E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!

Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!
This forum contains "official" polls and surveys

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-16-2007, 12:27 AM   #101
M3kka
Banned

My Ride: Another Make Vehicle
Last car was black. Will never do black again. I've had red, black, currently on white, next car silver.
M3kka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 01:18 AM   #102
zikhkd

My Ride: AMG
Send a message via AIM to zikhkd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
Well i stated my opinion, and to me my opinion is the gods truth and nobody and can sway me.

I think BMW is better then Mercedes
I think the 3 series is better then the 5 and 7 series.
And I think 4 Door BMWs only look good in black. I mea some silver cars look Ok but it just doesent compare to black. Nothing looks as good as a black car, nothing gets more hype on first sight. Black Breaks necks. Oh I didnt mean that 2 door bimmers looked bad in black, I think 2 door bimmers can pull off other colors but for 4 door bimmers, especially the 3 and 5 series.......they need to be black.

As for the topic I own a black car, I wash it 2-3 times a week and i take pleasure in doing so.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:18 AM   #103
04yfz

My Ride: A car
Black is a pain in the ass, and my next car will probably be white or gray. Scratches showing easily FTL. I love it when its clean, but I simply don't have the time to wash it every few days to keep it looking that way.
04yfz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 03:53 AM   #104
Emanuel

My Ride: '00 Z3C/'07 Z4MC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanuel View Post
I've got TWO black BMWs, and from now on I think all of my cars will be black (see below). Yes, they're difficult to keep clean, but I think those few moments when they are clear are totally worth the effort Which isn't all that much really - 15-20 minutes and $2 in quarters at the local coin wash, once or twice a week. Once a month I wax whichever one I'm driving most. Once a year, I have each detailed, but I'd do that no matter what color my cars were.
I'm as good as my word - I bought my 3rd black/black BMW last Tuesday, a 2007 M Coupe (some great deals on them right now). The plan now is to get rid of the 2 in my sig and add a black 530i or a black 330C1 cab with ZHP for my topless fix.

Here's a quick picture of it on the trip home from North Carolina, where I bought it: . I'll take some nicer ones when the snow stops.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:34 PM   #105
anikzad

My Ride: E36 M3 Sedan, E46 M3
We have owned the following cars in either white or black.

1995 Mistu Eclipse GSX black - Ok paint job, easy to clean since it was a small car - I used the three step Mothers on it for 10 years and no problems.

1997 M3 Sedan Arctic White - excellent paint job also the primer was grey so you could hardly see chips. used P21S and Mag. Prof. series of wax cleaners on it - sold it last year and the paint was still awesome.

2004 Lexus LS 430 - Pearl White - the best paint job hands down (sans Lambo Yellow). Again easily cleaned and maintained.

2004 M3 Vert - Jet black - softest paint I have ever touched - scratches way too easy, swirl marks show up if you are not careful with the material you use to wash or dry the car with. Worse the primer is light grey and every paint chip screams (at least to me).

However, for those looking to purchase and maintain black cars, there is hope and method to the madness of detailing and maintaining it.

I use the following steps and seems to help.

0) Ask dealer not to wash or detail your car

1) swirl remover and fine polish from Menzerna or XMT. Do these once or at most twice a year when and if needed.

2) I personally use Klasse products on the bimmer, but any good All-in-One wax and/or sealant should do.

3) Final stage I use a good natural pure wax like the Pinnacle

the Zaino guys replace step two w/ Zaino swirl hider and their sealant.

Good Luck.
anikzad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:50 PM   #106
tim's330ci

My Ride: 330ci
black is a pain to maintain.. i wash my car then about 30min. i can dust on it already...but it looks so nice when it clean.but yeah getting black again i wont do...maybe AW or carbon black
tim's330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:48 AM   #107
sanvara

My Ride: Black E46
Black is by far the sexiest color for a BMW. No other color is even close. And when you tint the windows and it's clean it just looks hot. I only wash mine once a week. I use a dust brush (5 minutes each day) and it doesn't get very dirty at all.

Last edited by sanvara; 03-15-2008 at 04:51 AM.
sanvara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:51 AM   #108
Transporter99

My Ride: Audi A5 3.2/6MT
Yes, my next BMW will be black too.....or Alpine White

Seriously, some blacks on certain cars look bad. And the black on the Civic vs. A BMW...no comparison. I've had cosmos blue, red, metallic blues, whites, tans. 2 where other BMW's. I've waxed everyone and nothing matches the brilliance of my SchwarzII.

I may have to wax more...but Black, imo, looks way better than TiAg or virtually any other color. The contrasts of lines when light hits...pure S3X.

Plus...don't have to worry about blending paint to fix body panels, or adding bumpers, etc. It all matches, contrary to a Tiag or white. :-)

Old 03-19-2008, 12:16 AM   #109
Desertium

My Ride: 2000 328i
Send a message via AIM to Desertium Send a message via Yahoo to Desertium
Black shows every flaw and detail on the car. So it really depends how much you love a black car. Its a lot of work. My e36 is black and i had to clean it almost daily. But the e46 is red so its not bad. But like i said it really depends how much the owner loves a black car and how much he/she is willing to clean it.
Desertium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 03:17 PM   #110
19328i99

My Ride: 1999 328i
Never anything but black cars for me

I will not own a car in anything other than black, yeah its a pain to keep clean but it will look sexier than anything else parked next to it. I am looking for a e46 m3 right now but I keep having to pass because they are not black, even if everything else is perfect...guess I keep looking. In the end a black car is worth all of the extra effort to me, with the little time I have I make my baby shine
Old 04-19-2008, 04:02 AM   #111
CJW328i

My Ride: 2000 White 328i
I've owned two black vehicles so far. I say yes if the opportunity presented itself i would but it would have to be a clean looking black car
CJW328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:12 PM   #112
Levim9

My Ride: S54 325i
PITA to keep clean but I would get another black car.

Slicktop - S54 - 6MT - 3.62 LSD - Active Tuned - JVT Headers - TMS Tracksport Coils - Hotchkis M3 Swaybars
Levim9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 02:05 AM   #113
RioGrandeMs

My Ride: E46M3
4 red (E30, E24's, Jag),
1 white (2002's)
green (E32)
1 teal (E36)
1 Malaga (2002tii)
1 Inka (2002ti)
1 Mystic blau (E46)
1 Diamond Swartz (E28)
1 Swartz (M5)
1 Sea Foam (T-bird)

Just reshot the M5 in OEM Swartz - What else, it F'in gorgeous. Nothing more elegant (same color on the Pierce!)

Last edited by RioGrandeMs; 06-17-2008 at 02:09 AM. Reason: mistyped
RioGrandeMs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 03:57 PM   #114
zero85ZEN

My Ride: '01 325i ZSP 5sp
I'm learning how to properly maintain a black car now that I'm a month into owning my JB 325i. It's not my daily driver and it's garage kept so I'm not feeling the same pain as some. But it takes effort to keep clean. Also, for a perfectionist like me, every little scratch and chip can drive you insane.
But, black is just so perfect when clean that I'm learning to live with all the tiny imperfections. Since I plan on keeping mine for the long haul I'll probably find a really great body shop and get on a routine of taking it in every few years to fix all the little dings, dents, and paint chips. (Hummm, a CF hood with black primer [do they make black primer?] might solve the most glaring area of paint chip h3ll on a black bimmer. )

Also, with a black e46 you don't have to fret or deal with side molding painting, trunk lid painting to match body color, etc....

I just try and enjoy the time I invest in cleaning the car. It can be sort of a Zen like exercise.
zero85ZEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:07 PM   #115
howie

My Ride: CLK55 AMG, E90 335i
Send a message via AIM to howie Send a message via Yahoo to howie
both of my cars are black...and its a headache. Silver works!!!
howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 05:04 PM   #116
Kenny@JleviSW
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: JB E90 335
Send a message via AIM to Kenny@JleviSW
Black is a major pain to keep clean. Seriously I washed my car one day and the next day there was dust all over it because of the wind. Would I buy it again? YES because no color looks as good as black when it's clean.
Kenny@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 05:11 PM   #117
Sneaky

My Ride: Fixie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny@JleviSW View Post
Black is a major pain to keep clean. Seriously I washed my car one day and the next day there was dust all over it because of the wind. Would I buy it again? YES because no color looks as good as black when it's clean.

4 Door Bmws Need to be black

BTW post some pics in the Black Sedan thread.....see sig.

Sig by So Lowww
Pictures I take
OVOxo till we overdose
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:38 PM   #118
ShiftyGerman

My Ride: '02 330Ci 5spd
Probably not, totally bitch to keep clean but it looks so good when it is clean . I'm lazy and only wash it every couple weeks. In the winter, it's always raining and in summer I'm always driving from Sacramento to Tahoe so I never have a clean car for more than a week. Right now I have ridiculous bug carnage all over the front from driving to Tahoe and back twice in the last week and I'll probably head up there again this weekend so she's gonna be a super dirty girl when I get back.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:59 PM   #119
weisiong123

My Ride: 323ci
Black rules all colors...it really is a winner over other colors for me! yes I would buy black for my next car.

weisiong123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 04:50 PM   #120
jose325i

My Ride: 08 BMW 135i
I just finished washing my sapphire black an hour ago and it already has a layer of pollen from the tree...and to finish it all off, some bird took a crap on its roof... ugh im so pissed

but i would buy another one again though...lol