E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-22-2003, 06:06 PM   #21
Delirium
yo mama

My Ride: -
i have mine in 1.3 ft3 sealed. Its amazing...
Delirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 09:04 PM   #22
02White330Ci

My Ride: 04 A/W ZHP
can any of u guys post pics of these boxes with the IDMAX speaker, thanks
02White330Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 09:58 PM   #23
bmwmkc323i

My Ride: 1999 BMW 323i sedan
hey everyone,

I just got back from this shop in santa clara and the installer can make me a custom box to fit in the corner of my trunk similar to the pics at the beginning of this link. I've got a Rockford Fosgate G100A amp which is used just for bass only. He recommended me to get a Kenwood X1005DB subwoofer with my box because he said this subwoofer used with my fosgate 100 amp will be the loudest combination to get. I want to get a JL Audio or Kicker Subwoofer, but he said I won't get the loudest output with what I have.

Total price including installation, Kenwood Subwoofer, and custom made bos is $357 out the door including tax.

Does anyone think this is a good price for this type of setup? and is this a good subwoofer to use with my Rockford G100A amp?
Clear Lenses
18" CSL replicas
OEM M3 Lip spoiler
Jlevi - Predator Chromium DDE
Yes, my car is photoshopped!!
bmwmkc323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 10:02 PM   #24
Delirium
yo mama

I dunno about that sub good or bad, but you get what you pay for. I would go with a IDQ or ID v3. something that requres small cu. ft. but sounds good. That seems like a good price to me, but do you know how good the box will turn out?
Old 04-23-2003, 10:08 PM   #25
bmwmkc323i

My Ride: 1999 BMW 323i sedan
Thanks for the reply.

I asked the guy at the shop about the ID subwoofers, but he stated that since the box which they are going to make for me is so small, that having a ID sub wouldnt' push the bass hard enough as the Kenwood sub would do. He said I can get any subwoofer that I choose but I'd be better off getting this new Kenwood sub that will give me good bass.

They are going to make me a custom box exactly as the 1st pic on this link.
Clear Lenses
18" CSL replicas
OEM M3 Lip spoiler
Jlevi - Predator Chromium DDE
Yes, my car is photoshopped!!
bmwmkc323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 10:18 PM   #26
Delirium
yo mama

Quote:
Originally posted by bmwmkc323i
Thanks for the reply.

I asked the guy at the shop about the ID subwoofers, but he stated that since the box which they are going to make for me is so small, that having a ID sub wouldnt' push the bass hard enough as the Kenwood sub would do. He said I can get any subwoofer that I choose but I'd be better off getting this new Kenwood sub that will give me good bass.

They are going to make me a custom box exactly as the 1st pic on this link.
I dunno, cuz a 10" IDQ only needs .25 ft3. of space and a 12" IDQ only needs .65 ft3.

These subs are designed for SQ, but so is my IDMAX..

But you might need more power if you only have 100 watts.
IMO, go with the ID. There could be 100 reasons why the sales guy wants you to go with the kenwood, but after hearing my IDMAX, I have faith in ID. I have owned JL, orion, eclipse, none as nice as the IDMAX...
Old 04-23-2003, 10:25 PM   #27
Delirium
yo mama

or go with the ID v.3 also small space needed.. ask Srcstc how his sounds...
Old 04-23-2003, 10:33 PM   #28
glass330

My Ride: 323ci to 01 330i
KA BOOM!!!

12' Diamond Audio TDK
1200 watt RMS Diamond Audio D5
6.5 Diamond Audio Hex
Eclipse 4 Channel amp - bridged all to the front

BTW - yeah its louder than @#^%&@#(*%&@#!!!!!!!!!!
glass330 is offline   Reply With Quote