E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.67 average.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:51 AM   #2221
frobie15

My Ride: has a door star
Send a message via AIM to frobie15
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325-Nick View Post
sorry for the late repost... but from what u said before

it was in Franciscan way, king city in superior court. by officer S. Backind ( cant really read the ticket) also would it be any way possible that i would still be able to drive but only to go to school, as i am a full time student.
Last name is Balkind. She was in my academy class...

Most likely you'll be hitching rides. I have yet to see a judge only modify a suspension like this.

Thank you Sam
frobie15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:55 AM   #2222
frobie15

Quote:
Originally Posted by russm73 View Post
So the bottom line is that, any officer can cite any vehicle no matter what state they are in and if its illegal in their state? Do you guys automatically assume its illegal in their state or do u dispatch the operator to look up the law? How does that process work? I know not one officer knows every law in every state
The way it is supposed to work is this; If I know for a fact that something is illegal in another state then I'll write the ticket to the driver no matter where they currently live. But if I'm not sure, I can always write the ticket on good faith that it's illegal. If that makes sense.

Quote:
(Also this is a totally off side question, but do you happen to know anyone in corrections in CA? I heard there is a big need in CA. Is corrections a safe job? Pay any good? Thanks for all the info you provided for me, greatly appreciated
I meet a lot of people who work for department of corrections... when I write them tickets!!

They make a ton of cash for the difficulty of their job (their pay scale currently mirrors CHP). Is it safe? Well, I'd rather do my job than be working with felons on a daily basis. Plus it gets depressing going to prison every single day.

Thank you Sam
Old 11-14-2007, 01:58 AM   #2223
frobie15

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3zzy View Post
Thats exactly what happened... Yup whats the best way to defend myself :/
If that's the way it went down, then you shouldn't have been given the ticket. I think that maybe there's a difference in your opinion of "slipping the clutch" and the officer's idea of a drag launch.

Without knowing traffic, road design, etc. it's near impossible to calculate a plan of attack. Now if you want to drive up here, then we can discuss some ideas over coffee.

Thank you Sam
Old 11-14-2007, 03:16 AM   #2224
Lane M-K

My Ride: Pista/e46
From what I hear, In most cases if you are going less than 15 mph over the speed limit they will assign you to traffic school. Traffic school will get rid of the point but will it still raise insurence? I have one speeding ticket at the age of 16 (17 mph over) and I recently turned 18.

EUROPROJEKTZ - NorCal Chapter

Lane M-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:53 AM   #2225
OHCM3

My Ride: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane M-K View Post
From what I hear, In most cases if you are going less than 15 mph over the speed limit they will assign you to traffic school. Traffic school will get rid of the point but will it still raise insurence? I have one speeding ticket at the age of 16 (17 mph over) and I recently turned 18.
99% of the time if you plead guilty and pay your fine, you'll get traffic school unless you are inelligible because you took it too recently. Taking traffic school the first time in an 18 month period eliminates the point and clears your record for insurance. If you are granted another 12 hour traffic school during the 18 months since your first traffic school, the point should be gone but many insurance companies will still charge you extra as they don't recognize the 12 hour class.

"We never retreat, just attack in a different direction"
OHCM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:47 PM   #2226
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
anyone have any idea how much the tickets for "loud music" are? just now got one. lol

he really wasnt even very close to me and there were a lot of cars around.. any way to fight it?
Old 11-14-2007, 04:20 PM   #2227
OHCM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
anyone have any idea how much the tickets for "loud music" are? just now got one. lol

he really wasnt even very close to me and there were a lot of cars around.. any way to fight it?
I don't know the price, hopefully someone else will...

Its tough to fight as its a he said/he said deal, so very difficult to win. Also, the vehicle code section applies if the music can be heard from as little as 50 ft away, which is really pretty close...

Old 11-14-2007, 04:38 PM   #2228
Clean_3

My Ride: E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCM3 View Post
I don't know the price, hopefully someone else will...

Its tough to fight as its a he said/he said deal, so very difficult to win. Also, the vehicle code section applies if the music can be heard from as little as 50 ft away, which is really pretty close...
that distance seems so ridiculous, i never understood that one.

Try snooping through her things and finding out where she stashed your ballz...
Clean_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:42 PM   #2229
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
he was probably 200 feet away. my system is very loud.. but its VEERRY hard to hear subs from a roll.

i heard it was 122 from a friend.

i also heard i may be able to go to the doctors and get him to sign me off for bad hearing

which is true.. but only from the loud music. lol
Old 11-14-2007, 11:29 PM   #2230
deafboy

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
@ Jeremy

bro...wth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owtlaw333 View Post
You'll always be pretty in my eyes, Cole :luv:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissspyy View Post
i was like passed out while she's shoving the entire bar in my mouth. :rofl: :rofl:
deafboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:07 PM   #2231
bimmerboi43

My Ride: 2000 bmw 323i
what are some ways an officer can search your car? can he do it for no reason?
just wondering.. what are some things he might say or have to do in order to search my car if i have no record or priors? thanks.
bimmerboi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:09 PM   #2232
3onDubs

My Ride: no
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerboi43 View Post
what are some ways an officer can search your car? can he do it for no reason?
just wondering.. what are some things he might say or have to do in order to search my car if i have no record or priors? thanks.
One of two things: your permission or probable cause

Probable cause could be: a visible weapon, drugs, drug residue, smell of drugs, etc.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:25 PM   #2233
OHCM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3onDubs View Post
One of two things: your permission or probable cause

Probable cause could be: a visible weapon, drugs, drug residue, smell of drugs, etc.

Good start, but it can be even easier...reasonable suspicion (which is very, very easy to articulate)would allow for a "pat down" search for weapons in the vehicle, an inventory search can be conducted if you have grounds to arrest the driver or tow the car (but you can choose to not actually effect the arrest or tow the vehicle in the end if you want) and there are a couple of other very simple tricks that I really shouldn't share...

Old 11-15-2007, 01:29 PM   #2234
3onDubs

My Ride: no
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCM3 View Post
Good start, but it can be even easier...reasonable suspicion (which is very, very easy to articulate)would allow for a "pat down" search for weapons in the vehicle, an inventory search can be conducted if you have grounds to arrest the driver or tow the car (but you can choose to not actually effect the arrest or tow the vehicle in the end if you want) and there are a couple of other very simple tricks that I really shouldn't share...
Nice

Now my question is: bimmerboi, what are you hiding?
Old 11-15-2007, 02:34 PM   #2235
bimmerboi43

My Ride: 2000 bmw 323i
lol, just curious because i always hear about cases being dismissed due to
"illegal search" ? so what if im driving and get pulled over, im really sleep deprived bloodshot eyes and everything but still attentive, can he then search my car ? thanks...
bimmerboi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:12 PM   #2236
zikhkd

My Ride: AMG
Send a message via AIM to zikhkd
im not sure if this has been posted before, but lets say the cop turns his lights on behind you, are you suppose to stop on the side or turn into the next parking lot/street. i was pulled over for going 10+ and I kept going around 15mph to turn into a street that was about 100ft away, the cop got pissed off and started draging his near my car, trying to warn me to stop right away, then yells at me for not stopping right away, made me fckin repeat everything like a dumass " WHEN I SEE AN AMBULENCE OR COP WITH ITS LIGHTS ON, I WILL PULL OVER RIGHT AWAY".

reason why I wanted to pull into the next street was for public safety, drivers usually get distracted by cops on the streets.

funny part is, after that I got pulled over again, and when I stopped on the side, the cop gets on his loud speaker and yells at me to pull into the parking lot cops are funny, what am I suppose to do/?
Old 11-15-2007, 03:20 PM   #2237
Black107

My Ride: 2002 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikhkd View Post
im not sure if this has been posted before, but lets say the cop turns his lights on behind you, are you suppose to stop on the side or turn into the next parking lot/street. i was pulled over for going 10+ and I kept going around 15mph to turn into a street that was about 100ft away, the cop got pissed off and started draging his near my car, trying to warn me to stop right away, then yells at me for not stopping right away, made me fckin repeat everything like a dumass " WHEN I SEE AN AMBULENCE OR COP WITH ITS LIGHTS ON, I WILL PULL OVER RIGHT AWAY".

reason why I wanted to pull into the next street was for public safety, drivers usually get distracted by cops on the streets.

funny part is, after that I got pulled over again, and when I stopped on the side, the cop gets on his loud speaker and yells at me to pull into the parking lot cops are funny, what am I suppose to do/?
Cops are just regular people like you and me, so there are smart ones, average ones, and then not so smart ones. Just like with bankers (as SollyD can attest to), salesmen, politicians, and teachers.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:32 PM   #2238
frobie15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane M-K View Post
Traffic school is never a requirement. But it is an option every 18 months. It removes the point from your record. Which will normally keep your insurance rates at the current level. As for the speed that you can go to traffic school; that's up to the judge that hears your case. Most judges in metropolitan areas allow 15mph over. Up here in the middle of nowhere they usually allow anything under 100mph on the freeway to go to traffic school.

Thank you Sam
Old 11-15-2007, 03:46 PM   #2239
frobie15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikhkd View Post
You're supposed to pull over as soon as it's safe. At night that means that you can pull into a parking lot -- or under a street light. If a cop is sane, then he'd rather have you off of a freeway (if it's reasonable), or a main/busy street. Although if you ever saw the episode of Rob and Big where they got pulled over in Newport Beach the cop got all pissed off at Rob because he didn't pull over right away.

I suggest this; During the day pull over to the shoulder of the freeway, or to the side of the road. If the cop feels it is an unsafe area, then they'll tell you to move. At night, do the same. But if you don't feel safe, try to let the cop know that you acknowledge you are being stopped. Slow down, move to the right lane, turn on your flashers or right turn signal, or something along those lines.

Thank you Sam
Old 11-15-2007, 03:47 PM   #2240
frobie15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerboi43 View Post
lol, just curious because i always hear about cases being dismissed due to
"illegal search" ? so what if im driving and get pulled over, im really sleep deprived bloodshot eyes and everything but still attentive, can he then search my car ? thanks...
If he asks you if it's okay to search your car and you say yes then he can always search your car. Until you tell him to stop

Thank you Sam

Tags
cop advice, f&*k tha police, i <3 frobie, lion is delicious, nwa