E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-30-2008, 02:48 PM   #1
kickboxer85
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 4
My Ride: 325ci 2001
Eagle EYE LED Tails. THANKS TO JleviSW!

Just installed my LED tails from JleviSw.com
They look very good! Im very satisfied.

Here are a picture:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2759.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	269328  
kickboxer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:14 PM   #2
weisiong123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,486
My Ride: 323ci
Nice....makes ur car look much better
__________________

weisiong123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:56 PM   #3
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW
 
Edison@JleviSW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Santa Clara
Posts: 28,332
My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Lookin good, enjoy
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:28 PM   #4
NY330xi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 48
My Ride: xi & z3 for weekend
looks great! I need a pair too
NY330xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:38 PM   #5
jorg323
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NOVA/Washington D.C.
Posts: 881
My Ride: 1999 323i
Did you have to run resistors through them, such as I've been hearing of a lot on here? If so, how exactly does it work, and how hard is it to do?
__________________


18" Black ASA AR1 Rims | Yokohama Advan S4 Tires | Bilstein Sport Shocks | Eibach Pro-Kit Springs | Brembo Slotted Rotors | 6000k Xenons | 6000k P. Chrom. Angel Eyes | Eagle Eye LED Tail Lights | K&N FIPK CAI | M-Tech II Front Bumper | 35% Tint | Clear Corners | Matte Black Grille
jorg323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:08 PM   #6
steve rigoli
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: centerville maryland
Posts: 18
My Ride: 2000 3281
I need the update look also, but dont want the bulb out light on all the time. what more is needed other than the lens units ?
steve rigoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:05 PM   #7
M0nk3y
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 2,065
My Ride: 2002 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorg323 View Post
Did you have to run resistors through them, such as I've been hearing of a lot on here? If so, how exactly does it work, and how hard is it to do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve rigoli View Post
I need the update look also, but dont want the bulb out light on all the time. what more is needed other than the lens units ?
Eagle Eyes already have resistors built in it. No bulb-out warning..........
M0nk3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:47 PM   #8
Sicily1918
There I was, Sicily, 1918..
 
Sicily1918's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,641
My Ride: 1995 E36/2003 E46
Only classy guys have Steel Gray cars w/LEDs and M6 reps...



Sicily1918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:02 PM   #9
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW
 
Edison@JleviSW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Santa Clara
Posts: 28,332
My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
Eagle Eyes already have resistors built in it. No bulb-out warning..........
Bingo, just a plug and play install. Here is my guide to give you an idea:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...&highlight=LED
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:34 PM   #10
03SGZHP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oz
Posts: 21
My Ride: 4runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
Bingo, just a plug and play install. Here is my guide to give you an idea:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...&highlight=LED
Any idea why I'm getting the blown bulb indicator with my Eagle Eyes? When I start my car they come on and after I use the left and right turn signal they go away; then as soon as I restart the car they fault again. I don't how I could have them connected wrong, and I checked earlier today to make sure they were tight and in their correct place. I love the look and plan on keeping them but would really like to know how to go about and fix this problem. Re-flash? Any thoughts?
03SGZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:53 PM   #11
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW
 
Edison@JleviSW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Santa Clara
Posts: 28,332
My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03SGZHP View Post
Any idea why I'm getting the blown bulb indicator with my Eagle Eyes? When I start my car they come on and after I use the left and right turn signal they go away; then as soon as I restart the car they fault again. I don't how I could have them connected wrong, and I checked earlier today to make sure they were tight and in their correct place. I love the look and plan on keeping them but would really like to know how to go about and fix this problem. Re-flash? Any thoughts?
That's very odd, it could just be a set of faulty resistors or something with your car's specific ECU. There are no reflashes available to fix the issue so it has to be a resistor solution.
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 07:25 PM   #12
03SGZHP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oz
Posts: 21
My Ride: 4runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
That's very odd, it could just be a set of faulty resistors or something with your car's specific ECU. There are no reflashes available to fix the issue so it has to be a resistor solution.
Ok, thanks for the reply. I'll contact the vendor I bought them from and see what they have to say.
03SGZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use