E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2007, 10:06 AM   #21
Jelly335

My Ride: 2001 bmw 330I
Send a message via AIM to Jelly335
dont buy the flowers. thats like sucking up like u said. just be cool and be yourself. onetime i was eating at a resturant and i was this kid having dinner with his girl and his mother and he was so annyiong saying thank you everytime the waiter came and it was annyiong. just be your self and be cool

E46 330i retired
E92 335 current
<3 my one wheel wonder
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2269710/1
-Jeremy
Jelly335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:06 AM   #22
joedaddy

My Ride: OCTA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave12345 View Post
99.9% chance ur personalitys been described to her mom to the T, so dont try to fake it or your done
off-topic: i know what "to the T" means.. but can someone tell me where the saying came from?
Old 12-11-2007, 10:10 AM   #23
00_e46er

My Ride: is a bimmer... :)
will do a follow up for sure, thx guys for all the info...

00_e46er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:11 AM   #24
Jelly335

My Ride: 2001 bmw 330I
Send a message via AIM to Jelly335
i think she would just see your car and she will start to like u lol

E46 330i retired
E92 335 current
<3 my one wheel wonder
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2269710/1
-Jeremy
Jelly335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:15 AM   #25
coco savage

My Ride: 325i
if things arent going well with the gf....take a pass at the mom. Sometimes they like that

Random Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:18 AM   #26
00_e46er

Quote:
Originally Posted by JELBMW330I View Post
i think she would just see your car and she will start to like u lol
haha.... Bmers FTW....!!

Old 12-11-2007, 10:19 AM   #27
Novare330

My Ride: AA s/c AMBULAMPS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JELBMW330I View Post
dont buy the flowers. thats like sucking up like u said. just be cool and be yourself. onetime i was eating at a resturant and i was this kid having dinner with his girl and his mother and he was so annyiong saying thank you everytime the waiter came and it was annyiong. just be your self and be cool
no flowers are ok, its a harmless gesture, it shows the mom that you would go out of your way to do something nice for her and her daughter, it will lay a good foundation for you, nothing crazy that screams "im desperate to impress you", but just lets her know youre a sweet guy, all girls like getting flowers, but in this case its more so nice gesture than it is the meaning of the actual gift

i do agree with you about the "saying thanks to everything and being annoying" tho, even tho showing courtesy is important and having manners is a must, DO NOT be overweening about it lol that is just obnoxious and the mom will see it as you trying to hide something

if her mom is the picky type or is trying to test you (like alot of slightly over protective parents are), she will go into this date expecting to find things wrong with you, face it, no parent in their right mind, upon first meeting, will sing praises to themselves and write rave reviews about you, they want to see what your flaws are (if any) and based on that, make a decision on whether you are good for their daughter or not, for example, the most common responses you will hear:

"well, he seems nice..." - found a few flaws, but hes ok

or

"hes ok" - i have doubts about this one

you will never hear the parent list all your strong qualities to the daughter as if she was trying to sell you, in the court of parents, its almost always guilty until proven innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbworld View Post
Need some opinion. Stock Titanium Silver coupe without spoiler, using the 2 Fast 2 furious skyline vinyl scheme. What do you think, do it or not? plus, i think it would look better then what most car members have here.
Novare330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:22 AM   #28
shockin330i

My Ride: '13 AW F10 535i
Send a message via AIM to shockin330i
Random thought, do you have a bigger ride? Say an Suv or something? I doubt her mom would like to ride in the back of a coupe... Just a thought.
2013 535i AW F10 "Lola"

"Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and f*** the Prom Queen."-John Mason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nay330Ci View Post
:drool:
i'd cosign loans for that ho
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Thanks dude. I knew she was a keeper when she blew me during a game of cod. I didn't do too well that game
shockin330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:24 AM   #29
budman
-not a mod-

My Ride: is your mom
Send a message via AIM to budman Send a message via Yahoo to budman
ensure you get a cell phone pic with her
Old 12-11-2007, 10:24 AM   #30
bagher

My Ride: Marshmallow logic
Send a message via AIM to bagher Send a message via Skype™ to bagher
Try and make jokes, poke lighthearted fun if the opportunity arises, but don't be a jackass about it.
bagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:25 AM   #31
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Be respectful and funny and she'll love you. That's really all you have to do. People's parents love me and that's all I do.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:57 AM   #32
00_e46er

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockin330i View Post
Random thought, do you have a bigger ride? Say an Suv or something? I doubt her mom would like to ride in the back of a coupe... Just a thought.
nope unfortunatley not... i dont think she would appreciate sitting in the back of my 67 mustang haha.... i love that v8 beast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by budman View Post
ensure you get a cell phone pic with her
that would be pretty pimp... but how to pull that off smoothly is the question... lol

Old 12-11-2007, 11:10 AM   #33
StupidGermans!

My Ride: my ride
Roofies!
StupidGermans! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:45 AM   #34
bavari13

My Ride: ZHP & E90 335i
Be your usual self and make your gf sit in the back. Oh and get out and move the seat for her to get in and put it back down. Don't let the mom sit down and then have the seat lock in its original position.

And to truly win over the mom. Make fun of yourself and while doing this indirectly compliment your girlfriend. Just don't make yourself look like an idiot. It's not hard you'll be fine.
bavari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:53 AM   #35
hi its me alec

My Ride: BMWs + 1988 Pathy
Send a message via AIM to hi its me alec Send a message via MSN to hi its me alec
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavari13 View Post
And to truly win over the mom. Make fun of yourself and while doing this indirectly compliment your girlfriend. Just don't make yourself look like an idiot. It's not hard you'll be fine.
Bingo! That's what I do and I've NEVER had a mom not love me. Hell it even works on dads.. my gf's dad, who threatened me with a shotgun when he found out she was dating me, now likes me and trusts me 100% with his 3 kids and 2 dogs..

Just be yourself and don't be too stuck up and proper. Be polite, but not proper and/or formal as if you're trying to prove something.

hi its me alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 12:00 PM   #36
Lexie330ci
ILCUTAWOOTIE

My Ride: 330ci
Send a message via AIM to Lexie330ci
1) Be yourself
2) Speak intelligently
3) No cursing
4) DO not pick up the bill
5) Bring the bimmer

Need brakes? Bother Anthony Here!
Lexie330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 12:18 PM   #37
Black107

My Ride: 2002 M3
You're 20, you've been going out for 4 months, and you haven't met her parents already? Dunno seems kinda odd to me (assuming you all live close by)...

In any case, just be yourself. Watch your language, and look her in the eyes when you talk to her.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:25 PM   #38
46_coupe

My Ride: is lame
Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman9c View Post
Dont flirt with her mom.
HAHAHAAH Oh my god you'd think this would be easy to follow but even SLIGHT flirting is a major no-no.

I made this mistake inadvertently as a teen. I remember I was out at the local ice cream parlor with the girly and her mom. So this was the first time I met her so I was nervous beyond belief.

I remember I made a comment about how she reminded me of the mom from this detergent commercial, and how that woman was hot. Now at the time I wasn't implying SHE was hot I was just talking about the tv-mom. But obviously it was interpreted otherwise and a fury of nervous laughter filled the void as she thanked me for the 'compliment' .

As others said just be yourself and be respectful above all else. do NOT open up with the mother too much regardless of how comfy you feel! As someone mentioned mothers ALWAYS attempt to find out your flaws. So be on guard.

"As soon as you're born, you start dying, so you might as well have a good time" - Cake
46_coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 12:26 PM   #39
L-I-B

My Ride: makes my day
Dude don't sweat it, moms are all jazzed to be hangin out with their daughters young stud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
There are some true ballers on this forum. Ten dollars is nothing to them. They use ten dollars to wipe the mud from their 900 dollar Ferragamo dog-walking shoes.
L-I-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 12:35 PM   #40
Jabboure36

My Ride: 03 540i/6
Send a message via AIM to Jabboure36
show her ur not scared or nervous....show confidence yet still be polite...dont show her ur a badass....but if shes ignorant be polite up to a pooint....if shes too ignorant id be ignorant right back...but i doubt that will happen....and make jokes....always joke around.
Jabboure36 is offline   Reply With Quote