E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-2008, 02:42 PM   #21
T-Werke

My Ride: 2001 LSB m3
Oo i cant wait to see numbers! This is exactly what i would run my car if it was boosted, 93 pump always, then when i hit the track use some meth perfect setup.

How much boost are you guys gonna be running on this 2.5 kit? around 20 with meth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROM3N View Post
It has been discussed

already low compression?! where all the vids of your car with the 550 kit in action? comon! you gotta show us the power... i was considering the 550 kit or maybe a turbo kit if my bank doesn't break... maybe when i can actually afford the kit they will be a little cheaper

Travis
T-Werke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 06:13 PM   #22
Matt Q

My Ride: Jezebel
My favorite part of the HPF posts is the pics of the workshop.... sorry... the laboratory.. no workshop is that clean..

M3. ONLY BETTER
Matt Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 08:36 PM   #23
ROM3N

My Ride: ESS E92 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Werke View Post
Oo i cant wait to see numbers! This is exactly what i would run my car if it was boosted, 93 pump always, then when i hit the track use some meth perfect setup.

How much boost are you guys gonna be running on this 2.5 kit? around 20 with meth?

already low compression?! where all the vids of your car with the 550 kit in action? comon! you gotta show us the power... i was considering the 550 kit or maybe a turbo kit if my bank doesn't break... maybe when i can actually afford the kit they will be a little cheaper

Travis
I was just kidding 500 - 550 is plenty for me for awhile. If I ever feel the need to crank the boost up I will have ESS do some lower compression luv to the motor
Old 08-18-2008, 11:42 AM   #24
whoa_itswee

My Ride: 02 Silver M3
Can't wait to see the cost comparison from Stg 2 vs Stg 2.5. Do we have an ETA on pricing?
whoa_itswee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:41 PM   #25
fullracehonda

My Ride: Civic
looks good, it seems from the videos like the stg3 turbo just just too big to really enjoy so this will probably be the best possible setup

so these 2.5's cost.... 20k$ installed for locals?
fullracehonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:45 PM   #26
RACEMX-M3

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoa_itswee View Post
Can't wait to see the cost comparison from Stg 2 vs Stg 2.5. Do we have an ETA on pricing?
There should be several Stage 2 cars at MFest, I'll make sure we get some comparo vids. Official pricing will probably be posted soon after my car is finished.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:22 PM   #27
whoa_itswee

My Ride: 02 Silver M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACEMX-M3 View Post
There should be several Stage 2 cars at MFest, I'll make sure we get some comparo vids. Official pricing will probably be posted soon after my car is finished.
Can't wait to see them. Don't think I'm going to make it to MFest.
whoa_itswee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:26 PM   #28
MSpired

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.5 e46 M3
Send a message via AIM to MSpired Send a message via MSN to MSpired Send a message via Yahoo to MSpired
Nice! Congrats Scott, can't wait to see your amazing vids!
Old 08-19-2008, 05:33 PM   #29
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Werke View Post

Travis
It will probably be around 13-15 psi on pump and 15-17psi on pump+meth. One psi in these cars is a significant amount of power. We're targetting numbers that are safe when paired with the stage 1/2 fuel system.

As far as pricing goes, I will publish that next week. It will most likely be priced squarely between stages 2 and 3. I have to update our site for our turbo kits, and I'll include stage 2.5 when I do that.

We look forward to meeting everybody at MFest late next week.

Chris.
HPF Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 08:19 PM   #30
Greg Ogden

My Ride: HPF 2.5 M3, E36 M3
Send a message via ICQ to Greg Ogden
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACEMX-M3 View Post
I'll be there! Dave told me it looks like you, me and alvin are gonna be loners heading down to barstow. Maybe we could sneak some video's in along the way!
Old 08-20-2008, 08:41 PM   #31
Evil Twin Rob

My Ride: 2004 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Ogden View Post
I'll be there! Dave told me it looks like you, me and alvin are gonna be loners heading down to barstow. Maybe we could sneak some video's in along the way!
I'll be seeing you guys on Friday. Just look for the rental car bouncing off the rev limiter. I've also been waiting to see the numbers for Scotts car. i think this will be a great option, and easily upgradeable to stg 3 in the future.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:16 PM   #32
RACEMX-M3

Quote:
I'll bring my HD video camera and extra batteries Look forward to meeting everyone.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:43 PM   #33
Greg Ogden

My Ride: HPF 2.5 M3, E36 M3
Send a message via ICQ to Greg Ogden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Twin Rob View Post
I'll be seeing you guys on Friday. Just look for the rental car bouncing off the rev limiter. I've also been waiting to see the numbers for Scotts car. i think this will be a great option, and easily upgradeable to stg 3 in the future.
Your not gonna be riding down with us? Is it gonna be an economy car?
Old 08-20-2008, 11:23 PM   #34
Evil Twin Rob

Quote:
Your not gonna be riding down with us? Is it gonna be an economy car?
Dodge Caliber. I don't expect to be spending too much time in it. My time frame just won't allow for two days of driving.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:07 PM   #35
///M3 David

Silly questions but does HPF finance??? I've seen some shops offer a 12 month payment plan so I was just curious.
///M3 David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 02:23 PM   #36
05SCM3

My Ride: Depends on my mood
I believe they do - 90 days SAC - if I recall correctly. Take a look at their website.
05SCM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 05:34 PM   #37
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i
Pricing for stage 2.5 "installed" by us is $31,995. This includes the full motor build with stage 3 internals, stage 2.5 tune, along with all the stage 2 components.

We'll have power figures available next week.

Take care,
Chris.
HPF Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 06:03 PM   #38
supersickbimmer

My Ride: 617rwhp M3
How much as a upgrade from stage 1 or 2 without install?
Old 08-21-2008, 07:20 PM   #39
RACEMX-M3

Chris,

Can't wait to see the dyno results, and drive the car. To those planning to attend MFest, if you're considering a HPF kit please look me up and I'll be happy to take you for a ride in the car.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:31 PM   #40
baller2all

My Ride: BMW E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Chris View Post
Pricing for stage 2.5 "installed" by us is $31,995. This includes the full motor build with stage 3 internals, stage 2.5 tune, along with all the stage 2 components.

We'll have power figures available next week.

Take care,
Chris.
How much is stage 3 installed?

Last edited by baller2all; 08-23-2008 at 06:41 PM.
baller2all is offline   Reply With Quote