E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.67 average.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:46 PM   #2041
OHCM3

My Ride: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by amits1988 View Post
You came to SF and didn't even tell me?
I was just there over the weekend too...80 degrees and clear skies was a lot nicer than the 105+ degree temps in L.A.

"We never retreat, just attack in a different direction"
OHCM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:58 PM   #2042
Arrows

My Ride: 2000 323i.
Send a message via AIM to Arrows Send a message via MSN to Arrows
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCM3 View Post
I was just there over the weekend too...80 degrees and clear skies was a lot nicer than the 105+ degree temps in L.A.
Atleast SF was cooler than the south bay, it was scortching hot here!
Old 09-05-2007, 11:41 PM   #2043
SmoKeNfLY

My Ride: AW ///M3 & SLK350
SF wasn't that much better with tops hitting 90. Lucky I was driving my gf's SLK and that ticket I got, it was on my gf's slk. I swear I was going to get a speeding tix on my M3 first, but I ended up getting a ticket doing 110 on her slk top down instead.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:20 AM   #2044
3onDubs

My Ride: no
Quote:
Originally Posted by amits1988 View Post
You came to SF and didn't even tell me?
Didn't really have time to do much....got there saturday around 7, left on sunday around 5.

Quote:
It was a perfect weekend
Old 09-07-2007, 01:04 PM   #2045
jason 77

My Ride: 2001 330xi 5speed
Hello........... I have a question to anyone who might know the answer to this on this thread...

I have just completed an online traffic school course and have the paper that was mailed to me to mail to the traffic court.

My question is can I just go down to the court house and hand them this paper in person or do I really have to mail it to them? I ask this because it says they need it by the 10th which is this coming monday and I don't know if they will get it in time if I mail it today?

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
Old 09-07-2007, 01:23 PM   #2046
OHCM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason 77 View Post
Hello........... I have a question to anyone who might know the answer to this on this thread...

I have just completed an online traffic school course and have the paper that was mailed to me to mail to the traffic court.

My question is can I just go down to the court house and hand them this paper in person or do I really have to mail it to them? I ask this because it says they need it by the 10th which is this coming monday and I don't know if they will get it in time if I mail it today?

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
Most online traffic schools also fax a copy of your completion slip to the court directly, so I'd see if they've already done that. Otherwise, I assume you could go to the traffic window at the courthouse you were cited out to and show proof of completion... If it happened in LA County, you can check lasuperiorcourt.org and see if they've received/processed the completion yet.

Old 09-07-2007, 01:40 PM   #2047
jason 77

Quote:
Most online traffic schools also fax a copy of your completion slip to the court directly, so I'd see if they've already done that. Otherwise, I assume you could go to the traffic window at the courthouse you were cited out to and show proof of completion... If it happened in LA County, you can check lasuperiorcourt.org and see if they've received/processed the completion yet.
Thanks for the quick response! I think I will go down to the courthouse at lunch to see if they will take it in person as I have been on hold for 20 min now to ask this question to someone there...LOL this happened in roseville so it was placer county not LA county....again thanks for the info!
Old 09-07-2007, 03:27 PM   #2048
jason 77

Ok so I went down there on my lunch break and it took all of 2 minutes for him to process and take my certificate.............

Thanks again!
Old 09-07-2007, 04:58 PM   #2049
e90-325i

My Ride: E90 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoKeNfLY View Post
First off, I just want to thank you frobie15 for helping out all the members of the forum with their questions, now I have one of my own. I was out celebrating for my friends birthday and have to drive my gf to the airport early the next day. As I was heading nb on 101 I think I was doing at least 80 if not 90 trying to get home, but I didn't maintain that speed for more than maybe 1 minute and slowed down to around 70 but it was already too late and I saw the sirens behind me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoKeNfLY View Post
If I was going 110 as the ticket stated, wouldn't he have to be going faster than 110 to catch up to me? Another error in the ticket shows that the location for the traffic stop was on NB 101 at paul ave exit, but I was clearly heading SB 101. Can that information be used somehow to defend myself in court? It was in the AMs and my GF's car didn't have a plate because it was brand new. I was thinking that they might have gotten the wrong person because I sure as hell wasn't going 100+.
so which one is it SB or NB???
e90-325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:37 PM   #2050
frobie15

My Ride: has a door star
Send a message via AIM to frobie15
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90-325i View Post
so which one is it SB or NB???
Good catch!

Thank you Sam
frobie15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:09 PM   #2051
behnammavi82

My Ride: 330CI
i want to know turn signal should be amber on can be white?
behnammavi82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:54 PM   #2052
OHCM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by behnammavi82 View Post
i want to know turn signal should be amber on can be white?
In CA, red or amber in the rear, white or amber up front, but you're in WA, may be different...

Old 09-10-2007, 11:02 PM   #2053
v3man

My Ride: TBM 2001 330Ci
Send a message via AIM to v3man
how long do i have to get a fix it ticket signed off? today marks 3 weeks.. i just cant find any cops!!.. haha.. and its odd too cause i live right next to campus and i used to see them chillin by 7-11 and parking lots all the time.. past couple days i havent spotted one.. so yea.. how long do i have to get it signed off?
v3man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:25 AM   #2054
OHCM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3man View Post
how long do i have to get a fix it ticket signed off? today marks 3 weeks.. i just cant find any cops!!.. haha.. and its odd too cause i live right next to campus and i used to see them chillin by 7-11 and parking lots all the time.. past couple days i havent spotted one.. so yea.. how long do i have to get it signed off?
As long as you correct the violation right away, just need it signed off and in by the date indicated on your citation. You can always contact the court and get that date extended as well if you'd like.

As far as having officers in the field sign it off, I know that my department has you go to the station, where you pay a $15 fee and get a secondary correction certificate for your records.

Not sure that you want to stop an officer in the field and bother them with it unless you're sure they'll do it. Otherwise do to a local CHP station or call your local police agency and see if they'll sign it off for you at the station.

Old 09-11-2007, 03:08 PM   #2055
Rocksteady85

My Ride: Is Weak Sauce
Send a message via AIM to Rocksteady85 Send a message via Yahoo to Rocksteady85
Does anybody know if it's illegal in CA to cut through a gas station to make a right turn instead of turning at the light? There is another thread in the General off topic forum about this and someone said it's legal in CA. Is this true? I thought it was illegal in every state for some reason.

"I piss excellence."
Rocksteady85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:55 PM   #2056
OHCM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocksteady85 View Post
Does anybody know if it's illegal in CA to cut through a gas station to make a right turn instead of turning at the light? There is another thread in the General off topic forum about this and someone said it's legal in CA. Is this true? I thought it was illegal in every state for some reason.
It is completely legal...one of those urban myths that it is illegal

Old 09-11-2007, 05:49 PM   #2057
Rocksteady85

My Ride: Is Weak Sauce
Send a message via AIM to Rocksteady85 Send a message via Yahoo to Rocksteady85
Quote:
It is completely legal...one of those urban myths that it is illegal
Thank you for clarifying that for me.

"I piss excellence."
Rocksteady85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:15 PM   #2058
LAWLence

My Ride: '01 M3 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to LAWLence
I got pulled over over the weekend. Officer never gave me a reason as to why he pulled me over, even though I asked. Anyway, he popped my hood and ticketed me for intake/no front plate. No biggie there, but I didn't have my insurance card on me (my dad took it out earlier in the day with my owner's manual.. doh). Anyway, I got nailed for no insurance. I don't have the time to go to my court date (I'll be in school a few hundred miles away.)

I read the CVC and it says I can take care of it via mail. What's the procedure on this? What do I need to include in my written request?
LAWLence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 09:38 AM   #2059
OHCM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWLence View Post
I got pulled over over the weekend. Officer never gave me a reason as to why he pulled me over, even though I asked. Anyway, he popped my hood and ticketed me for intake/no front plate. No biggie there, but I didn't have my insurance card on me (my dad took it out earlier in the day with my owner's manual.. doh). Anyway, I got nailed for no insurance. I don't have the time to go to my court date (I'll be in school a few hundred miles away.)

I read the CVC and it says I can take care of it via mail. What's the procedure on this? What do I need to include in my written request?
Due to the fact that you need to present proof of insurance coverage (had to be valid at the time of the stop), I think you have to go to court. Why not just extend the date once or twice until you can make it?

Old 09-14-2007, 09:47 AM   #2060
3onDubs

My Ride: no
Yeah, you'll have to go to court and show the judge proof that you were insured on the day you were pulled over.....showing to the guy at the window won't work either, you'll need to see the judge.....it's happened to me a couple times...

Tags
cop advice, f&*k tha police, i <3 frobie, lion is delicious, nwa