E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2005, 05:47 PM   #1
aaron56

My Ride: 2004 325CI
DYI Backseat Removal

Does anyone have a DYI with pictures, if possible, on removing the rear seat? If no pictures, that's o.k. I just need some good instructions. I have a 2004 325CI with folding rear seat. If anyone can help me with instructions, I would be more than gratefull.

Oh by the way, I have already search, but could not find.

Thank you...Have a nice day.
aaron56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:27 PM   #2
Griptruk

My Ride: 2001 E46 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron56
Does anyone have a DYI with pictures, if possible, on removing the rear seat? If no pictures, that's o.k. I just need some good instructions. I have a 2004 325CI with folding rear seat. If anyone can help me with instructions, I would be more than gratefull.

Oh by the way, I have already search, but could not find.

Thank you...Have a nice day.
Do Yourself It?
Old 01-03-2005, 06:45 PM   #3
Presns323i
No Show, No Go

My Ride: E46[Retired], 2.0T
Send a message via AIM to Presns323i
dunno about a coupe, but for a sedan, you just grab the seat and start yankin. hah
Old 01-03-2005, 07:00 PM   #4
\\V

My Ride: 2002 AW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presns323i
dunno about a coupe, but for a sedan, you just grab the seat and start yankin. hah
yeah... same thing for the coupe, might have to remove the interior side panels also
\\V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 08:44 PM   #5
pixelated
Ich bin pleite

lift up and out. Easy.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:29 PM   #6
k9fxr

My Ride: 330ci vert
What is a folding rear seat,
sorry for the ignorance, mine is suppose to have that also
k9fxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:31 PM   #7
dasblack

My Ride: '01 330ci
it folds down. the seats fold down from your back to the butt on the seat in the rear, if you have that option.
dasblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:53 AM   #8
leew

My Ride: 04' 330ci
if I do not have the pass through option can I still remove the backs of the rear seat to get through I locked my keys in the trunk and everything is disabled from the motion sensor going off!!! Please help fast!!!! 04 coupe
leew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 04:13 PM   #9
az-03-325xi

My Ride: 3 guesses...
Quote:
Originally Posted by leew View Post
if I do not have the pass through option can I still remove the backs of the rear seat to get through I locked my keys in the trunk and everything is disabled from the motion sensor going off!!! Please help fast!!!! 04 coupe
what about the trunk release button that is under the dash near the hood release?
az-03-325xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 07:24 PM   #10
leew

everything is disabled because the car was locked by remote when i left but since the windows were down some I was able to get in the car but it shut down the trunk release.

On that note a guy on here states that no key is needed, can be done in minutes but he can't reveal his secret!!! No locksmith has been able to get into it even with the special cut key and pin setter. Is there anyway I can bypass the security and open it? BMW says friday is soonest key can get out. Windows down parked in random parking lot!
I need HELP!
Old 08-24-2006, 02:23 PM   #11
yamashek

My Ride: PYM3 6MTCoupe
leew,

i don't think you can do anything about it other than having somebody bringing a second set of keys over to you.

aaron56,

here is what you do to completely remove the backseat:

1. Yank the bench upwards by grabbing about 3-4 inches away from the center of the bench (both left and right direction)

2. fold the seats down like how you do it before

3. locate the little bolt in the place where the two seat-backs meet. you will spot it right away

4. undo the bolt

5. pull out the seat-backs

6. Drink some beer and you are done.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:02 PM   #12
leew

thanks though everyone has been very helpful in this situation it will go unresolved until I pick up a new key from BMW.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:25 PM   #13
ThomasV

My Ride: 2004 330ci
Send a message via MSN to ThomasV
I also want to say thanks! I just changed the interior in my 330ci 2004, which would have taken me a hole lot longer without your help!
Thanks again!
ThomasV is offline   Reply With Quote