E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-21-2008, 10:36 PM   #1
nadeemp8

My Ride: 05 325i
Can I get HIDs?

Ok, so picked up my 05' 330ci and assumed it came with xenons since i saw it had projectors, but was disappointed to find they are regular headlights. Can I replace these with xenons and if so do I need anything special since the car already has projectors? Also how will the quality and cutoff be like? Attached is a pic of the front of the car for reference, any help is appreciated!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7437_4.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	260523  
nadeemp8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:44 PM   #2
SL Blak Soldier

My Ride: 2001 3 Pedal M54b30
Send a message via AIM to SL Blak Soldier
whoa i totally woulda thought those are xenons also. damn that sucks..
Old 02-22-2008, 12:20 AM   #3
Sam 330ci

My Ride: 03 530i
Send a message via AIM to Sam 330ci
yeah. you just need a kit that will plug and play. jlevi has them.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:53 AM   #4
iceberq

My Ride: 02 LSB M3
Yes, my car also came with projectors but halogen bulbs. It seems to be that 2004 and later facelift coupes came with projectors even if you had halogen bulbs.

I retrofitted the Piccolo HID kit from jlevisw.com and had to flash my car's LCM at a dealership for $100 (setting: retrofit bi-xenon) to get it working properly. Without the flash, an error light would go off on the dash and the lights would shut off after starting the engine.

I can't seem to find the Piccolo or Prolumen HID kits for sale on Jlevisw.com anymore. Does anyone know why?
Old 02-22-2008, 02:56 AM   #5
sillieidiot

My Ride: '06 AW 330ci
Send a message via AIM to sillieidiot
should still be for sale. just contact them. i have the warning cancellers, if you didn't want to spend so much for the lcm reflash. i would still recommend getting a reflash though.

Have a lighting problem? Read this first:
Lighting-related Troubleshooting Guide
sillieidiot is offline   Reply With Quote