking in features when compared to the competition (or even have sub standard or outdated features like the bad HK system and the outdated Nav). Maintanence is costly, service is poor. We all love the cars for the driving experience though, so to us its worth it.

Dinan offers a level of R&D and warranty that no-one else does in aftermarket parts (edit: in the US, not sure about elsewhere). The prices are high but so is the quality, plus the product support and dealer network is outstanding. So to me, for the most part, I have found it worht it.

That's my opinion, saying that its apples and oranges or that Dinan is stupid is irrelevant to my experience and condescending.

And no one is more full of it then BMW who sell their cars with a high and mighty attitude for big $$ then have the ridiculous POV about dealer service that they do.

Last edited by valerie; 06-03-2002 at 11:36 PM.
valerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 12:13 AM   #24
mattman

My Ride: 2010 Nissan
Quote:

well i disagree. BMWs are overpriced and lacking in features when compared to the competition (or even have sub standard or outdated features like the bad HK system and the outdated Nav). Maintanence is costly, service is poor. We all love the cars for the driving experience though, so to us its worth it.

Dinan offers a level of R&D and warranty that no-one else does in aftermarket parts (edit: in the US, not sure about elsewhere). The prices are high but so is the quality, plus the product support and dealer network is outstanding. So to me, for the most part, I have found it worht it.

That's my opinion, saying that its apples and oranges or that Dinan is stupid is irrelevant to my experience and condescending.

And no one is more full of it then BMW who sell their cars with a high and mighty attitude for big $$ then have the ridiculous POV about dealer service that they do.
Agreed!! Some aspects of BMW is shitty.. namely the service.. My car is STILL in the shop (1 week) cause they can't get the OEM Alarm to work.. wtf?!
Old 06-04-2002, 02:50 AM   #25
Jspeed

My Ride: '01 330i
Quote:
Originally posted by CarterAce1
Isnt that just basically the same setup as the OEM airbox?
Yes and no. Both the ECIS/Conforti and the stock intake draw cool air from the kidney grilles. The difference lies in the airbox area. For the stock intake, the air enters the box, turns 90 degrees downwards, then 180 degrees back up, and thru the air filter. The ECIS/Conforti eliminates these two bends and allow the air to flow directly to the cone filter as soon as air enters the shielded area.

Both the Dinan and ECIS/Conforti style intake yield similar power gains. Just check their websites for yourself.
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote