E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-15-2003, 09:23 PM   #1
BGReddy00
09 X5

My Ride: 2009 X5
JL Prices and Places to Buy

Whats an average cost for the following and wheres the best place to buy online or in md/dc/va area? I'm gonna buy 1 12" or 2 10" which is better?

10" W3 JL ??

12" W7 JL ??

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-19-2003, 06:20 PM   #2
BGReddy00
09 X5

bump
Old 04-20-2003, 01:37 AM   #3
Nutz330ci

My Ride: 2002 m3
Send a message via AIM to Nutz330ci
I have a 12w3 in my car powered by a jl 500/1. It sounds great, hits really well. I would recommend going to Suburban Radio in southern NJ, they r really good. Done all my work in this car and in my m3 and in my friends ferraris and benzes. They do amazing stuff.

As for in MD, there is a really good place in Annapolis called Cinema on West Street. They do some very good work. I also had some stuff done by a place in Laurel MD and they did a good job, PM me for the name cause I gotta dig around for it hehe
Old 04-20-2003, 11:56 AM   #4
akacarl

My Ride: 2000 323ciC
Re: JL Prices and Places to Buy

Quote:
Originally posted by BGReddy00
Whats an average cost for the following and wheres the best place to buy online or in md/dc/va area? I'm gonna buy 1 12" or 2 10" which is better?

10" W3 JL ??

12" W7 JL ??
I've been doing Google and Alta Vista searches for the brand names and in some cases also adding the model number. The search usually turns up a list of quite a few on-line vendors whose prices I can compare. Some of the vendor sites also have their own search engines so I can see all models from a particular manufacturer. Using the search engines I've found all the stuff I need and have knocked down the overall prices almost US$750 from where I first started.

Good luck!!
akacarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 10:52 PM   #5
CynicalWry
Doesn't like PMs...Email me

My Ride: 00 323i-05 cbr600rr
Send a message via AIM to CynicalWry
Re: Re: JL Prices and Places to Buy

Quote:
Originally posted by akacarl

I've been doing Google and Alta Vista searches for the brand names and in some cases also adding the model number. The search usually turns up a list of quite a few on-line vendors whose prices I can compare. Some of the vendor sites also have their own search engines so I can see all models from a particular manufacturer. Using the search engines I've found all the stuff I need and have knocked down the overall prices almost US$750 from where I first started.

Good luck!!
have you done this w/ JL equipment? Want to let us hear your results?

Authorized Umnitza.com installer
301-825-5871
http://www.robinsNestChildCare.com - - - - - http://www.tntTint.net

CynicalWry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 01:25 AM   #6
BGReddy00
09 X5

cinema is realll expeensive but yeah they do good work, I had my old custom box made there im actually from annapolis area...i guess ill keep searching online i have found a lot of sites, but some of its wierd like refurbished with the warrenty Im not too keen on that idea...but thanks for the help im just trying to figure out an average cost maybe people have paid
Old 04-21-2003, 08:32 AM   #7
akacarl

My Ride: 2000 323ciC
Re: Re: Re: JL Prices and Places to Buy

Quote:
Originally posted by CynicalWry

have you done this w/ JL equipment? Want to let us hear your results?
Yes, I've done this search for JL Audio equipment. Just go to Alta Vista advanced search and enter the following search with string: "JL Audio". The search will return dozens of hits, among them:

Onlinecarstereo.com
Wooferetc.com
Wholesalesounds.com
Purecaraudio.com

and a lot more, too numerous to mention here. It will also turn up a link to JL Audio on ebay.

As a small example, I'm looking to get a JL Audio 10 W0 subwoofer. Here are some of the prices I found:

Onlinecarstereo -- US$99.00
Woofersetc -- US$95.99
Wholesalesounds -- US$145 (Powerwedge version)
Purecaraudio -- US$87.99
ebay -- US$60 (buy it right now)
Suggested retail -- US$109.00

Keep in mind that all the vendors will charge a shipping fee of some kind, not to mention tax, if applicable. So if I buy it from ebay and pay the seller's $20 shipping fee, the total comes to US$80, a savings of at least $30 when compared with the retail price I'd have to pay at my local car audio place. Similar savings can be found on other JL Audio products.

It just doesn't make sense to buy anything at retail prices when the Internet offers so many ways to save.

Hope this helps!!
akacarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 09:13 AM   #8
drgalleg

My Ride: '02 325Ci
Send a message via AIM to drgalleg Send a message via Yahoo to drgalleg
Re: Re: Re: Re: JL Prices and Places to Buy

Quote:
Originally posted by akacarl
It just doesn't make sense to buy anything at retail prices when the Internet offers so many ways to save.

Hope this helps!!
Except that JL Audio doesn't officially have any online resellers - which means that every JL item you buy for cheap online is pretty much warranty-less from the manufacturer.

Just a reminder...
drgalleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 02:26 PM   #9
fasteddie
INDEED

My Ride: 2OO2 OrientBlue 325i
also, when checking prices online, check www.froogle.com and shopping.yahoo.com

Old 04-21-2003, 03:39 PM   #10
smoke

My Ride: 2002, 325Ci
good choice, jl audio is very reliable.
Old 04-21-2003, 09:20 PM   #11
CynicalWry
Doesn't like PMs...Email me

My Ride: 00 323i-05 cbr600rr
Send a message via AIM to CynicalWry
is this good?
http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?...01&showspecs=1

Authorized Umnitza.com installer
301-825-5871
http://www.robinsNestChildCare.com - - - - - http://www.tntTint.net

CynicalWry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 12:03 AM   #12
whjeffs

My Ride: 04 Silver Gray 330Ci
Found this place through some ebay listings. They carry JL Audio.

http://www.tlelectronics.com/catalog/default.php

Anyone ever heard of them or dealt with them? Best deal I've seen for shipping. All orders have a flat rate shipping charge of $6.99. That is a huge savings when you are ordering a W7 sub! I emailed them and confirmed this shipping charge was correct.

Jeff
04 Silver Gray 330Ci
Alpine ics-x7HD
a/d/s 346is
JL Audio 300/2
JL Audio 500/1
(2) Image Dynamics ID8V.3-D4
whjeffs is offline   Reply With Quote