E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2002, 01:14 AM   #1
drewcon
Bavarian Motor Slave

My Ride: 330ci
Not that its surprising but...2002 A4 1.8t Kill.

I know, I'm a 330 he's a 1.8, but it still felt good. I had him the whole time, so much so that by the end of 3rd I stopped ( i was two lengths ahead) but he didn't figure it out and kept going. Then at the next light I could smell how much clutch he burned launching away from me (the second time); I just wanted to see what engine he had
drewcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-10-2002, 01:21 AM   #2
p0tpie

My Ride: '06 M3
hehe good job. Was it fast? could an auto beat it
Old 06-10-2002, 01:24 AM   #3
sycE46

My Ride: 323ci
Stock 1.8t are much slower then 330s. Now if he had a chip, exhaust, 3" downpipe, K0-4 turbo....

Auto 330s shouldn't have a problem against stock 1.8t and v6 A4s. A4s are about 300lbs heavier then 330s. That's a lot of extra weight to lug around.

Last edited by sycE46; 06-10-2002 at 01:27 AM.
sycE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 01:37 AM   #4
drewcon
Bavarian Motor Slave

My Ride: 330ci
Yeah it was pathectic, I dusted him.

I'm stick too but it didn't help....Yeha I wish he had all those mods so i could have sometihng to brag about. Oh well, better than nothing.
drewcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 04:57 AM   #5
Joe_

My Ride: 2002 330ci Msport
I was at a stop light and this kid on a Schwinn was beside me, well the light turned green I reved it up to 4000 grand, droped in in gear and was thru that intersection before he could get his foot on the pedals. Oh ya, I'm bad
Old 06-10-2002, 06:01 AM   #6
Tominizer

My Ride: none
WHat-ever. My wife owns a 2000 A4 and she'll smoke me in the bad weather................. just like you'll get smoked too in your wonderful 33o. Don't knock the Audi's............... nice cars and different application in my mind. If Audi 3.0 vs 3 series IX........ then level playing ground
Tominizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 09:04 AM   #7
DropTopBM
Banned

Location: Im from where the hammers rung, news cameras never come, throw the work in the can and scream "runnn"
My Ride: Hamann 3
Send a message via AIM to DropTopBM
The only Audi I would ever consider buying is the S4... And I dont event think i would buy it, its just too plain looking, but fast as hell
DropTopBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 09:40 AM   #8
Staszek
Are we there yet??

My Ride: Now a daily drive
Send a message via AIM to Staszek
1.8T isnt that bad a car, a 330 should kill it stock for stock, but those things are really cheap to make fast with just a chip. I used to have a Jetta VR6 and it would destroy the 1.8T time after time. Then my friend got a chip and thing pulled 2 1/2 car lengths on me. Granted a VR6 is not a 330, but the A4's are nice cars. (not the best looking though)

Euro Delivery Date 8/14: 2013 E93
///M3 -6MT
Staszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 11:53 AM   #9
mcabr
Just Marinatin'

My Ride: Chikatetsu
I know I only have a 323

But I raced a 1.8 before and that thing was tearing me up. It wasn't from a standstill but we had both gone through the light and then he decided he wanted to haul ass so I dropped into second and took off but he just burned me. I he had exhaust and some obvious engine work done by the sound but it sure pissed me off because I felt that I would have had a more fair shot from a stand still.