E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2008, 02:18 PM   #21
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIZ323 View Post
Join the revolution! Marriage is for women.

http://happybachelors.proboards102.com/index.cgi
That website is laughable.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:46 PM   #22
cancell

My Ride: 2000 323i
Send a message via AIM to cancell Send a message via MSN to cancell
^ Most parts are full of women-hating but this post makes alot of good points

The lesser we know...the more they fabricate...the easier it is to sell souls
There is a new price on freedom, so buy into it while supplies last.
We've unified over who to kill, so until I find more relevant scripture to quote...
remember, our god is bigger, stronger, smarter, and much wealthier.
So wave those flags with pride... It's the makeshift patriot.
cancell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:54 PM   #23
markf

My Ride: is played out
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDon View Post
for juts pennies a day, you too could sponsor a child in a 3rd world country! Instead of adopting, you could sponsor a whole damn village....maybe they'd erect a statue of you in your honor, would be easier and probably cheaper to donate some cash to a needy village someplace? Then you wouldn't have to put the effort into caring for the kids? Just provide the financial support.
OT....can you recommend some websites or organizations that do this? those "sponsor a child" commercials on tv break my heart every time.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:54 PM   #24
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmtdriver View Post
Can this be done? Its a path that seems enticing to me: Own my own house, focus on my career, shamelessly dump $$ on toys/investments, always enjoy good company, travel, etc.

Perhaps live out my 20's, having as much fun as I can with close friends and family members while focusing on my career. Once my career is established in my 30's, I'll perhaps adopt 2 babies and raise them.

Grow older (50's), and THEN maybe find a lady for companionship, while my kids are off to college getting their own lives started.

All the while, I won't have to worry about fighting a downhill battle towards maintaining a marriage/serious relationship during my prime years.

just some thoughts, nothing serious. What do you all think?
Just two thoughts:

1) If you can't maintain a serious relationship/marriage, then maybe you should reconsider the parenting thing--being a parent is a lot harder than being a spouse, IMHO.

2) By the time you are in your 30s you'll be too old to keep up with a pair of toddlers--especially on your own.

VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:16 AM   #25
Caveman
:|

My Ride: has wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
Just two thoughts:

1) If you can't maintain a serious relationship/marriage, then maybe you should reconsider the parenting thing--being a parent is a lot harder than being a spouse, IMHO.

2) By the time you are in your 30s you'll be too old to keep up with a pair of toddlers--especially on your own.

speaking from experience he is
Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote