E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2007, 08:50 AM   #1
00_e46er

My Ride: is a bimmer... :)
**I've got a date w/ my girlfriend and her MOM...!**

Alright fellas, in a few short hours i will be having lunch with my girlfriend and her mom (for the first time)... its my first time to actually meet her mom and wanted some advice, tips, rules to follow, do's/dont's when on this "date" ... well you get the idea, just some little information about us, we are both 20 years old and have been together a little over 4 months and im picking them both up in my car after work here in a few hours.... i dont know why but i am a little nervous so any advice would be appreciated.. thx fellow fanatics...!

00_e46er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:51 AM   #2
FloridaE46

My Ride: *****
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_e46er View Post
Alright fellas, in a few short hours i will be having lunch with my girlfriend and her mom (for the first time)... its my first time to actually meet her mom and wanted some advice, tips, rules to follow, do's/dont's when on this "date" ... well you get the idea, just some little information about us, we are both 20 years old and have been together a little over 4 months and im picking them both up in my car after work here in a few hours.... i dont know why but i am a little nervous so any advice would be appreciated.. thx fellow fanatics...!
at least its not the dad... i hate girls dads

FloridaE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:52 AM   #3
RafStar

My Ride: 08 335i Coupe
seduce the mom
Old 12-11-2007, 08:53 AM   #4
versace7866
Banned

My Ride: 05 Jet Black M3
be yourself

no need to fake it but use common sense
versace7866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:53 AM   #5
FloridaE46

My Ride: *****
moms like charming young boys

FloridaE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:53 AM   #6
jgrecbets

My Ride: e65 750i / e90 328xi
Send a message via AIM to jgrecbets
wait...... why?
Old 12-11-2007, 08:59 AM   #7
layla17

My Ride: M3
Be yourself. Don't try to be somebody you're not, because people can usually see right through that.
layla17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:00 AM   #8
pinoycowboy

My Ride: VW GLI & Passat TDI
Send a message via ICQ to pinoycowboy Send a message via AIM to pinoycowboy
piitb

e46 SOLD :(
pinoycowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:06 AM   #9
00_e46er

Quote:
Originally Posted by versace7866 View Post
be yourself

no need to fake it but use common sense
Quote:
Originally Posted by layla17 View Post
Be yourself. Don't try to be somebody you're not, because people can usually see right through that.
yeah you guys are right... well hopefully all goes well, her mom seems pretty straightfoward from what ive heard, i just hope we click you know.. show her that im good for her daughter...

Old 12-11-2007, 09:08 AM   #10
00_e46er

btw, the dads actually the "nicer, more lenient parent of the two" who already likes me.. its the mom i have to impress (i guess you could say)

Old 12-11-2007, 09:26 AM   #11
Novare330

My Ride: AA s/c AMBULAMPS
ive never had a problem with charming moms lol its the dads that i have a little trouble with...

just be yourself, and when you get to the restaurant, be sure to hold doors, and pull out chairs for them, courtesy points, also, let them order first, and as always, offer to pay at the end of the meal. odds are, like any parent she will touch on the subjects of school, work, family life, etc., just to make sure that you are right for her daughter, so be prepared.

other than that, make small talk between major topics of discussion, i dont know your gf or her mom, but just probe the ground and get a sense of what type of person she is before you make any sort of jokes lol it will give u a sense of whats appropriate or not

good luck bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbworld View Post
Need some opinion. Stock Titanium Silver coupe without spoiler, using the 2 Fast 2 furious skyline vinyl scheme. What do you think, do it or not? plus, i think it would look better then what most car members have here.
Novare330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:27 AM   #12
Bmw323CiBOI

My Ride: White 323 & EK W/ITR
Send a message via AIM to Bmw323CiBOI
buy them both flowers! girls say they dont like flowers but they really want them.. good way to start it out
Old 12-11-2007, 09:27 AM   #13
BMWDon

My Ride: Needs a cage
try not to curse too much
don't go for the butt squeeze when you kiss your girl hello in front of her mom
staring at her moms boobs might not be smart either
Old 12-11-2007, 09:39 AM   #14
M3LTDOWN

My Ride: Range Rover on 22's
Send a message via AIM to M3LTDOWN Send a message via MSN to M3LTDOWN
+1 on the flowers.... It is impossible to make a bad impression if you give flowers.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:40 AM   #15
00_e46er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novare330 View Post
ive never had a problem with charming moms lol its the dads that i have a little trouble with...

just be yourself, and when you get to the restaurant, be sure to hold doors, and pull out chairs for them, courtesy points, also, let them order first, and as always, offer to pay at the end of the meal. odds are, like any parent she will touch on the subjects of school, work, family life, etc., just to make sure that you are right for her daughter, so be prepared.

other than that, make small talk between major topics of discussion, i dont know your gf or her mom, but just probe the ground and get a sense of what type of person she is before you make any sort of jokes lol it will give u a sense of whats appropriate or not

good luck bro!
thx man thats the kinda info i was looking for... and also, when i pick them up, mom sits up front right...? (weird question, i know but im just makin sure)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw323CiBOI View Post
buy them both flowers! girls say they dont like flowers but they really want them.. good way to start it out
that sounds like a good idea, but dont yah think that may be a little suck up, or no.. not really...?

Old 12-11-2007, 09:48 AM   #16
Novare330

Quote:
thx man thats the kinda info i was looking for... and also, when i pick them up, mom sits up front right...? (weird question, i know but im just makin sure)?
thats a tough one, what i would do is, after you go to the door and pick them up (none of that stay in the car and call to let her know youre here crap lol), after formal greetings, say something along the lines of "so are you guys ready to go? alright, if you lovely ladies would follow me right this way..."

of course, walk ahead of them and open the door for them, make sure there is a little distance between you and her and her mom, then, hold the door open and let them decide who sits in the front, it will work out for the best.

Quote:
Need some opinion. Stock Titanium Silver coupe without spoiler, using the 2 Fast 2 furious skyline vinyl scheme. What do you think, do it or not? plus, i think it would look better then what most car members have here.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:59 AM   #17
00_e46er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novare330 View Post
thats a tough one, what i would do is, after you go to the door and pick them up (none of that stay in the car and call to let her know youre here crap lol), after formal greetings, say something along the lines of "so are you guys ready to go? alright, if you lovely ladies would follow me right this way..."

of course, walk ahead of them and open the door for them, make sure there is a little distance between you and her and her mom, then, hold the door open and let them decide who sits in the front, it will work out for the best.
woOw Stan... you've got some mackin skillz son...! lol
those are some good tips man thx..

Old 12-11-2007, 10:00 AM   #18
Novare330

Quote:
woOw Stan... you've got some mackin skillz son...! lol
those are some good tips man thx..
lol thanks, trust me, ive made enough mistakes by now that i know what works and what doesnt

good luck bro! let us kno how it goes

Quote:
Old 12-11-2007, 10:01 AM   #19
dave12345

My Ride: 2003 ///M3 6MT
99.9% chance ur personalitys been described to her mom to the T, so dont try to fake it or your done
Old 12-11-2007, 10:05 AM   #20
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Quote:
You can not be too polite. Just dont be fake. Watch the cussing. But Jazz or soft rock on the radio. Dont grab, kiss, etc too much.

Dont flirt with her mom.

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci
GlockMan is online now   Reply With Quote