E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2002, 07:32 PM   #1
pfloyd57
Dale Earnhardt's Double

My Ride: 2001 330 Cic
I don't believe this! I hit a bouncing piece of road debris and broke one of my new..

Clear corners! I was actually on my way to the dealer to pick up my new rear clears (which had to be re-ordered after the wrong ones were delivered last week. I was doing 75 on a 3 lane interstate with cars on both sides and one right on my tail. There was nothing I could do but hit it. I saw this object bounce 3 times before I hit it. I thought I might have broken the headlight lens but I knew somthing was damaged.

You can drive a piece of Sh1t for 10 years and nothing will happen but get a nice new car and stuff falls from the sky and hits it.

Oh well,

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-16-2002, 07:33 PM   #2
Harvinator
Oaf

My Ride: 330 ci
Send a message via AIM to Harvinator
Sucks. On the bright side, it could've hit the hood and you'd be out $600 instead of $50 for a new corner. :smile:
Harvinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 07:36 PM   #3
Keeferno
Mod Junkie

My Ride: 2002 325xi
That is crappy, were they OEM or aftermarket?
Keeferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 07:40 PM   #4
Ausfahrt
Groccery Getter

My Ride: Touring/550
Send a message via AIM to Ausfahrt
Buy plastic covering from xpel and you wont have to worry about buying a new one.

www.xpel.com and look for light protection. I have them on my headlight's and clear corners and they are a life saver.
Ausfahrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 08:39 PM   #5
bender
hammer talks like this

My Ride: 2006 Honda insight
Send a message via AIM to bender
I remember when the 2002 models were first coming out and I was looking around the the boards, while my car was on order, and people were posting that their lights popped out...I remember someone with a topaz e46 posted a funny looking pic...hope everything works out good for you...
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 01:35 AM   #6
Fisch330ciTopasBlau
Yes...I do think I hate you

My Ride: A car.
Re: I don't believe this! I hit a bouncing piece of road debris and broke one of my new..

Quote:
Originally posted by pfloyd57

You can drive a piece of Sh1t for 10 years and nothing will happen but get a nice new car and stuff falls from the sky and hits it.

Oh well,

Maybe we can blame XM radio for these inciDents :tongue:

-8/21/2007 RIP Grandma
-pessimum genus inimicorum laudantes: flatterers are the worst type of enemies
Fisch330ciTopasBlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 01:40 AM   #7
Imola Ed
That's a lot of nuts!

My Ride: Formerly:2002 ACS M3
Send a message via AIM to Imola Ed
Sorry to hear it.

I remember when I got my e36 M3 a few years back. I had just gotten it and we needed to take some stuff to storage. I backed it up to the curb and we put some stuff on one of the carts. Well, I had to let go of the cart for a second and it rolled right into my rear light and cracked it.

I only had the car about a week! Man did that ever suck.

I feel your pain!
Old 04-17-2002, 08:20 AM   #8
vinnymac
St. Louis BMW Fanatic

My Ride: 2011 335is
Send a message via AIM to vinnymac
Really sorry to hear bro...

I've been having a string of bad luck with my car recently. Tons of new door dings and something flew off a trailer the other week and hit my front bumper...left a gash.
vinnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 08:28 AM   #9
ism409
>:P

My Ride: 2000 328i
Send a message via AIM to ism409 Send a message via Yahoo to ism409
sucks.. sorry to hear that A year ago I had to replace my widshield. When I did it got smashed again the next week on the highway!
Old 04-17-2002, 08:41 AM   #10
jamac2001
Modless!

My Ride: 2000 323i
Sorry to hear! :sad: Was it I-35? Usually it is pretty clean. It is the MO highways you have to worry about. I'm originally from MO but the KS highways are much better!
jamac2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 08:54 AM   #11
pfloyd57
Dale Earnhardt's Double

Yeah, I was on I-35 around 87th street heading to Baron BMW....

I was returning from Wichita, the wind was blowing like 45 mph the whole trip. I was dodging stuff for 200 miles.

These were OEMs and they fit perfect. You guys are right, I am lucky it didn't hit the hood or WORSE, bounce into the cockpit,(I had the top down). This is the one thing that scares me about driving a cabrio and that's stuff flying in and conking me on the head.

On the brighter side, I saw a really fine looking young lady driving a blue E36 M3 cabrio on Monday down I-35. We looked pretty cool driving side by side with our tops down. (She had her roof down, not her top)

Last edited by pfloyd57; 04-17-2002 at 09:15 AM.
pfloyd57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 11:55 AM   #12
Dave

My Ride: 323,330,M3,M3,M3
I Think that as far as getting hit in the head, you should have nothing to worry about. With the motion of the air and all and the speed you're travelling at. But I never took physics so I am not sure. I'd worry more about something whacking the rear seats and tearin g the leathe rthan I would about getting hit in the head.
Old 04-17-2002, 12:04 PM   #13
pfloyd57
Dale Earnhardt's Double

Cool It would have pretty high odds against it, everything would have to be just right,...

but I do believe it could happen with a rock or bolt. Just have to keep my eyes open and fingers crossed.