E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-11-2007, 09:53 AM   #1
nolocontendere

My Ride: 2004 M3 Coupe
Alcon 4 Wheel BBK Installed Pics!!

After extensively reviewing the options and wanting a BBK from the day I bought the car, I finally pulled the trigger on the 4 wheel Alcon kit. I can honestly say that I have done quite a few mods to my car and my expectations were very high with respect to this kit, and this kit in aesthetics alone has far exceeded my expectations. The pictures don't do it justice. You need to see them in person. They look outrageous. The silver/black combination just oozes class like the brakes on an AMG car. No gaudy flashy in your face colors needed. Note that the aggressive slotting pattern looks better than cross drilled but yet performs better than cross drilled and traditional slotting on the track. Frankly, I haven't tracked them yet (I have two events in september), but if the feel on the street in any indicator I am going to be amazed.

The front rotors are 365mm and still fit under on 18" rim. Note that the calipers are true monobloc calipers and have much more clearance then anything else on the market--look at the picture of the clearance on the front wheel--those are CSL reps WITHOUT spacers--look how much clearence there is! Neither Brembo nor Stoptech will clear without spacers. Also note that notwithstanding the size these are still significantly lighter than the stock brakes.

Oh, and these can be had for no more than a Brembo kit--there is a common misperception that you have to spend $7K for this performance.

Finally, while these are distributed in the USA by Stasis Engineering, these are authentic Alcon brakes straight out of the UK. I can post pics of the packaging from Alcon if anyone is interested.

I will report more when I get my track tires mounted to my 18" track wheels so you can see the clearance on 18". I also will report back once I hit the track.

2004 Carbon Black/Black M3 Coupe
BMW CCA Club Racing C-Modified/NASA GTS-4 Racecar
nolocontendere is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:14 AM   #2
ytyper

My Ride: M3
wow
ytyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:16 AM   #3
Tp///M3

My Ride: CarbonBlack_/_/_/M3

CB/IR, 20% GlossBlack PowderCoated HRE C20, PSS9, AA Gen.4 Exhaust, OEM CSL BOOTLID, Ebay CSL Diffuser, PowerFlex RTAB, AutoSolutions SSK, ZHP Knob, ZCP Brakes, Intravee II for Ipod, CDV Free, That's all for now.
Tp///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:16 AM   #4
02black330ci

My Ride: spaceship
Amazing, thanks for reporting and posting up pictures. It would be great to report when you've had a chance to take these bads boys to the track.

02black330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:17 AM   #5
versace7866
Banned

My Ride: 05 Jet Black M3
OMFG Alcon!!!

awesome track brakes you got there
I love a car that is more for go than for show
versace7866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:53 AM   #6
rpabla

My Ride: 2004 ///
how much did they run you?
blacked kidney grills & gills, awreflectors, predator angel eyes, /// e-brake, K&N 63 intake, aw headlight trim, depo smoked corners, cf roundels, aw hamann fog covers, 20% tint, dice ipod kit, oem alarm
pending installation: eibach springs, 6000k hid fogs, roof spoiler, pedals, 19'' hyperblack csls, Bridgestone Potenza RE050A-PP tires, aw hood-vent, alcantara/cinnamon ebrake boot, sirius oem
-randy
rpabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 11:59 AM   #7
2000BEAST

My Ride: E55, M3
That is a really hot combination.

I haven't seen any brake/wheel combinations that would inspire me to lay down the $$ to replace my stock 19"s - you might have just changed my mind...
2000BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 12:03 PM   #8
2000BEAST

My Ride: E55, M3
PS - see that you have the General UHP Exclaim tires - how do yo like them so far, compared to the tires they replaced ?
2000BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 12:14 PM   #9
nolocontendere

These brakes can be had for less than you all think (and less than the best deal on the Brembo 6pot kit). Contact either Stasis Engineering or VF Engineering.

The Generals are absolutely fine for the street (I've even tracked them at five HPDE events with no issues). Frankly, I would NEVER spend the extra money on more expensive street tires. I just bought a set of lightweight 18" track wheels and 275 Nitto NT-01 R comps for the track and will post additional pics when I have them mounted. Look at it this way--I applied all the money I saved on two sets of Generals towards my dedicated set of track wheels and tires. How does that not make the most sense?

Old 08-11-2007, 02:34 PM   #10
Gusagain

My Ride: '02 M3
The Alcons do look good!
But with them being a monoblock construction, does that mean you have to remove the caliper to change pads? I've looked in various sites, doesn't look like those have a way to pull the pads out of the top of the caliper -- bummer. They do look sweet thou!

Sub 9 minute BTG laps at the Ring:

Custom tuned/// CSL headers/// HJS race cats/// Eisenmann LeMan exhaust/// 19" BBS AIR II CK's/// AutoSolutions SSK/// UUC LWFW and clutch/// Wilwood BBK 6 front & 4 rear/// Simota CAI/// H&R sport springswith Koni shocks/// UUC sways front & rear and some bling bling inside.
Gusagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:27 PM   #11
nojoda

My Ride: 06 M3Vert 6MT JB/CIN
very unique setup! major props!

2006 BMW M3 VERT 6MT (CURRENT)
2007 B7 AUDI A4 2.0T CVT FWD (BRILLIANT BLACK) TRADED

2002 E46 BMW M3 SMG II (TIAG) RIP

INSTAGRAM : itsjorgebrah
nojoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 11:09 PM   #12
Greg@UniqueDesign
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 330Ci
Are you planning on swapping in a track pad when you go to the track?
Greg@UniqueDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 11:13 PM   #13
m3lowrider

My Ride: In Progress _/_/_/
Send a message via AIM to m3lowrider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusagain View Post
The Alcons do look good!
But with them being a monoblock construction, does that mean you have to remove the caliper to change pads? I've looked in various sites, doesn't look like those have a way to pull the pads out of the top of the caliper -- bummer. They do look sweet thou!
Correct, I really wouldnt mind though since the price is so good

***///M3 AW/IR: BBS CHs, PSS9s, RE RSMs, Powerflex RTABs, Depos, SS Race, SS X & S Pipes, CF gills and grills, V-CSL CF Diffuser, V-CSL Bumper, V-CSL Boot, V-CSL Console, LeatherZ IR, CF Emblems, 6000k Chromiums, 8000k d2s Bulbs***
m3lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 03:33 PM   #14
gmhl10
Resident CF Whore

My Ride: '05 A08 M3
Send a message via AIM to gmhl10 Send a message via MSN to gmhl10

gmhl10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:10 AM   #15
nolocontendere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg@UniqueDesign View Post
Are you planning on swapping in a track pad when you go to the track?
Not initially. One of the great things about the Alcon kit is that the SBS ProTrack pads are also available. They are much better than the Ferodo 2500 because they have a MOT of 1292 degrees (the Ferodo's are around 1000), and the SBS are also streetable and make absolutely no noise whatsoever on the street (Ferodo 2500 can be noisy). Frankly, the SBS may be the best track/street crossover pad available. I'll let you know how they hold up on the track, but with a six piston front and 365mm slotted rotors, I expect that they will perform flawlessly on the track such that I won't even need to swap pads.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:38 AM   #16
INsXTC

My Ride: 94 NSX,01 330ci,06xb
nice...did you happen to change out the brake line also?
INsXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:10 PM   #17
nolocontendere

Yes, the kit comes with SS lines.

Old 08-13-2007, 02:14 PM   #18
ArBrnSnpr

My Ride: 02 M3-04 S4-07 GTI
My favorite BBK ever!
SSG. Mack
Lost but not forgotten
These Soldiers paid the ultimate sacrifice so others could live, and I had the joy of serving with them.
1st Brigade 25th Infantry Div. Scouts/Snipers

ArBrnSnpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:44 AM   #19
Racer XXX

My Ride: anything fast
SO HOT!

NICE!

congrats!

2005 e46 M3 (under the knife for BMW CCA CM - 2008)
Spec Miata - gone to a good home
Racer XXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:20 PM   #20
MSpired

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.5 e46 M3
Send a message via AIM to MSpired Send a message via MSN to MSpired Send a message via Yahoo to MSpired
Congrats!

I love the way Alcons look and the clearence sounds like a major plus!