E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2008, 03:12 AM   #1
ONEinc_StephenK

My Ride: Nothing but BMW
It's so hard these days

Before I even thought about writing in here, I tried to talk to some of my closest friends but there all busy and honestly it's just hard to talk to anyone on that real sense of level. I don't have a girlfriend and honestly I isolated myself so much that I just don't have anyone to confide in anymore. My life these days just seems to be getting harder and harder. Bad news piling over some more bad news. I'm only 22 and all those years of not giving a fvck about myself finally caught up.

These days it doesn't feel like I live for myself anymore. Man I'm such a wreck that I can't even explain fully how I feel.

i dont know what was the point of making this, i really don't. anyone else out there just lost ?
ONEinc_StephenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 03:16 AM   #2
areddy

My Ride: 2003 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEinc_StephenK View Post
Before I even thought about writing in here, I tried to talk to some of my closest friends but there all busy and honestly it's just hard to talk to anyone on that real sense of level. I don't have a girlfriend and honestly I isolated myself so much that I just don't have anyone to confide in anymore. My life these days just seems to be getting harder and harder. Bad news piling over some more bad news. I'm only 22 and all those years of not giving a fvck about myself finally caught up.

These days it doesn't feel like I live for myself anymore. Man I'm such a wreck that I can't even explain fully how I feel.

i dont know what was the point of making this, i really don't. anyone else out there just lost ?
I can relate. I'm 23 and feel like I didn't spend college and the rest of my teenage years doing a lot of the exciting things most people my age do. Coupled with a pretty big surgery my social life took a turn for the worse. I've been in relationships but nothing serious so far, and I'm not in one currently. I sometimes worry about the future outcome of that because they're now few and far between. I am pretty happy nonetheless because my career is going well and have a lot of family support, so I can concentrate on fixing one aspect of my life rather than several.

How is your career and what are your hobbies?

Mods: windshield wiper fluid cooler, lambo (nav) door, remote alarm......clock, ///M coin holder, 'danger to manifold' led warning light etc...
areddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 03:23 AM   #3
Allure
Banned

My Ride: Is Slower Than Yours
I feel the same way
Allure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 03:23 AM   #4
ONEinc_StephenK

I was a heavy drug user in my teen years, my only hobbies were getting high.

I'm just a wreck right now. And no, I don't use drugs anymore and I"ve been clean for a few years now.

I never made the right decisions, I always dug my hole deeper then it should've been.

It's just all catching up to me I guess
Old 03-30-2008, 03:27 AM   #5
areddy

My Ride: 2003 330Ci
You will get through this. The fact that you are off drugs is something to be very proud of just by itself.

Mods: windshield wiper fluid cooler, lambo (nav) door, remote alarm......clock, ///M coin holder, 'danger to manifold' led warning light etc...
areddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 03:31 AM   #6
ONEinc_StephenK

It's just like man ... if I even died tonight, what do I have to show for my time here ? when I start thinking about these things, man do I just crash
Old 03-30-2008, 03:53 AM   #7
nikkeiS2K

My Ride: N/A
Send a message via ICQ to nikkeiS2K Send a message via AIM to nikkeiS2K Send a message via MSN to nikkeiS2K Send a message via Yahoo to nikkeiS2K
Don't you have any family or co-workers that you can talk your problems out with? Anyways, I don't know exactly is going on in your life, but whenever I am in a rut I try to keep myself busy to keep my mind off of whatever is bothering me. I am working more hours at my part-time job right now because my school life has gone to shiz (only because I made it so). At least by working I get to stay out of the apartment, joke around with the customers (I am a waiter) and make some $$$$ (since I am a poor college student). Every once in awhile there are some cute girls that come in to the restaurant so I try to take advantage of the situation and hopefully find myself a new gf.
nikkeiS2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 04:03 AM   #8
zikhkd

My Ride: AMG
Send a message via AIM to zikhkd
I've been thinking the same, but thats life and keep in mind that everything happens for a reason
Old 03-30-2008, 04:23 AM   #9
DA5785

My Ride: 97 Mazda MX-5
yea seriously bro, like knowing that you used to be big in drugs and now you're clean, that shows a lot. I give you a lot of respect for realizing how you were effin up your life before the drugs just took over.. i have a few friends that hit rock bottom and had to go through rehab and they were at some times i would never wanna see in my life.

try and pick up a new hobbie or start doing something even small to contribute to the community or even for yourself. I do a lot of community service and am involved in starting up a non-profit organization linking small groups at churches to homeless shelters, so the small groups can go out and help the community and not have to worry bout scheduling it and dealing with transportation, we do that all for them so they can show up, serve and dip out.

see if there's a shelter you can help out like serving dinner once every two weeks or something. it really helps you appreciate what you have when you see what they don't. anyways bro, you'll be in my prayers tonight, it's good you opened up to us. like someone send above me and not trying to sound cliche' but everything happens for a reason.

like joe dirt once said, Gotta keep on keepin' on.

Life's a garden DIG IT haha i love that movie
DA5785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 04:30 AM   #10
Fisch330ciTopasBlau
Yes...I do think I hate you

My Ride: A car.
So...is 22 the new mid-life crisis age? lol

-8/21/2007 RIP Grandma
-pessimum genus inimicorum laudantes: flatterers are the worst type of enemies
Fisch330ciTopasBlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 05:03 AM   #11
cleankutazn

My Ride: Is at the bus stop
^yea next up.....11
Old 03-30-2008, 05:18 AM   #12
FunPoliceSam

My Ride: 2001 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisch330ciTopasBlau View Post
So...is 22 the new mid-life crisis age? lol
omg it so feels like it does... i definately had more anxiety this year than most of my years combined.
Have any of you heard of "sloming"? Supposedly, high school students are sticking leeches to themselves in exchange for some kind of high. Since when did this become the new thing? What happened to just kicking back with a group of your close friends and smoking a joint?
FunPoliceSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 05:29 AM   #13
tattooed_sailor
No Such User

My Ride: E34 535i
been there dude. Sh1t I'm there right now.

I've screwed my life up grandly, and it suck s.

If it was not for places like this I'd be totally lost
tattooed_sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 08:27 AM   #14
BMWintoxication
Taiwan/Vancouver/Shanghai

My Ride: Jet Black02' 325ci
Send a message via AIM to BMWintoxication Send a message via MSN to BMWintoxication
man.. u guys have too much time thinking about life. DO something about it.. not just day dream this and that.

Orz
BMWintoxication is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 08:46 AM   #15
trip3's

My Ride: E92 M3
There's been a couple of good suggestions mentioned

Helping out at a homeless shelter will get you thinking about someone besides yourself, and you will feel better about yourself. Exercise has also been shown to have similar effects to antidepressants. Realizing there's a problem is the first step to changing it, and talking about it is important. I don't know if you kicked drugs by yourself but you might want to look into a 12 step program. I had a friend who quit drinking for 6 years and he was still miserable and he went to AA and turned his life around.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:36 AM   #16
budman
-not a mod-

My Ride: is your mom
Send a message via AIM to budman Send a message via Yahoo to budman
Old 03-30-2008, 10:40 AM   #17
CShell

My Ride: Cait
Send a message via AIM to CShell
CShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:44 AM   #18
tattooed_sailor
No Such User

My Ride: E34 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by budman View Post
Its not a joke, I just had a ****ing intervention staged by my buddies here last week, they went and poured out my booze and talked some sense into me.

It helped a little bit to talk. I guess thats the hardest part about going through a rough patch.. not having someone there to talk to when you come home makes all the stuff that that you are dealing with ten times worse.
tattooed_sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:45 AM   #19
M3LTDOWN

My Ride: Range Rover on 22's
Send a message via AIM to M3LTDOWN Send a message via MSN to M3LTDOWN
I'm 22 and I know how you feel. Just remember to count your blessings. There are so many other people our age that do not have a fraction of the good things you or I have.

It will pass. You WILL make new friends, meet new girls and your life will go on.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:30 AM   #20
nnnick

My Ride: 2006 Audi A4
You should really see a psychologist or psychiatrist. Maybe its a chemical imbalance, or a bad pattern of thinking, or whatever, but it sounds like you may be suffering with depression. Seeing someone and talking to someone can help; while its success rate is far from perfect, its certainly worth trying if you can.

If you are in school, many campuses have psych counseling services, if not, check with your health care provider or look for free clinics. Either way, the best way to get out of your tough times is to do something about it - make a change, talk to someone about, get help, and be patient. My sister has been going through this and its really, really hard....it won't be fixed overnight.

btw, is one inc referring to the ONE campaign?

-Nick