E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!

Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!
This forum contains "official" polls and surveys

View Poll Results: Do you support Kpeng to be a moderator?
Yes, super awesome! 276 0.27%
No. 51 0.05%
LOL1!!!!! 242 0.24%
I'd rather watch grass grow 100,076 99.35%
who's ken? we need to clone jonjon 85 0.08%
Voters: 100730. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2008, 12:01 PM   #101
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
^ Right on. And Zeshon, if you have such strong feeling on certain posts, you should report them so the moderators can see them.

This forum is huge. Its impossible for any moderator team (even one including Ken Peng) to see every problematic post or thread, without the help of the viewing membership.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:57 PM   #102
budman
-not a mod-

My Ride: is your mom
Send a message via AIM to budman Send a message via Yahoo to budman
I used to want it.. now if I need something I know who to call
Old 05-11-2008, 01:09 PM   #103
kpeng
Banned User

My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsima325 View Post
^ Right on. And Zeshon, if you have such strong feeling on certain posts, you should report them so the moderators can see them.

This forum is huge. Its impossible for any moderator team (even one including Ken Peng) to see every problematic post or thread, without the help of the viewing membership.
While I (strangely) do agree with you and Russ on that, I am on here far more than you guys, and I am roaming around in every forum, reading every thread more so than you guys. I will be able to tackle problems that you would otherwise not find unless someone reported it. I'm on here all day when I'm at home, even at school. I enjoy being on here, I enjoy answer questions, and reading threads. Our differences aside, it seems to me like you guys have kind of lost interest in being a member, and just do things and post things around here moderator related. JonJon is the only mod, who I feel like really enjoys his "job".

While other moderators like bluecougar, and B are barely even on, and aren't around to even help with the duties. It seems like you, russ, and JonJon are the only three moderators doing anything. All kidding aside about the noobs, I think I have some very good ideas that I'd like to implement. zeshon said it best (thank you for your support), while I don't think you guys take me seriously, I would like to see some of those ideas put to work because I think a lot of people out there agree with me on those issues.

Last edited by kpeng; 05-11-2008 at 01:28 PM.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:25 PM   #104
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
i see that all the time, mods that have basically moved one and dont even post on the board, and leave basically like 3-4 guys to do it all.

admit it y'all need help, give the mawfuka a chance. he'll be aight
Old 05-11-2008, 01:28 PM   #105
theribdoctor

Location: ze south floriduh close to the mouth of the rat Status: I am creepy /// fact: I was the ska king, and no, you can't call me that, well except maybe the chad and Dave
My Ride: MB W204
Send a message via AIM to theribdoctor
I love you ken, but I voted no, because this will never happen. nothing but love.

ibkgba.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:43 PM   #106
tembox_7

My Ride: E46 & E90
I'm not gonna vote, but if it's up to me I'd give him 1 week up to 1 month trial period, depending on his attitude & performance. After the trial period, it'll be up to members to keep him or not. We could have "Kpeng's performance as mod evaluation thread" during the trial period and even after. If he screws up and pisses a lot of people...Permanent Ban.

The reason I'd give him a trial are:
1. of course to help current mods
2. he is a post whore, so it's likely that he doesn't miss many threads (but I wonder why he never post on mine )
3. he is quite resourceful

I don't know Ken personally; but from some of his posts, it seems like he is too harsh on people, sometimes provocative. He might state that he's been partially joking, but in this forum, we can't really tell for sure whether he's playing around or harassing people. Text only give little information, we don't get his tone and the look of his face when he says his comments.
With that style of his, no wonder that people get offended.

Ken, you need to behave, or at least put smilies to let people know that you're joking.

IBKGBA

Old 05-11-2008, 01:49 PM   #107
kpeng
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tembox_7 View Post
I'm not gonna vote, but if it's up to me I'd give him 1 week up to 1 month trial period, depending on his attitude & performance. After the trial period, it'll be up to members to keep him or not. We could have "Kpeng's performance as mod evaluation thread" during the trial period and even after. If he screws up and pisses a lot of people...Permanent Ban.

The reason I'd give him a trial are:
1. of course to help current mods
2. he is a post whore, so it's likely that he doesn't miss many threads (but I wonder why he never post on mine )
3. he is quite resourceful

I don't know Ken personally; but from some of his posts, it seems like he is too harsh on people, sometimes provocative. He might state that he's been partially joking, but in this forum, we can't really tell for sure whether he's playing around or harassing people. Text only give little information, we don't get his tone and the look of his face when he says his comments.
With that style of his, no wonder that people get offended.

Ken, you need to behave, or at least put smilies to let people know that you're joking.

IBKGBA
That's a fair assessment. And I have posted in your threads! lol. I've told you that I think your car is badass. I can be harsh on people, but I don't think it's ever unwarranted. If someone posts something pointless or are too lazy to search, I speak my mind. Doesn't mean that I'd handle it the same way as a moderator. While I am harsh to some, I'm very nice to others. I'm always willing to answer a question that I have some knowledge about. And yes, I am a post whore I see all. Ask the guys in the SoCal chat, I pop in whenever someone mentions me.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:50 PM   #108
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
^ told him
Old 05-11-2008, 01:55 PM   #109
dkangman

My Ride: is Hot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeng View Post
That's a fair assessment. And I have posted in your threads! lol. I've told you that I think your car is badass. I can be harsh on people, but I don't think it's ever unwarranted. If someone posts something pointless or are too lazy to search, I speak my mind. Doesn't mean that I'd handle it the same way as a moderator. While I am harsh to some, I'm very nice to others. I'm always willing to answer a question that I have some knowledge about. And yes, I am a post whore I see all. Ask the guys in the SoCal chat, I pop in whenever someone mentions me.
Whoa! I did not know that. I should refrain from talking bad about you.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:58 PM   #110
kpeng
Banned User

Lol, you're safe Daniel. I'm in there regularly now because you guys are cool.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:02 PM   #111
mcr_driver

My Ride: my favorite two feet
he is jeremy called his name out at 1am once and he poof appeared like a ninja
Old 05-11-2008, 02:27 PM   #112
tembox_7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr_driver View Post
he is jeremy called his name out at 1am once and he poof appeared like a ninja
He must run a search for his user name ever 5 min. or so

Quote:
I have only started 3 threads and never see any comment from you. You could check those 3 threads. I just re-checked. It's either you missed them or you're just speechless . That's also why you didn't get so see Garbino front lip until I posted some pics on a general thread.

On being harsh thing, you could just try being a little nicer.

Old 05-11-2008, 02:29 PM   #113
kpeng
Banned User

lol. Hmm...I could of sworn I posted in your threads. Sorry!
Old 05-11-2008, 02:35 PM   #114
tembox_7

Quote:
lol. Hmm...I could of sworn I posted in your threads. Sorry!
No worries, I know you're just speechless

Old 05-11-2008, 02:36 PM   #115
kpeng
Banned User

I do like your car a lot if that counts for anything, lol.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:41 PM   #116
Ahmad

My Ride: a Black Beast
Quote:
This is half just-for-fun, and half serious. I honestly think I can be a good moderator on here, and I ask for the support of my fellow fanatics to show everyone that it's not a bad idea (like most of you would think). True I have been banned before...a few times...but I am a fair person. I help those who seek knowledge, contribute meaningful threads, and always try to put noobs/idiots in their place. Most importantly, I am on here almost all the time, and any one who has PMed me can tell you that I answer almost instantly most of the time. There has been an influx of stupidity lately, lot of noobs who contribute nothing, and a lot of idiots who contribute nothing and don't help other fanatics. I want to help put an end to it.

Join me?
OMG please vote no for this idiot, talking about putting noobs in their place!!!!! Who are you to decide who’s a noob and who’s not, to each their own remember, and I think a lot of people cant stand you on this forum ………..bully wanna be,. Go find something else to do with your boring time. Make a movie or some thing.
P.S this idiot pops up in every thread I make running his mouth about my car like its his money I am spending…..funny guy
Old 05-11-2008, 02:44 PM   #117
kpeng
Banned User

Ahmad,

You were the one who made a post that was extremely offensive, and I pointed out the ignorance of it. You said that people don't like chrome on here because they're too poor to afford it, and then you went on a crazed rampage about it. Then you told everyone that you make over $120K a year, and that you can afford the chrome, so you rock it. You threatened other members, and gave out your phone number and challenged people to call you if they weren't "pu$$ies". It turned out to be the number to a Subway. When other people pointed out the ridiculousness of your statements, you went off on them too. You're insane and you have some serious issues dude.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:49 PM   #118
Ahmad

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BOSS View Post
no. don't need a super dork with any authority around here for sure.
well said
Old 05-11-2008, 02:56 PM   #119
Ahmad

Quote:
Ahmad,

You were the one who made a post that was extremely offensive, and I pointed out the ignorance of it. You said that people don't like chrome on here because they're too poor to afford it, and then you went on a crazed rampage about it. Then you told everyone that you make over $120K a year, and that you can afford the chrome, so you rock it. You threatened other members, and gave out your phone number and challenged people to call you if they weren't "pu$$ies". It turned out to be the number to a Subway. When other people pointed out the ridiculousness of your statements, you went off on them too. You're insane and you have some serious issues dude.
OMG……changed the whole story. But its ok your known to be a liar. And I only challenged you to call me because I didn’t want to use bad language on this forum, specially after I promised simsima(a real moderator) that I wont go out of line any more, and talkin about rampage,,,,,,,you kept posting and posting mocking the way black people talks saying that my car should be in a 50cents video. Man get a life that’s all I have to say
Old 05-11-2008, 02:57 PM   #120
kpeng
Banned User

You're psychotic, that's all I have to say.
Closed Thread