E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2003, 11:31 PM   #1
Jupiter19
XX

My Ride: BMW
Smile Some HU help please....

Hi all,
Had a few question about installing a new HU (Pionner DEH-P940MP) and the PAC SWI-X w/HK in a 325 03'. I have been searching and reading as many much info about it, but I have a couple of questions, and would appreciate any help....

1. I live in Nassau County, LI, so if anyone one could recommend a good stereo shop to do the HU install, I would appreciate..I've seen Ultrasounds in Lynbrook mentioned in here, and I wanted to make sure that since I am confused about the whole installation process that I could just give them the stuff and they would know what to do.

2. It is a leased car...is there anything specifically I should ask them NOT to do so that I could switch back to the original radio without being charged for changing the radio when I have to return the car?

3. Someone posted this in another forum..is this true? Will I lose the use of my subwoofers by installing a new HU (mine HU is almost identical to this person's) Or is this just an inexperienced installer?
"Also I would not recommend upgrading a CD player to an aftermarket one if you do have teh H/K system unless you are going to get aftermarket subwoofers also. When they installed my cd player they had to bypass the factory H/K amp because the new cd player has its own amp. All speakers play better but the subwoofers do not play. This is because an aftermarket cd player is wired for stereo sound as the BMW one was wired for mono sound (at least thats what they tell me) but I am planning on
putting aftermarket subwoofers in place of the H/K ones anyway."

4. This post was my second concern from a different person...Again..is this something I should be worrying about, and if it is true..should I assume that the installer will already know about this, and what to do?
"Heard it will for a lil bit..then after awhile it might blow cuz of the different impedences. I also heard that there's also an adaptor that you can get to make it work together w/o worrying about the impedences. Anyone know about this?"

The more I read about it, the more questions I come up with.
one more ques please ...Is it even worth it to upgrade the HU?(My Pioneer MP3 was in my old car (not a BMW) and I loved it, and an mp3 changer is absolutly not an option for me) I've also read that when you do a double amp that you can not go past a certain volume without distortion....or we talking about turning the radio up a bit, or the I can hear your car stereo from down the block loud?
I don't have to money to buy more stereo stuff, so I just wanted to make sure that I would at least have the same quality sound as with the Business CD player.

Sorry for the rambling....I wanted to take the time to get all my questions out at once
Jupiter19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-10-2003, 11:35 PM   #2
illmatic7281
iLLbimmer

My Ride: 325ci
Send a message via AIM to illmatic7281
Ive used audio Designs on rt 107 by the broadway mall. Never had a prob there and the work and price was good
Sport package
Moonroof
Xenon
Painted Reflectors
H/K.......THREW IT OFF A SKYSCRAPER!
ALpine CDA-7995(Made a Huge difference over same setup with Factory Deck) alpine 6disk mp3 changer ....Mb Quart PSC 216 components....Mb Quart DSD 113 Co-Axials.... JL 12w3 V1.......JL 300/4...JL 250/1.....and some high quality ear plugs
illmatic7281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 10:16 AM   #3
Jupiter19
XX

My Ride: BMW
Ok, thanks Illmatic, that's about 15 minutes away from me....I will give them try
Jupiter19 is offline   Reply With Quote