E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2007, 02:04 AM   #1
ANDY_332I

My Ride: E240 530D
down 32.1 Lbs and now stuck :( help

So this jan i was 212.6 Lbs ( i am 5'11) and a waist of 36. I decided it was enough, started on the atkins for 2 months, lost 19 Lbs, then got off atkins and started eating right and walking every day, now i am 180.5 a waist of 32, but have been stuck at this weight for abt 2 weeks now, i eat no sugar except when i drink on sat nights once in a while ( a couple of beers) i eat no bread or stuff like that try to eat Healthy ( been doing so since i got off atkins) i walk for 4.5 Miles every morning, but am stuck at 180 ..... i need to / want to get to 170 .... or a waist of 30 ... help .....
ANDY_332I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:45 AM   #2
core
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]

My Ride: 2003.5 E46 ///M3
u did this with diet and walkin only ? any cardio ?

core is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:30 AM   #3
jamesanahole

My Ride: E46 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDY_332I View Post
So this jan i was 212.6 Lbs ( i am 5'11) and a waist of 36. I decided it was enough, started on the atkins for 2 months, lost 19 Lbs, then got off atkins and started eating right and walking every day, now i am 180.5 a waist of 32, but have been stuck at this weight for abt 2 weeks now, i eat no sugar except when i drink on sat nights once in a while ( a couple of beers) i eat no bread or stuff like that try to eat Healthy ( been doing so since i got off atkins) i walk for 4.5 Miles every morning, but am stuck at 180 ..... i need to / want to get to 170 .... or a waist of 30 ... help .....
you sure you want to do a waist of 30? if i were you, i'd start doing some weights, i think 32 is already really small, but if you truly want to go down to a size 30 here's what you do.

stop walking, your body has gotten so used to walking that it's not going to give your body a workout anymore, try jogging, find your pace, don't have to jog fast, give your body something different to work with, biking, boxing, etc, something that requires your whole body to move, i found jiu jitsu to be really helpful, keep up your diet, you're doin a great job, i know this advice will work, let me know the results.
jamesanahole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:23 AM   #4
ANDY_332I

Quote:
Originally Posted by core View Post
u did this with diet and walkin only ? any cardio ?
lost the first 19lbs with atkins only and a brisk walk for 30 min every morning
then moved to a low card / healthy card/watched eating program counting the cals that i ate etc no bread no rice etc etc abt 1800 cals a day( as my job is to sit all day .... ) but kept up the walking and upped it to 45 mins a day, am on the same diet and have upped it to 60 mins every morning,
Old 07-09-2007, 02:25 AM   #5
ANDY_332I

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesanahole View Post
you sure you want to do a waist of 30? if i were you, i'd start doing some weights, i think 32 is already really small, but if you truly want to go down to a size 30 here's what you do.

stop walking, your body has gotten so used to walking that it's not going to give your body a workout anymore, try jogging, find your pace, don't have to jog fast, give your body something different to work with, biking, boxing, etc, something that requires your whole body to move, i found jiu jitsu to be really helpful, keep up your diet, you're doin a great job, i know this advice will work, let me know the results.
hmm well i used to walk for 45 mins now i walk at a brisk pace for 60 mins abt 4.5 miles .... yup 30 / 170lbs / no stomach is my ideal weight i wanna be at ... given i turned 30 a couple of months ago ,... it's hitting me hard and i wanna get into shape ... so when my kid / s go to school with me they dont have to go "That fat guy is my dad ./..."
i cant jog to save my f'ing life , i smoke, not a lot 5-7 smokes a day, i have started doing situps abt a 100 and i can tell it's working on the stomach muscles, i just wanna get rid of my stomach .... lets see if i can jog a lil during the 1 hr i have in the morning ... .

Last edited by ANDY_332I; 07-09-2007 at 02:27 AM.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:19 AM   #6
Tavy8010

My Ride: 1999 328i
Send a message via AIM to Tavy8010
I'm sure I'm not the first person to tell you this, but if you want to take it to the next level....stop smoking. Even though 5-7 cigs a day isn't that much, I bet if you stopped you will be capable of more intense cardio. Oh and when your kids go to school they won't have to say, " That guy with the oxygen tank over there...that's my dad".
Tavy8010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:29 PM   #7
1edyson
Yoda Rocks!

My Ride: 325CI
Send a message via AIM to 1edyson
that and you've prolly just hit a plateau. the key is to not give up, and keep pushing through. i hit a plateau every few months, and you just gotta keep pushing.

1edyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:46 PM   #8
futurezero
Horror Business

My Ride: E92 335i|'11 Impreza
Try doing interval training. Try walking at a comfortable pace for ~2 laps and then do a full out sprint for ~1-2 laps (depending on what you can handle), and then back to walking. You'll find this increases your endurance without completely wearing you out.

I used to just jog/sprint for 7-8 miles straight but I find it much more effective to do interval training.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:06 PM   #9
Dalton
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly

My Ride: goes wshh
Have you had a cheat day/"refeed day"? I'm in kinda the same boat. I was 210ish and dropped down to ~175 and its real hard to get the weight off. I just finished about 3 weeks on an EC stack and I think i lost like 4 or 5 lbs tops. I dunno, I think its time to start clean bulking and getting the metabolism back in high gear...
Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:10 PM   #10
joedaddy

My Ride: OCTA
what's wrong with 180 @ 5'11"? I mean.. how "strong" are you? If you are somewhat "muscular" w/ a little more fat than you want.. I figure you are OK.. not bad..
32" waist is not bad either.. Also, i figure with eating right and regularly excercising is making you feel/perform better correct?
I still think you are at a good weight.. maybe drop 5 more lbs? I would just go into weight lifting and maybe "tone out" the last 5lbs or so.. then you'll LOOK good too...
I am 5'10" and 155 right now.. and my goal is to reach 160~165lb.. (31" waist, pant size, not tight)
Old 07-11-2007, 02:18 AM   #11
ANDY_332I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton View Post
Have you had a cheat day/"refeed day"? I'm in kinda the same boat. I was 210ish and dropped down to ~175 and its real hard to get the weight off. I just finished about 3 weeks on an EC stack and I think i lost like 4 or 5 lbs tops. I dunno, I think its time to start clean bulking and getting the metabolism back in high gear...
normally sat nights when i eat what i want have a few beers etc etc or sundays go for a chanmpagne lunch ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedaddy View Post
what's wrong with 180 @ 5'11"? I mean.. how "strong" are you? If you are somewhat "muscular" w/ a little more fat than you want.. I figure you are OK.. not bad..
32" waist is not bad either.. Also, i figure with eating right and regularly excercising is making you feel/perform better correct?
I still think you are at a good weight.. maybe drop 5 more lbs? I would just go into weight lifting and maybe "tone out" the last 5lbs or so.. then you'll LOOK good too...
I am 5'10" and 155 right now.. and my goal is to reach 160~165lb.. (31" waist, pant size, not tight)
i used to be a 36 tight now the 32's are fitted(pants) getting comfortable jeans are loose)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavy8010 View Post
I'm sure I'm not the first person to tell you this, but if you want to take it to the next level....stop smoking. Even though 5-7 cigs a day isn't that much, I bet if you stopped you will be capable of more intense cardio. Oh and when your kids go to school they won't have to say, " That guy with the oxygen tank over there...that's my dad".
lol nice one

i tried running ... 3/4th of a lap / one lap and i was done .. . i cant jog but i still walked for the rest of the time ....
Old 07-15-2007, 04:48 PM   #12
AMERICUS

My Ride: 04 330 ZHP
Ellipticals are not for women!! A HIIT program on the elliptical is probably one of the best ways to increase cardiovascular capacity. A study was done with olympic athletes on cardiovascular capacity using a HIIT routine on the elliptical. In every subject, mind you they are in top form already, they increased a MINIMUM of 20% capacity. That says something. Try to find the ones that involve the arms and legs too. Decent back workout as well. Oh yeah, try running backwards on the elliptical, that will burn your legs out
AMERICUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:21 AM   #13
ANDY_332I

took a 4 day break, didnt gain any wt, and back to the same routine and started loosing wt again
Old 08-02-2007, 01:28 PM   #14
dumayou

My Ride: 2008 M6
Send a message via AIM to dumayou
i'm stuck at 170 and i'm 5'7 forever. I'm still pushing myself hard. but i have been eating bad too.

I'm just starting to try taking lipo 6. I heard good commend on this product. will let you guys know in couple weeks
dumayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 04:14 PM   #15
Tavy8010

My Ride: 1999 328i
Send a message via AIM to Tavy8010
I'm a firm believer that your body will find the weight its comfortable at. This might not be the weight you want to be but it might be helpful to not concern yourself with numbers and focus on how you physically look and feel.
Tavy8010 is offline   Reply With Quote