E46 Fanatics Forum banner

US turn lights conversion

992 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  sillieidiot 
#1 ·
Hy,

I've got a 2002 330XD in Eur spec. But, i'd like to convert my car in US spec for the Turn lights.

Do you know what kind of electrical modifications i have to do ?

#3 ·
no i think he means that he'd like his running lights on when the headlights are on (like our cars come stock) ... in europe those ugly amber corners aern't on in conjunction with the headlights but only when signaling and to answer your question yes ... by an USA Spec LCM from your local bmw dealer or one offline, will run roughly between $200-$500 USD. hope this helps!

regards,
tyler

#4 ·
i see. yea that's the best way to do it. if i'd try to do it, i'll probably run a positive wire (16 guage to be safe) connecting from the parking lights in the back and running it all the way to the front on both sides, then use an 1157 socket/bulb, that way you'd have 3 wires for the turn signal, the parking @ 6v (to keep it lit up all the time when the headlights are on) and the turn signal 12v and ground wires. it's cheaper than getting an lcm, but very time consuming.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.