E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 64 votes, 4.88 average.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:50 AM   #101
wooboodoo

My Ride: is alpine white...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm5 View Post
YES pics please... are you selling it? I want more pics to make sure it is what I want... Why didnt you install it?
I'm very sorry for late response but i finally got some pics...
I don't know if I'll find time to play with this spoiler lol, will put this back on the shelf, have no time now.
I got it with stop light from germany (used) for about $120 but paint condition was really bad and I took the paint off and see this need a litle work with some fiberglass to make this spoiler stronger... and have to be repainted, whatever it's just the spoiler i don't care
anyway if someone need it i have to take back my $120 shipped of course if not is fine will find some day time to work with

All the best,
woo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sp.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	278074   Click image for larger version

Name:	sp1.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	278075   Click image for larger version

Name:	sp2.jpg
Views:	2293
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	278076   Click image for larger version

Name:	sp3.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	278077  

No matter which BMW model you drive, pure chiseled performance is the
pulsating heart of its DNA. Yet the 13th letter of the alphabet takes every
BMW built-in performance advantage and amps it up to the Mth degree.
Call it the Year of M.
D. Randy Riggs
wooboodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:01 AM   #102
jwm5

My Ride: station wagon
Thanks for the pics wooboodoo. Still hard for me to see the differences from the stock... is it larger/taller on the back side than stock? I see the indentations in the overhead picture...are the sides of the indent added to what would be a stock spoiler, or is the indent down into what would be stock?

anyway thanks again for the pics.

Are you sure this is the GPower spoiler? Was there more than 1 design?
in the pics the spacing above the third brake light appears there is more material between the brake light and top of spoiler on the one in the BAV picture...

still hard to tell...

Last edited by jwm5; 07-15-2008 at 10:06 AM.
jwm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:00 AM   #103
Opt1mus

My Ride: 320d exe Touring
Dutch Touring

Entry from The Netherlands (Under Construction)
Old 07-15-2008, 01:05 PM   #104
Fozzy

My Ride: 320iA touring
Send a message via ICQ to Fozzy
just have a look to my photostory :http://www.bmw-syndikat.de/bmwsyndik...?TOPIC_ID=1112

There you can see the complete grill.

Everything is matte silver.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:56 PM   #105
xavi330i

My Ride: 2004 330i smg
I have yet to see e46agons where I live.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:58 PM   #106
keith_m3-4

My Ride: 02 325iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi330i View Post
I have yet to see e46agons where I live.
Even here in the Bay Area they are not very common.. that's another reason why I like mine even more...
Old 07-15-2008, 06:59 PM   #107
keith_m3-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy View Post
just have a look to my photostory :http://www.bmw-syndikat.de/bmwsyndik...?TOPIC_ID=1112

There you can see the complete grill.

Everything is matte silver.
Lucky you, no need to paint!

Thanks for the link.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:27 PM   #108
Fozzy

a friend of mine had a 330i wagen in black with the titanium insert, it was hot.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:30 PM   #109
keith_m3-4

Do you need to take the bumper off to install it?

Do you have a pic of your friend's black wagon? Not sure if it will work with my Steel Gray.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:13 PM   #110
Fozzy

Yes, you need to take the bumper off, because itīs all fixed from behind.

I donīt have pics of my friends one, but here are some I found on the net:

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/sh...de&tabNumber=2

and here one in black

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/sh...de&tabNumber=2
Old 07-17-2008, 01:59 AM   #111
keith_m3-4

Wow, you are fast! thanks Fozzy.

It looks like that silver grey has a sport package but those aren't sports seats. Not feel'in that grill either.. back to the search!
Old 07-25-2008, 10:22 PM   #112
sbuoncri

My Ride: 325it TS1, e30
New touring dude

Hi,

I just bought an 03 touring so I was really stoked when i found this thread. I'm in the midst of doing up the suspension and I'm working on getting together the info for a manual conversion. I wanted to ask: where did you guys find your oem m-tech II bumpers? I'm apprehensive to do non oem but what do you guys think about the rep bumpers? I also wanted to ask if anyone runs ZHP springs on theirs (i'm looking for some moderate springs so I can still use my tow hitch).

Cheers,

Scott
sbuoncri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 05:01 AM   #113
Biz

My Ride: is clean.
Keith, I really dig your car - love the CSL reps and the stance. Good job.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:02 PM   #114
Stealthwagen

My Ride: '00 323iT / S54 6Spd
OK, time for me to post up

Couple of teasers here. Won't keep up with Stuart's car when he gets done, but it's sweet. Very unexpected exhaust note when you get into it. I'll take some proper photos (well, best I'm able to manage) next week & hope Uncle Don can add me to the gallery. Exterior Mods include 18" HM2's, MTech II, Bi-Xenons, ACS rear add-on, Clears, Tint.

Love this thread!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Todd 008.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	166.1 KB
ID:	279417   Click image for larger version

Name:	Todd 007.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	279418  
Stealthwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 01:41 PM   #115
UncleDon

My Ride: '05 325iT '86 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbuoncri View Post
Hi,

I just bought an 03 touring so I was really stoked when i found this thread. I'm in the midst of doing up the suspension and I'm working on getting together the info for a manual conversion. I wanted to ask: where did you guys find your oem m-tech II bumpers? I'm apprehensive to do non oem but what do you guys think about the rep bumpers? I also wanted to ask if anyone runs ZHP springs on theirs (i'm looking for some moderate springs so I can still use my tow hitch).

Cheers,

Scott
There are some on-line dealers like Tischer that sell the OEM bumpers as a kit and offer a discount to E46 Fanatic members... http://directory.e46fanatics.com/sit...onsor&SpCId=90

ZHP springs may actually raise the front of a Touring from stock sport package height because the 325 is lighter than a 330 in front. Some of the Touring owners have used BMW OEM Rubber Spring Pads to raise the rear back up if it is too low for towing or when loaded after installing aftermarket springs.

Here's the BMW part numbers for the Rubber Spring Pads...
They I cost about $10 each.

E46 325It - 5mm - 33531136385
E36 325i - 7.5mm - 33531136386
E36 325i - 10mm - 33531136387
E46 325ix - 15mm - 33531094754

Stock Wagon size is 5mm.
I had a pair of 15mm that I tried with Eibach Pro rear springs and they raised it back up to about stock Sport Package ride height.
I hear H&Rs are just a little taller in the rear so you may want try the 10mm if the stock 5mm size is too low.

Here's another good Touring Mod thread to check out... http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=522195
Old 07-26-2008, 01:49 PM   #116
330i ZHP

My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbuoncri View Post
Hi,

Cheers,

Scott
Congrats on your wagon purchase. I bought my bumpers through a local body shop that extended their cost to me - but Tischer has very competitive pricing including shipping. Call Jason or Evan.

Will you want to do a 5 speed swap or 6 speed swap? Which engine do you have?

The ZHP spings will work well - but they wont lower it much - but will be a good compromise. I have a tow hitch and my car is lowered and it pulls a trailer just fine. But my receiver does hit sometimes when i pull in or out of driveways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthwagen View Post
Couple of teasers here. Won't keep up with Stuart's car when he gets done, but it's sweet. Very unexpected exhaust note when you get into it. I'll take some proper photos (well, best I'm able to manage) next week & hope Uncle Don can add me to the gallery. Exterior Mods include 18" HM2's, MTech II, Bi-Xenons, ACS rear add-on, Clears, Tint.

Love this thread!!!!
sounds great - and please forgive me if I came off wrong - I am in no way trying to make this a competition...I am an enthusiast just you and everyone else. I am sorry if I came across that way
Old 07-26-2008, 01:54 PM   #117
330i ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDon View Post
There are some on-line dealers like Tischer that sell the OEM bumpers as a kit and offer a discount to E46 Fanatic members... http://directory.e46fanatics.com/sit...onsor&SpCId=90

ZHP springs may actually raise the front of a Touring from stock sport package height because the 325 is lighter than a 330 in front. Some of the Touring owners have used BMW OEM Rubber Spring Pads to raise the rear back up if it is too low for towing or when loaded after installing aftermarket springs.

Here's the BMW part numbers for the Rubber Spring Pads...
They I cost about $10 each.

E46 325It - 5mm - 33531136385
E36 325i - 7.5mm - 33531136386
E36 325i - 10mm - 33531136387
E46 325ix - 15mm - 33531094754

Stock Wagon size is 5mm.
I had a pair of 15mm that I tried with Eibach Pro rear springs and they raised it back up to about stock Sport Package ride height.
I hear H&Rs are just a little taller in the rear so you may want try the 10mm if the stock 5mm size is too low.

Here's another good Touring Mod thread to check out... http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=522195
I didnt know about the raising the front end thing - good info...

And yes, the 15mm spring pads make a lowered suspension sit perfectly....BUT, BUT, BUT....my H&R springs have settled and the rear now sits lower than the front - I have purchased a 2nd set of the 15mm pads and hope to install them along with the previous set (on the bottom vs. the top where the current set reside). I was fortunate to purchase them from a great source of information on tourings. thanks bud.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:04 PM   #118
Stealthwagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i ZHP View Post
....sounds great - and please forgive me if I came off wrong - I am in no way trying to make this a competition...I am an enthusiast just you and everyone else. I am sorry if I came across that way
No worries at all Stuart. I think it's great we have different paths available to increase performance. My interest was doing something unusual but factory for mine. Followed the approach Ben took at Rogue with the Red wagon that is in the lead picture and MITE46 with his sedan conversion. I got a lot of help (& parts ) from Ben when I was pulling all my stuff together for the swap. I'm following your progress with great interest. Always glad to see another enthusiast jump in where others fear to tread.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:00 PM   #119
330i ZHP

when (or have you) will you do the engine swap? What trans
Old 07-26-2008, 06:03 PM   #120
Stealthwagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i ZHP View Post
when (or have you) will you do the engine swap? What trans
It's done. See pics above while still in the shop. Been driving it for about 2 weeks now. Doing a muffler change right now to quiet it down. Also trying to figure out how to stop the EML & SES from triggering (Running CSL headers & OEM Euro cats).

Tags
touring