E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Engine & Performance

Engine & Performance
Everything to make your car faster! Air intakes, superchargers, turbos, flywheel & clutch, differentials, chips, short shift kits, exhausts, etc.....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-28-2007, 01:33 AM   #1
3twentyfizzive
N/A ///Member

My Ride: 2001 325i Sport
feeler: 3.46 LSD

I am thinking about selling my 3.46 LSD ( KAAZ 1.5 way).

The built LSD only has about 4-5k miles on it. The 3.46 diff has around 65k miles.

I personally love this mod, its the best one I have made. The reason for selling it is because I have decided to dedicate myself to spiritual/mental discipline and I need some money to pay off some of my debts before I leave.I will be leaving on sept 5th to florida to see how it works out there, I may move to asia if florida does not suit my interests.

I have spent over a total of about $1900. Custom, professionally built. It makes noise when it is cold but that is only because there is still friction in the oil(bits of shavings, KAAZ has larger plates for longevity/abuse). You can eliminate this by thoroughly flushing it out,may need to repeat to eliminate completely through time for molding into perfect smoothness.

For now, I would like to review offers, if theres anyone thats interested to make some.
3twentyfizzive is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:02 AM   #2
Activ3

My Ride: gets DRIVEN.
Send a message via AIM to Activ3
So it's quiet when it's warmed up?

Activ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:03 PM   #3
3twentyfizzive
N/A ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Activ3 View Post
So it's quiet when it's warmed up?
yea. if you flush it thoroughly, you take out the shavings which cause the friction. So, im sure that you can eliminate the sound by how thoroughly flushing it. The first time I flushed it, we used something to scoop out all the oil and there was no sound at all, even when it was cold. The thing is that, the clutch packs are larger on the kaaz units so that means more friction shavings to achieve perfect smoothness. I am almost 100% sure that I have it smooth, just need to do a thorough flush like my first time. Remember this unit is practically new so it will only get smoother.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:18 AM   #4
//ModMaster

My Ride: E46 330ci & E36 328i
What Locking % ?
//ModMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:10 AM   #5
3twentyfizzive
N/A ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry328i View Post
What Locking % ?
its 80/20.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:31 PM   #6
rdgdmd

My Ride: 325i
i don't think the shavings will easily be rid off through flushing since they are magnetized and clings to metals inside the diff. that is why some people get the magnetized fill bolts so that the floating shavings clings to the bolts and then u can clean up the schavings from the bolt from time to time. best way would be to open it up and clean everything.
rdgdmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 02:35 PM   #7
3twentyfizzive
N/A ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgdmd View Post
i don't think the shavings will easily be rid off through flushing since they are magnetized and clings to metals inside the diff. that is why some people get the magnetized fill bolts so that the floating shavings clings to the bolts and then u can clean up the schavings from the bolt from time to time. best way would be to open it up and clean everything.
That doesnt sound like a bad idea but the first flush, I used this stick to just scoop out some oil and it was smooth as butter. I guess the plates we not smoothed out/broken into completely so that made some friction. If someone buys it, flush it out thoroughly for no sound!! BMW friction modifier oil works great.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:49 AM   #8
3twentyfizzive
N/A ///Member

ok, its for sale....

$1700 to the first one to come pick it up..

Im leaving on sept 5th so hurry!
Old 08-31-2007, 09:13 PM   #9
3twentyfizzive
N/A ///Member

bumppppp
Old 09-02-2007, 08:15 AM   #10
kep2002

My Ride: 2002 325it
No hurry bro - bring it to FL with you so I can save on shipping.

Where are you headed, what part of FL? I have a 3.46 installed in my 325 and we could simply swap if you need a replacement diff.

Let me know.
kep2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:49 AM   #11
zeshon

My Ride: S/C 2000 328Ci
Wish this thread had been posted a month ago... It would already be in the mail.

Favorite sponsors
Bavarian Soundwerks | Euro Spec

Mods : Performance : Active Autowerkes Stage 1 C38 New Subframe and TMS Rear Re-Enforcements Upgraded VANOS seals M3 Fuel Baffle KW V2 ZHP Control Arms E60 Short Shifter Sound : Bavarian Soundwereks Stage 2 DICE iPod Link Looks : Replica M3 Mirrors Replica M3 Front Bumper Matte Black Grillz LED Signals
zeshon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 09:57 AM   #12
//ModMaster

My Ride: E46 330ci & E36 328i
is it still 4 sale ?
//ModMaster is offline   Reply With Quote