E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-26-2008, 04:33 PM   #1
Omar@ActiveAutowerke
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: Prototype BMW's
**Active Autowerke Supercharged E46 M3 1/4 Mile Dyno Testing..Video Inside**

Hello Board,

We are constantly testing our shop cars for overall performance, power, drive ability and all of the other factors that makes our system what it is. With the ability to tune and modify our kits in house we can test so many different variables no matter how small they may be in an effort to better our kits. We are constantly tuning or should i say tweaking tunes to better support our kits to customers in different conditions. We also test hardware just as much and constantly beat on our parts to make sure they are reliable.

Our local track is down for renovation and will be open soon . We would like to get a few good runs at the drag strip as soon as it opens. So in the mean time instead of going to the track we brought the track to Active Autowerke. We also try to have some fun while we are at it.

Here are some vids... enjoy.

Omar@ActiveAutowerke is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:53 PM   #2
HPFMTRE

My Ride: HPF stage 3 M3
Nice! good work guys awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRzErKaS View Post
wat?? guys with turbo M3's don't have woman troubles...

try adjusting your wastegate
HPF Stage 3 #001

R35 GTR coming soon ;)
HPFMTRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:41 PM   #3
///M3-QTR

My Ride: IR M3
Sounds good !

What's that exhaust ?
Old 08-26-2008, 07:17 PM   #4
jabrel3

My Ride: 05' AA Stage 2 M3
should see my car for the ASA kit soon
jabrel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:46 PM   #5
MSpired

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.5 e46 M3
Send a message via AIM to MSpired Send a message via MSN to MSpired Send a message via Yahoo to MSpired
Car sounds sick! That would be a great time considering the 60' and the temps. Trap speed seems kinda low though. Can't wait to see it on the track in cool conditions!
Old 08-26-2008, 08:48 PM   #6
turboaddiction

My Ride: Turbo M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSpired View Post
Car sounds sick! That would be a great time considering the 60' and the temps. Trap speed seems kinda low though. Can't wait to see it on the track in cool conditions!
Interesting that the speed is 122.71mph at 1000ft and then final trap is 114.32mph at 1/4 mile. Looks like it was heading for a sweet number because 122 is already mmmmmnice.

| TRM | The Racers Market | Turbo M3 | 559whp@18psi | Dynojet Confirmed 6-1-2010 |
| The Truth Shall Set You Free! | It's Good To Have Her Back! |
turboaddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:56 PM   #7
MSpired

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.5 e46 M3
Send a message via AIM to MSpired Send a message via MSN to MSpired Send a message via Yahoo to MSpired
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboaddiction View Post
Interesting that the speed is 122.71mph at 1000ft and then final trap is 114.32mph at 1/4 mile. Looks like it was heading for a sweet number because 122 is already mmmmmnice.
I didn't even notice that... What's up with that? Did you guys let off? Under promise over deliver?
Old 08-27-2008, 08:06 AM   #8
Omar@ActiveAutowerke
Past Site Sponsor

Old 08-27-2008, 08:07 AM   #9
Omar@ActiveAutowerke
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3-QTR View Post
Sounds good !

What's that exhaust ?
It has the Active Autowerke Gen 4 Exhaust and our Gen 4 Headers. Stock Midsection.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:45 AM   #10
jade46

My Ride: 2003 M3,2006 Cat
yo Omar pm me price....for E92 m3
Old 08-27-2008, 08:49 AM   #11
Omar@ActiveAutowerke
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADE46 View Post
yo Omar pm me price....for E92 m3
You have been pm'ed.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:11 PM   #12
turboaddiction

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSpired View Post
I didn't even notice that... What's up with that? Did you guys let off? Under promise over deliver?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Active Autowerke View Post
Thanks Mspired.

That is the response? WTF?

I think that it would be better for AA to post that the car did 122mph at the 1000ft mark in the original post to attract more attention toward their product. I mean hell, that is huge.

I would do it again since it definitely seemed you let off early. If you got closer to 130mph trap in the 1/4, you would sell more kits. Sort of common sense to me, but...it's your thread man.

| TRM | The Racers Market | Turbo M3 | 559whp@18psi | Dynojet Confirmed 6-1-2010 |
Old 08-27-2008, 12:19 PM   #13
Omar@ActiveAutowerke
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks Mspired.

That is the response? WTF?

I think that it would be better for AA to post that the car did 122mph at the 1000ft mark in the original post to attract more attention toward their product. I mean hell, that is huge.

I would do it again since it definitely seemed you let off early. If you got closer to 130mph trap in the 1/4, you would sell more kits. Sort of common sense to me, but...it's your thread man.
Cameron,

With all due respect I think you have gotten a little ahead of yourself here on the forums and some of your comments to vendors and other members are somewhat offensive and rude.

As far as the 1/4 on the dyno was concerned it was just that a 1/4 run on a dyno. If you are not in agreement with the dyno run then sorry. Lately you have been using your time to drum up hype for vendors instead of being a normal enthusiast. We shared the clip with the community because at the end of the day we are all enthusiast. Its not only about selling kits,etc. We love cars just as much as they do.

p.s. Congrats on the magazine feature this month.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:42 PM   #14
turboaddiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Active Autowerke View Post
Cameron,

With all due respect I think you have gotten a little ahead of yourself here on the forums and some of your comments to vendors and other members are somewhat offensive and rude.

As far as the 1/4 on the dyno was concerned it was just that a 1/4 run on a dyno. If you are not in agreement with the dyno run then sorry. Lately you have been using your time to drum up hype for vendors instead of being a normal enthusiast. We shared the clip with the community because at the end of the day we are all enthusiast. Its not only about selling kits,etc. We love cars just as much as they do.

p.s. Congrats on the magazine feature this month.
I appreciate you posting the video as an enthusiast. Thank you for doing so. It is always a treat to see any video of an FI BMW. Especially one that is tuned so well and sounds so good!

I apologize if I came across like I was trying to be negative towards AA. I actually was trying to help you but I probably worded it poorly. I am excited that the car trapped 122 at 1000ft even though it was on a Mustang Dyno. I think that is pretty huge and I had just wished it kept going up until the 1/4.

I will be very excited to see what the car does on the actual strip. I do applaud AA for being around so long, supplying well engineered FI systems for the BMW enthusiasts and for giving such great service. Just because I like the HPF product does not mean I don't like any of AA's products. I show respect where it is due. And frankly...Taza's car is absolutely, positively massive! I LOVE IT!

Carry on.

Old 08-27-2008, 05:33 PM   #15
sniperm

My Ride: maxima
so this is the gen5 kit? wat comes with the kit? blower and software?

i have a c16 map from u guys would this work? or i wound need a new map?

04' LSB
sniperm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:34 AM   #16
loayo

My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Simulation

Hey Omar,

Very nice. How does this dyno simulated air drag? Do you put in a drag coefficient ? Obviously this can have some degree of inacuracy correct?

Also, I would make a suggestion to get some track time very early in the morning like around 6AM where there is the most amount of oxygen in the air.
Most Test and Tune times are at night and I am sure if run in the morning times would be better. If you notice magazine car tests they run many times early in the morning.

All the best !

Regards,
Loay

2001///M3/PowerchipGroup/Eisenmann/Race Flow S-Pipes/AFe Stage II/AutoSolutions/ZCPs/NGK Ir/ULF/JL Audio Amp/Sub/Clutch-Stop 12.8" 1/4mi
1990 Honda Civic DX Hatch B18c1(GSR)/CAI/Greddy Exhaust/DC Sport/H&R/Suspension Techniques/Tanabe/KDWs/Pulstar/Apex Blue Pearl from 2008 S2K CR 14" 1/4mi
2002 Odyssey EX - Secret Weapon R/Pulstar/CAI 15" 1/4mi
2011 Camry V6 SE - Uper Optik 14" 1/4mi
2001 330ci Dinan S1 [Sold]
loayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 06:21 PM   #17
ctsvkilla

My Ride: E46 M3
how much does the kit weigh?

Last edited by ctsvkilla; 09-02-2008 at 05:33 PM.
ctsvkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:33 PM   #18
ctsvkilla

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsvkilla View Post
how much does the kit weigh?
can someone answer my question?!?!
ctsvkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:38 PM   #19
black323i1981

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323i Sedan
Send a message via MSN to black323i1981
how much for a e46 323i. Omar pm me a price on a kit and what i sould expect from it please
18" chromes
P46 with 6000k HID and 30 led angels (pictures coming soon)
6000k HID Fogs
Magnaflow exhaust 2nd resonator delete
Poly bushings all around
Cold air intake
Sport seats
Sport suspension
JVC KD-NX5000 DVD GPS single din
7" screen replaced sunglass holder and ashtray
12" Rockford P3
Eclipse 7122 mono class D amp
black323i1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:50 PM   #20
johnjohnsonS54

My Ride: e46 M3
I love the look of this kit......very interested in seeing some real world comparisons with VF stage 2 and hpf (pump setting) cars. Does anyone on the forums own one of these kits yet? Not sure if they're for sale to the general public at this time?
johnjohnsonS54 is offline   Reply With Quote