E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Engine & Performance

Engine & Performance
Everything to make your car faster! Air intakes, superchargers, turbos, flywheel & clutch, differentials, chips, short shift kits, exhausts, etc.....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-14-2007, 01:19 PM   #21
kep2002

My Ride: 2002 325it
UUC Clutch Parts

Sorry to hear about that. The fact that the noob claims to have attempted installing the clutch makes me wonder about the condition of the parts and shade tree skill level of the seller.

If you are not going to install these parts let me know the true condition of everything and email me some high rez photos. I might buy everything from you if you want to get rid of the clutch setup and cut your losses.
kep2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:33 PM   #22
Js330ci

My Ride: 2003 M3
Hmmmm, I'm so glad to hear that you think the item is trash. I want you to try and explain to me what in the fuk is wrong with any of the peices in the package. The flywheel: Fingerprints from when it was trying to be installed (as i stated and posted pic's of) Clutch: Literal s-u-r-f-a-ce- scratches from when it was trying to be installed, again (as i stated and posted pics of)
I qoute

"the kit is 100% new however there was an attempt to install it on the car causing the surface scratches"

"theres been a misunderstanding. the entire clutch kit was never used. there was an attempt to install it which fell through. that is the small surface scractches that you see"

your response......

"nah thats fair enough. I sent payment. did you get the paypal notification"

All this time it took me to type this I was wondering why I wasted my time explaining this to you. Also I do not need I response to this, I would prefer that you did not write me back as you have nothing legitamate to say. I know the condition of the parts. I know what you think the condition of the parts are. No justification needed, dont ruin my reputation on this board, I have sold over 6,000$ in parts with "0" problems till today with nothing but good feedback. If you are not satisfied with the clutch kit, and you think it is worth less than what I sold it to you for than sell it for less, oh but lets make sure that you state its horrible condition.....

Oh by the way are we even going to go into the fact that you never paid me pay pal fees as you so promised, or helped with the 70 fukin dollars it took to send it to canada, knowing that i was only paying for shippin in the cont. US. looks to me like you gotta pretty god damn good deal.

hmmmmm
Old 09-08-2007, 10:36 PM   #23
Js330ci

My Ride: 2003 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kep2002 View Post
Sorry to hear about that. The fact that the noob claims to have attempted installing the clutch makes me wonder about the condition of the parts and shade tree skill level of the seller.

If you are not going to install these parts let me know the true condition of everything and email me some high rez photos. I might buy everything from you if you want to get rid of the clutch setup and cut your losses.
noob, hmmmmm i like that term.
well, nice. i like the fact that you "wonder the condition of the parts" and yet you are still interested in buying ......

hmmmm
Old 09-08-2007, 10:37 PM   #24
Dr. Anthony

My Ride: E92 M3, E46 zhp, E90
Want me to take pics and post them for proof? Its still sitting in the box.

As far as the paypal fees?

a) AFTER I paid you, you then asked for the paypal fees. Sure i wouldnt have a problem paying that if you asked before. Either way I figured I'd send you an extra few dollars when i received the package and everything was good.

Getting used parts when you say they're new... doesnt clasify as a good transaction.
Dr. Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:12 AM   #25
kep2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Js330ci View Post
well, nice. i like the fact that you "wonder the condition of the parts" and yet you are still interested in buying ......

hmmmm

Dude - please leave me out of the scrap. I made an innocent play on words because of the commentary regarding a failed installation attempt.????? How to you fail to install a clutch?

The half dozen or so I have performed in the last 20 years were pretty simple. You drop the tranny, remove the pressure plate and clutch disc followed by the flywheel bolts. If in fact you got this far and put the car back together because you ran into an issue with the new UUC parts seems fishy to me. Either you bought the wrong stuff for your engine/tranny combo or you broke something serious in which case the buyer has a reason to be pissed.

**** happens! FYI - I am a bottom dweller. The way I see it if the fly wheel can be resurfaced and the clutch disc is intact, I can pick up another TO bearing pretty cheap and make everything workout just fine.

FYI - you do know that you need to use metric tools on a BMW, right?
Old 09-10-2007, 10:38 PM   #26
JohnBlaze

My Ride: Black Sunshine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Js330ci View Post

hmmmm
You suck at life
JohnBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:44 PM   #27
Dr. Anthony

Ok, so i had the throwout bearing sitting in the house so I took a pic. You tell me if its been used or not.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	clutch 001.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	241891  
Old 09-10-2007, 10:54 PM   #28
JohnBlaze

My Ride: Black Sunshine
that dude is terrible, he'll get his.
JohnBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 02:29 PM   #29
BooneRacoon

My Ride: 330ci
I also think its funny that if it was never installed why did you put the mod in your sig?

Im staying out of this, but its shitty to pass off parts onto members, thats what ebays for

EDIT: For the litterals, that was a joke
BooneRacoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:27 PM   #30
chuckthis

My Ride: ist mein auto
Send a message via AIM to chuckthis
Car in his sig is a M3, not the 330ci he tried to install it on

You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who have fought for it, freedom has a
special flavor the protected will never know
chuckthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 12:03 AM   #31
kep2002

Hopefully a thing called Karma will come to greet this guy and it will restore balance to the universe.

Sorry that Dr A had this happen to him. I am very cautious about buying anything of the forums and feel very lucky this kind of thing has not happened to me yet.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:05 AM   #32
Dr. Anthony

Thanks guys. however, I do have to put partial blame on myself. I should have looked closer at the pictures rather than putting my trust with this guy. Over the past 8 months, I have purchased about $10-12,000 worth of items from guys on E46fanatics. never once have I been screwed....
Old 09-17-2007, 08:35 AM   #33
chuckthis

It does suck that this happened to you. I've bought a couple things from this guy and he delivered just as described. Sorry for your bad luck.

You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who have fought for it, freedom has a
Old 09-17-2007, 11:03 AM   #34
ridin325

My Ride: 2013 911 C2S
Post the pics of what you recieved because the pics that he showed were of never used parts but they do have dings and scratches on them from failed instal but there is no sign of wear. Sorry to hear what happend just currious to see what it looks like. By the way i am not trying to bash you just wondering.
ridin325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 02:41 PM   #35
aggieE46
Keep it clean

My Ride: 03 Evo, 07 Passat
Send a message via AIM to aggieE46
Seeing as how the description didn't include a TOB, I don't really know if you can throw that in his face.

You would know if a clutch had been used. It would have more than surface scratches. I'd like to see pics. I considered buying this. If you were indeed wronged, I'm sorry, man. I went through something like this earlier this year. Seller was pretty cool, though.

Good luck.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:52 PM   #36
chuckthis

^^^You know you have a point, there was no TOB listed or pictured anywhere in the thread^^^