E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-31-2008, 04:02 PM   #21
m3ryder

My Ride: e46.m3 / e65.745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by m32 View Post
Thanks. It was QUICKLY draining my bank account. I didn't know how much parts were (I only bought OEM) until it was too late. My problem with having the E30 as a project was that I wanted to make it super nice and try to restore it. If I was to do that, I'd have to drop another $10k into the car. Hence the sale

I sold that and eventually got something cheaper and just as fun to work on

Edwin
WOW!! I use to see your range on RRdotNet!! I was in love with the rims on your car and didn't you also use the LR3 door handles too? Seriously man I almost bought a RRSS because of you. Great mini! That thing looks like it wasn't cheap either though.
m3ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:08 PM   #22
joedaddy

My Ride: OCTA
F that, that car is worth $5000
Old 07-31-2008, 04:17 PM   #23
Kris.R

My Ride: 2012 Dodge Charger
Offer the seller $8k and see where it goes

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

-Abraham Lincoln-
Kris.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:51 PM   #24
Boosted_ZHP

My Ride: 88 325
Send a message via AIM to Boosted_ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3ryder View Post
lol, and the sad part is I am an attorney. So much for my spelling?

Wow, I really didn't know that they went for that much. I was totally expecting to pick one up for maybe $7k.

I also found one on autotrader for $16k.

I was hoping that unlike my e46 where I did all the minor modding myself, that I could get more hands on with an e30 and actually learn to do some engine work and things like that. I have the DIY skills of a noob.
You can find them for like 7k, but it is like a needle in a haystack. A lot of people do not know what they are worth, so sometimes when selling them, they sell them at KBB, which is like 5-7ish.

The int is not so bad, getting parts for the interior is cheap, and I would throw some vaders in it, for around 500ish and have a great looking int.

If you want a fun car to work on, get a 88+ 325is, they are really fun, and easy to work on and mod. The s14 in the e30 m3 is a very hard motor to work on, and not one to be worked on by an amatuer. They also make bad DD's. The 325is seems to be what fits you best. Do suspension work, wheels, and bolt ons, change the bushings you have a great DD, and a fun track toy, you can also pick them up for really cheap. They also have LSD's.

Check R3Vlimited.com, there is tons of info if you are curious.

Quote:
I think that is the general consensus, but isn't that shocking to anyone else? You can get an e36 m3 for almost the same price. I know that there is some inherent value in an older "collector's" car, but I'm just saying.

The e30 m3 since built in such low numbers has always been expensive, plus it is completly hand built, and does not have a lot of the little problems the e36 had. Also a really clean e36 m3 will still run you 20k and up.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:25 PM   #25
cchrisstopherr

My Ride: W126 300ce
so are you buying?!
Old 07-31-2008, 07:28 PM   #26
m3ryder

Wow, thanks Boosted_ZHP! That is some great input. I will definitely do some more research before I buy, but from the way you described it a 325is might be the right choice for a guy like me with such limited experience.

I think with all there is to learn, buying right now would probably lead to a bad choice. I need to do more homework.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:05 AM   #27
e36m3s50

My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Wow, thanks Boosted_ZHP! That is some great input. I will definitely do some more research before I buy, but from the way you described it a 325is might be the right choice for a guy like me with such limited experience.

I think with all there is to learn, buying right now would probably lead to a bad choice. I need to do more homework.

If you can afford an E30 M3, get it and dont sell it. In the future you'll make money out of it but that is not the point though. Anyways, this car isnt that bad and price is fair IMO, most E30 in that condition will run 10k+, a bit cleaner will run 15+ and lower mileage will go close to 20. I sold my 88m3 3 years ago for a dirt cheap price and now I'm still regretting making that stupid choice. I'm currently looking for one and it looks like I have to spend big bucks for it.
e36m3s50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:15 PM   #28
n2Bimmer

My Ride: Loves Corners
ya im looking for a E30, making it a Track rat.
n2Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:53 PM   #29
xkrnxnamjahx

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr 330SeeEye OD View Post
btw...there were only like 5xxx E30 m3s sold in the US if i'm not mistaken...can anyone verify this? so that's why they're still high in price
You're not far off at all. 4,996 built specifically for the U.S., then some were imported as Euro spec, don't know how much were imported as Euro spec though.

xkrnxnamjahx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:27 PM   #30
m3ryder

Wow!!!! You guys have to see this:

Auto Trader e30 M3 that looks new????
Old 08-01-2008, 03:25 PM   #31
ALIsh3shi

My Ride: 2002 M3-alpine
Quote:
Wow!!!! You guys have to see this:

Auto Trader e30 M3 that looks new????
God ol mighty....Why did you post that now I cant stop thinkin bout blowing my savings on it
ALIsh3shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:35 PM   #32
phrozen06
NA V8

My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06

www.s14.net

All the info you need.

S65: 4.0 Liter, V8, 414 hp @8,300 rpm, 295 lb/ft @3900 rpm, 445 lb, DOHC, 12:1 C/R, crankshaft 44 lb, wet sump.
2 oil pumps,double vanos variable valve timing, EMS: MSS60, 8 electronically controlled individual throttle butterflies.
4 valves per cylinder, cracked trapezoidal connecting rods, brake energy regeneration. Ion-flow combustion monitoring.

Last edited by phrozen06; 08-01-2008 at 03:38 PM.
phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:38 PM   #33
m3ryder

You're telling me! It is the baby Jesus of e30 m3s.

Tags
e30