E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2008, 10:07 AM   #1
ewerc

My Ride: 2002 e46 325ci
P46 help!

So last night I installed my p46's and tested my angel eyes with the short trigger wire and they fired right up, then when I ran the long trigger wire into the ecu and tapped the red wire w/ white stripe and yellow tracers (2002) my angel eyes would not fire up but they do when the shorter trigger wire is connected to a power source. Should I just lengthen the short trigger wire and make it long enough and run that into the ECU or what? I am tapping into the right wire for the "accessory wire method" ? Because when I test that wire there is power to it when the key is in position 2. Any thoughts?
ewerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:57 AM   #2
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Have you checked to make sure the fuse is not broken or is fully inserted? The short trigger wire is not tied to the fuse so it can work even with the fuse broken.
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:27 AM   #3
ewerc

Yeah, I doubled check the inline fuse and it looked good. I can try replacing it with a new 10amp fuse but I think I will try to take that wire and run it over to the battery terminal and see if it powers them on if so then I wonder why my ecu accessory wire is not powering them up and if they dont power up then the problem should lie with the fuse or the inline fuse wire/connection.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:25 PM   #4
sillieidiot

My Ride: '06 AW 330ci
Send a message via AIM to sillieidiot
did you make sure the longer ecu tap is getting a good connection?

Have a lighting problem? Read this first:
Lighting-related Troubleshooting Guide
sillieidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 06:21 PM   #5
ewerc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
did you make sure the longer ecu tap is getting a good connection?
I ended up re-tapping the connection three times, and then thought that the larger accessory wire was too large to tap a 22 guage wire and still get a good connection so I cut the plastic back on both wires and tapped it again and still nothing.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:37 PM   #6
sillieidiot

check where the accessory wire goes to the relay, it may be a bad connection there. if not, the relay itself may be bad.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:05 AM   #7
ewerc

Got em working finally. I was thinking that the cheap taps that were provided werent able to get a clean connection on a 14-16 guage ecu wire and a 20-22 guage trigger wire so I found a pair of t-taps and now we have clean connections all the way around.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:58 AM   #8
sillieidiot

cool, glad you got it fixed. aren't they supposed to be provided with t-taps in the first place?