E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!

Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!
This forum contains "official" polls and surveys

View Poll Results: Do you support Kpeng to be a moderator?
Yes, super awesome! 276 0.27%
No. 51 0.05%
LOL1!!!!! 242 0.24%
I'd rather watch grass grow 100,076 99.35%
who's ken? we need to clone jonjon 85 0.08%
Voters: 100730. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2008, 01:23 AM   #61
SeanC

My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeng View Post
That is kind of a joke in my sig, I guess if some people take it too seriously, I'll remove it.
I guess it depends on how serious you are on this becoming a mod thing

Sapphire Black MetallicNatural BrownSilver Cube e46 330i ZHP/6MT - Sold
HellrotDove Grey e36 ///M3 - RIP
Alpine WhiteTanSand High Gloss e46 330i SlickTop/5MT
Old 05-11-2008, 01:23 AM   #62
deafboy

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00bmw323 View Post
how much money do you need to donate to be Purple?????
9.99 for OEM Member (basic purple)
19.99 for Modded Member (more goodies )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owtlaw333 View Post
You'll always be pretty in my eyes, Cole :luv:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissspyy View Post
i was like passed out while she's shoving the entire bar in my mouth. :rofl: :rofl:
Old 05-11-2008, 01:23 AM   #63
kpeng
Banned User

My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by cngzsn View Post
ok, then remove "destroyer of the noobs" from your slogan and you might get more sympathy from them...
FWIW, I'm usually very nice to people who ask legitimate questions and seek information. I try to be as helpful as possible as you can see in my many replies in the General forum. See for yourself.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:24 AM   #64
kpeng
Banned User

Quote:
I guess it depends on how serious you are on this becoming a mod thing
lol, look at Jon Jon, the guy frickin' banned himself.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:27 AM   #65
00bmw323

My Ride: 00 323/91 integra RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafboy View Post
9.99 for OEM Member (basic purple)
19.99 for Modded Member (more goodies )
wat do you have??

-Jorge
All low no go
Old 05-11-2008, 01:27 AM   #66
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
You need to clarify your statements.
If your any kind of serious about this and want to be taken seriously you need to kill the jokes, not the n00bs.
There is no room for misinterpritation if your serious about this.
Being a mod is serious business, to be taken seriously you have to act seriously. So all this talk of banning mawfukaz for what is apparently no reason, does NOT belong here. Maybe later on, you can make those jokes, but right now u had me like, wtf, is he for real? Thank god this isn't real.

Ill edit while I still can but you gotta be crystal clear about your message. This is internet, I can't see the smirk on your face while you post, and neither can the thousands of other members.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:28 AM   #67
SeanC

Quote:
FWIW, I'm usually very nice to people who ask legitimate questions and seek information. I try to be as helpful as possible as you can see in my many replies in the General forum. See for yourself.
I know how helpful you are, just trying to point that the definition of a legitimate question might vary according to how many posts they have.

Old 05-11-2008, 01:33 AM   #68
kpeng
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
You need to clarify your statements.
If your any kind of serious about this and want to be taken seriously you need to kill the jokes, not the n00bs.
There is no room for misinterpritation if your serious about this.
Being a mod is serious business, to be taken seriously you have to act seriously. So all this talk of banning mawfukaz for what is apparently no reason, does NOT belong here. Maybe later on, you can make those jokes, but right now u had me like, wtf, is he for real? Thank god this isn't real.

Ill edit while I still can but you gotta be crystal clear about your message. This is internet, I can't see the smirk on your face while you post, and neither can the thousands of other members.
I think you're taking this way more seriously than I am. I said it in my original post already, this is half for-fun, half serious. I think I've been clear enough, interpret it as you wish. I assure that "bans" won't be handed out like free stickers, to anyone who doesn't agree with me, or gives me attitude. The person's post history, and general attitude towards other members will be taken into account. Scammers, like they are no, will be shown no mercy, nor will people who falsely advertise things for sale. Relax man, I told you I'd give latin women a chance just for you

Quote:
I know how helpful you are, just trying to point that the definition of a legitimate question might vary according to how many posts they have.
Understood.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:36 AM   #69
Snik
OEM ///Member

I guess I am taking this more seriously.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:38 AM   #70
THE BOSS
Banned

My Ride: e39 528i & e46 330Ci
Quote:
I think you're taking this way more seriously than I am. I said it in my original post already, this is half for-fun, half serious. I think I've been clear enough, interpret it as you wish. I assure that "bans" won't be handed out like free stickers, to anyone who doesn't agree with me, or gives me attitude. The person's post history, and general attitude towards other members will be taken into account. Scammers, like they are no, will be shown no mercy, nor will people who falsely advertise things for sale. Relax man, I told you I'd give latin women a chance just for you
don't mean to intrude but most definitely, latin women are FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-11-2008, 01:42 AM   #71
kpeng
Banned User

I would like to be serious for a second here though and propose a few ideas that I'd like to see happen regardless of if I actually, by some miracle of god, become a moderator.

1. I propose that we not allow new members to create new threads of their own until they've hit a certain post count. I don't know, maybe 50 or 100 posts? That will encourage searching, thus eliminating repetitive threads, as well as prevent spammers from registering to make ad threads.

2. I'd like to see some better sales system implemented in the classifieds section. For starters, it'd be cool to list a member's "feedback" on the sidebar so that prospective buyers can instantly see their reputation.

3. Is there a way to code the site so that anyone who tries to quote a post that contains a long series of photos is not allowed to do so? It makes reading threads much more tedious and unnecessary.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:42 AM   #72
Snik
OEM ///Member

I'm trying to tell the young boy that while the snow bunnies are def nice, there's too many wonderful flavors to limit yourself to one.

Its just not right. Jolly rancher bags don't come with just apple flavor. There's something for everyone to try a few
Old 05-11-2008, 01:45 AM   #73
SeanC

Quote:
I would like to be serious for a second here though and propose a few ideas that I'd like to see happen regardless of if I actually, by some miracle of god, become a moderator.

1. I propose that we not allow new members to create new threads of their own until they've hit a certain post count. I don't know, maybe 50 or 100 posts? That will encourage searching, thus eliminating repetitive threads, as well as prevent spammers from registering to make ad threads.

2. I'd like to see some better sales system implemented in the classifieds section. For starters, it'd be cool to list a member's "feedback" on the sidebar so that prospective buyers can instantly see their reputation.

3. Is there a way to code the site so that anyone who tries to quote a post that contains a long series of photos is not allowed to do so? It makes reading threads much more tedious and unnecessary.
I am changing my vote to "yes".

Old 05-11-2008, 01:47 AM   #74
00bmw323

50-100 dont you think its too much? maybe 10-30ish??

-Jorge
All low no go
Old 05-11-2008, 01:48 AM   #75
kpeng
Banned User

Quote:
50-100 dont you think its too much? maybe 10-30ish??
Not at all. 10-30 can be achieved pretty quickly, I want there to be a period of time where they can't post so they are forced to search for answers.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:49 AM   #76
00bmw323

Quote:
Not at all. 10-30 can be achieved pretty quickly, I want there to be a period of time where they can't post so they are forced to search for answers.
hmmm..true that...

-Jorge
All low no go
Old 05-11-2008, 02:01 AM   #77
deafboy

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
Quote:
wat do you have??
Modded Member. I need the entra PM space.

Quote:
Agreed.

1) I like the idea. Have that on some other forums I'm on.

2) Theres another site that I am on that has a reputation system. The system doesnt allow you to buy or sell anything without a certain amount of reps. You can give people +/- rep depending on their posts/threads/actions.

3) Yeah, you can code it so [IMG] [IMG] are blocked out in quotes. Not sure about vbulletins though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owtlaw333 View Post
You'll always be pretty in my eyes, Cole :luv:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissspyy View Post
i was like passed out while she's shoving the entire bar in my mouth. :rofl: :rofl:
Old 05-11-2008, 02:13 AM   #78
THE BOSS
Banned

My Ride: e39 528i & e46 330Ci
Quote:

actually, i think those are great ideas. especially #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
I'm trying to tell the young boy that while the snow bunnies are def nice, there's too many wonderful flavors to limit yourself to one.

Its just not right. Jolly rancher bags don't come with just apple flavor. There's something for everyone to try a few
AGREED 100% i'm a fan of the more exotic or "modded girl" over the "oem girl". oem doesn't float my boat too much. there are exceptions though, sometimes an oem girl has all needed mods and are like a maserati or astin martin.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:30 AM   #79
Snik
OEM ///Member

Quote:

4. Mawfukaz MUST post a price in for sale threads. No more of this bs, PM me your offers and make offer bs.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:32 AM   #80
Sam 330ci

My Ride: 03 530i
Send a message via AIM to Sam 330ci
this thread is an interesting read.

voted YES just bc, and i hope i don't get in trouble for this, some of the mods seem.................................

......distracted.......

..from their duties.