E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 221 votes, 4.88 average.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:25 PM   #101
kpeng
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 25,675
My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwayzUnce View Post
ugh to keep these things or sell them
I say keep 'em. Why would you want to sell them?
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 02:25 AM   #102
Pizdous
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pompano Beach, Fl Gresham, Or
Posts: 389
My Ride: E36M3 & E46M3
Great info! this should be a sticky.
__________________

2004 Carbon Schwarz M3 8000k Hids
Dixis titanium Spirit exhaust Tein S-tech K&N 63 fipk
Pizdous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 02:53 AM   #103
Alex323Ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Huntington Beach -Surf City USA
Posts: 17,316
My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizdous View Post
Great info! this should be a sticky.
not picking on you my fellow fanatic. but it's a good post but it's never gonna get (highly unlikely) a sticky when very few people are going to buy and install headers. if you didn't read they are illegal in several states and not TUV approved in europe. you can't sticky everything as the front page would be lost.
A far majority of Fanatics WILL buy rear exhausts, intakes, mirrors and diff swaps. There is not a sticky on those threads like SycE46's infamous Diff info, there sure isn't gonna be one for ebay headers. You really think the Sponsors/Advertisers that sell Supersprint, AA, Techniks and other headers are gonna sit back and see links to sellers on Ebay get a front page advertisement?? If anything it could get merged to the "Want to mod but don't know what's out there" thread. then again this is just one person's humble opinion.
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:17 AM   #104
fmzip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Northeast
Posts: 3,014
My Ride: 2001 330cic & 530i
Anyone buy from this guy? Are these the 330 headers?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Heade...spagenameZWD1V

I have contacted the manufacturer of these, looks like the minimum purchase is 20 and the price is $76. My guess is that this auction is from the manufacturer.
__________________
fmzip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:20 AM   #105
kpeng
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 25,675
My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmzip View Post
Anyone buy from this guy? Are these the 330 headers?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Heade...spagenameZWD1V

I have contacted the manufacturer of these, looks like the minimum purchase is 20 and the price is $76. My guess is that this auction is from the manufacturer.
I don't think anyone has bought from him. Please stick to the vendors I mentioned because otherwise you run the risk of receiving the wrong ones. This guy is located in China and doesn't speak very good English as you can tell from his responses to other people. Fork over the extra $40 or so with trader-nas or gtmotogarage and get some piece of mind.
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:25 AM   #106
fmzip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Northeast
Posts: 3,014
My Ride: 2001 330cic & 530i
^^^ I appreciate your input; my question is:

Are these the 330 headers?

Sounds like very good Chinese English to me :

This is the response from the manufacturer:

Thanks for your inquiry at xxxxxx.We are manufactory specializing in producing high performance exhaust systems. We supply a wide range of products for various cars. Part number: xxxxx FOB Ningbo Price of Header for BMW 325I 330I z3 z4 00-04 is 76 dollars. The minimum order quantity is 20sets. Material is ss304 stainless steel pipe and Mild steel flangeThe Lead time is approx 10-15 days. The enclosed is some pictures of xxxxxxx, Please kindly view it.Please view our website to know more about our products, If you have interest in our other products, Please inform me ,I will send our catalog to you.If you have any questions , please don't hesitate to inform me. Looking forward to your reply

Ivan

__________________

Last edited by fmzip; 05-10-2008 at 09:29 AM.
fmzip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:28 AM   #107
kpeng
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 25,675
My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
They look to be correct, but you can't really differentiate between 330 headers and 323/328 headers. The flanges are at a slightly different angle, and you can't really tell from the photos. It really depends on the vendor's knowledge and if they send you the right ones.
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:33 AM   #108
fmzip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Northeast
Posts: 3,014
My Ride: 2001 330cic & 530i
Maybe one of our sponsors would like to sell these babies!
__________________
fmzip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:37 AM   #109
kpeng
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 25,675
My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmzip View Post
Maybe one of our sponsors would like to sell these babies!
Who says there aren't any already interested?
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 11:50 AM   #110
kpeng
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 25,675
My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
not picking on you my fellow fanatic. but it's a good post but it's never gonna get (highly unlikely) a sticky when very few people are going to buy and install headers. if you didn't read they are illegal in several states and not TUV approved in europe. you can't sticky everything as the front page would be lost.
A far majority of Fanatics WILL buy rear exhausts, intakes, mirrors and diff swaps. There is not a sticky on those threads like SycE46's infamous Diff info, there sure isn't gonna be one for ebay headers. You really think the Sponsors/Advertisers that sell Supersprint, AA, Techniks and other headers are gonna sit back and see links to sellers on Ebay get a front page advertisement?? If anything it could get merged to the "Want to mod but don't know what's out there" thread. then again this is just one person's humble opinion.
You're right Alex. SycE46's diff info is excellent, I link it to people whenever I can. It's too bad politics gets in the way of actually informative threads being available to fanatics. Sad how many people don't know about that diff thread for example, when it's pretty much everything you need to know.
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 11:55 AM   #111
JJR4884
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 18,236
My Ride: BMW
its a shame this thread has to exist


if only people knew how to search and read, we wouldn't have 4 billion threads on this topic..........

good write up ken
__________________
JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 11:58 AM   #112
kpeng
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 25,675
My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
its a shame this thread has to exist


if only people knew how to search and read, we wouldn't have 4 billion threads on this topic..........

good write up ken
Tis so very true. That's why I made this thread, to try and end the 23094230489 new threads about it every day.
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:22 PM   #113
fmzip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Northeast
Posts: 3,014
My Ride: 2001 330cic & 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeng View Post
Who says there aren't any already interested?
I sense attitude for some reason...I am out of here.
__________________
fmzip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:23 PM   #114
kpeng
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 25,675
My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmzip View Post
I sense attitude for some reason...I am out of here.
Whoa, no no no. You interpreted that all wrong. I was trying to be sneaky and humorous. I guess it came across like I was giving you attitude. Sorry.
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:39 AM   #115
kpeng
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 25,675
My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
If you missed it, there is a great DIY writeup now thanks to hamann330ci:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=573566
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:30 AM   #116
harry4774
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: mass
Posts: 134
My Ride: 00 328ci
I think at the bottom you should put a shopping list with exactely what to buy (gaskets, etc.) just an opinion tho. I am currently debating on these i need to pass inspection just obdII though and not the sniffer. so i would just have to get rid of the SES light. I no there are a few ways but i dont know if i want to risk not being able to get riid of it and waste the money
harry4774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:15 AM   #117
kpeng
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 25,675
My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry4774 View Post
I think at the bottom you should put a shopping list with exactely what to buy (gaskets, etc.) just an opinion tho. I am currently debating on these i need to pass inspection just obdII though and not the sniffer. so i would just have to get rid of the SES light. I no there are a few ways but i dont know if i want to risk not being able to get riid of it and waste the money
The gaskets and whatnot come with the headers. There's really nothing else you need to buy.
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:44 AM   #118
harry4774
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: mass
Posts: 134
My Ride: 00 328ci
i thought you werent suppose to use the gaskets that come with it
harry4774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:45 AM   #119
kpeng
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 25,675
My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry4774 View Post
i thought you werent suppose to use the gaskets that come with it
You don't have to, but I did, and I think a few other people did. No issues thus far.
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:23 PM   #120
tblue3cibm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Brooklyn, N.Y.C.
Posts: 6,380
My Ride: allroad / Hayabusa
kpeng for mod in 08
__________________
tblue3cibm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use