E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-06-2008, 12:30 AM   #1
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i
Smile What is HorsepowerFreaks Working on Now? - new details here

Now that we've dialed in 4 stages of turbo systems, (1, 2, 2.5 and 3) you guys might be wondering what we're working on now. Since I've had a few drinks, I figured I'd tell you since I'm pretty excited about it.

We're working on the next stage. My car is getting a new fuel system next week and we're turning up the power in excess of 900rwhp (1100bhp). You've probably seen many HPF stage 3 races where the cars fall behind at 80mph due to traction issues only to come back hard at 140mph. No more with our new stage 4. This stage will utilize speed based boost control. Boost will increase progressively providing the maximum boost the tires can handle at low speeds increasing progressively until the tires can handle full power at the higher speeds. This will allow the driver to floor it at any speed at get the correct amount of power and the maximum amount of acceleration. In the event that wheel spin occurs, our EMS will also initiation our own traction control that has 5 different sensitivity settings controlled from the cabin. This traction control is unlike any other traction control system on the market today. You will not here a popping sound from the exhaust from ignition cut, and it will not pull back the throttle. It is an ingenious traction control system that JP has developed. With our traction control you won't hear it at all, in fact you won't even feel it. It will decrease power immediately to prevent wheel spin but will do so in a very smooth fashion. With this setup, you can also leave BMW's traction and stability control on. That will allow the driver to nail the throttle at the apex of the corner and have the power come on evenly without spinning the tires or losing control. All three mechanisms when dialed in properly for the tires the owner is using and the road conditions should allow our customers to dominate at the track.

This is an exciting time for the M3 and an exciting time for us. Creating these new products allows us to continue to push the envelope and we'll continue to push it until we've reached the top. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress and post up pictures and dyno graphs and videos of all of this in action. The next videos you see of my car will not be of it playing catch up!!!

Take care,
Chris.
HPF Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:48 AM   #2
///Mikey

My Ride: 2006 M3 ZCP
Send a message via AIM to ///Mikey
Quality work!

| Nitto NT05 | RE 15mm Front Spacers | Borla V2 Midpipe | Agency Power Muffler | V-CSL Double-Sided Boot lid | V-CSL Diffuser | EAS Blackout Grills/Gills | EAS Aurora | Depo Smoked Corners | Depo Smoked Sidemarkers | Lamin-x Smoked Taillights |

///Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 02:06 AM   #3
HiRide

My Ride: 2002 M3 CB/Cinn
Holy Crap!!! You guys are just a few nuts amd bolts short of creating a whole new car... might be worth looking into

Have any of the STG 3 cars run larger than stock wheels and sticky tires yet? Seems like they blow all their cash on the kit and then run around on 9 inch wide rims..

How bad is the traction loss on any of the STG 3's that are running 10in or wider rims? Still pretty bad?

"If everything seems in control, you're not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti
“When I raced a car last it was at a time when sex was safe and racing was dangerous. Now, it’s the other way round.”
- Hans Stuck
"Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines"
- Enzo Ferrari

HiRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 03:38 AM   #4
Ervin87

My Ride: E92 M3 | S4 | E30
Send a message via AIM to Ervin87
Wow. Great news. Will this be something that all stages will be able to have?

Ervin (Bay Area Detailer)
Ervin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 07:50 AM   #5
ice330ci05

My Ride: 2005 330ci
it all sounds GOOD, but what are the plans for the 330?
Old 09-06-2008, 08:49 AM   #6
zeshon

My Ride: S/C 2000 328Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice330ci05 View Post
To mention that there may be something in the works for them.

Favorite sponsors
Bavarian Soundwerks | Euro Spec

Mods : Performance : Active Autowerkes Stage 1 C38 • New Subframe and TMS Rear Re-Enforcements • Upgraded VANOS seals • M3 Fuel Baffle • KW V2 • ZHP Control Arms • E60 Short Shifter • Sound : Bavarian Soundwereks Stage 2 • DICE iPod Link • Looks : Replica M3 Mirrors • Replica M3 Front Bumper • Matte Black Grillz • LED Signals
zeshon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 08:57 AM   #7
SmoKeNfLY

My Ride: AW ///M3 & SLK350
Why spend more and buy a e92 when you can get a hpf stage 1,2,2.5, etc? I'm all on board with hpf. Now I just gotta decide which body part I need least.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:10 AM   #8
05SCM3

My Ride: Depends on my mood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervin87 View Post
Wow. Great news. Will this be something that all stages will be able to have?
Yes, Chris - do tell! I presume this is the case as all your stages are impacted to varying degrees with this traction issue. If you need to, have a cocktail and let the beans spill.
05SCM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:34 AM   #9
supersickbimmer

My Ride: 617rwhp M3
Cool, I was looking into the racelogic traction control system and now your coming out with this. Very exciting.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:32 PM   #10
AMG-ETR

My Ride: S54B32 On Boost
Send a message via MSN to AMG-ETR
very nice Chris!

AMG-ETR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 02:02 PM   #11
Custom3

My Ride: HellRot 330CI
I thought you guys were already on top

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Chris View Post
Now that we've dialed in 4 stages of turbo systems, (1, 2, 2.5 and 3) you guys might be wondering what we're working on now. Since I've had a few drinks, I figured I'd tell you since I'm pretty excited about it.

We're working on the next stage. My car is getting a new fuel system next week and we're turning up the power in excess of 900rwhp (1100bhp). You've probably seen many HPF stage 3 races where the cars fall behind at 80mph due to traction issues only to come back hard at 140mph. No more with our new stage 4. This stage will utilize speed based boost control. Boost will increase progressively providing the maximum boost the tires can handle at low speeds increasing progressively until the tires can handle full power at the higher speeds. This will allow the driver to floor it at any speed at get the correct amount of power and the maximum amount of acceleration. In the event that wheel spin occurs, our EMS will also initiation our own traction control that has 5 different sensitivity settings controlled from the cabin. This traction control is unlike any other traction control system on the market today. You will not here a popping sound from the exhaust from ignition cut, and it will not pull back the throttle. It is an ingenious traction control system that JP has developed. With our traction control you won't hear it at all, in fact you won't even feel it. It will decrease power immediately to prevent wheel spin but will do so in a very smooth fashion. With this setup, you can also leave BMW's traction and stability control on. That will allow the driver to nail the throttle at the apex of the corner and have the power come on evenly without spinning the tires or losing control. All three mechanisms when dialed in properly for the tires the owner is using and the road conditions should allow our customers to dominate at the track.

This is an exciting time for the M3 and an exciting time for us. Creating these new products allows us to continue to push the envelope and we'll continue to push it until we've reached the top. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress and post up pictures and dyno graphs and videos of all of this in action. The next videos you see of my car will not be of it playing catch up!!!

Take care,
Chris.
Custom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 02:02 PM   #12
KamPow3r

My Ride: ....
Chris, its good to hear all the accomplishments and new goals you and your team set for the BMW Enthusiats, not only I but we all look forward to your postings, videos, etc.

Furthemore, I was wondering what is the news and status of the e39 M5 Kits? I know you mentioned it was on hold until MFest is over. Reason I ask, I am highly interested in seeing what you have to offer and the performance it will make becuase not only will I be shipping my M3 to you, I also will be shipping my M5 as well.

I just can't wait when I come to pick up both the M3 and M5 with the HPF Kits.

Thanks!
Old 09-06-2008, 02:03 PM   #13
Custom3

My Ride: HellRot 330CI
none...lol
Probably will be to busy working on the new M3 that our 330s wont be getting any love

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice330ci05 View Post
Custom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 02:27 PM   #14
///M3Turk

My Ride: M6 ,X5, R6, M5, M3
Send a message via AIM to ///M3Turk Send a message via MSN to ///M3Turk

Firat
///M3Turk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 03:35 PM   #15
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamPow3r View Post
Chris, its good to hear all the accomplishments and new goals you and your team set for the BMW Enthusiats, not only I but we all look forward to your postings, videos, etc.

Furthemore, I was wondering what is the news and status of the e39 M5 Kits? I know you mentioned it was on hold until MFest is over. Reason I ask, I am highly interested in seeing what you have to offer and the performance it will make becuase not only will I be shipping my M3 to you, I also will be shipping my M5 as well.

I just can't wait when I come to pick up both the M3 and M5 with the HPF Kits.

Thanks!
We have much of the M5 twin turbo kit designed. However... There's so much money to be spent from the design standpoint to get to full production that I have been questioning whether it would be better to do the 330i kit next.

The reason we're still pushing the M3 is because I want "BIG" exposure and the only way to do it is with a crazy car with mad numbers that can handle like it's on rails. I am going after shows, magazines, tuner competitions and ultimately tv. Once our car is at stage 4, then my engineers will begin the 330i development. Once those kits start rolling out, then we'll switch back to the M5. There are just too many 330 customers waiting for turbos.

Take care,
Chris.
HPF Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:03 PM   #16
azjimi

My Ride: '02 M3 coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Chris View Post
The reason we're still pushing the M3 is because I want "BIG" exposure and the only way to do it is with a crazy car with mad numbers that can handle like it's on rails. I am going after shows, magazines, tuner competitions and ultimately tv.
I like your goals....especially that your car will not be just a straightliner.
VF Stage 2 S/C, Om Scorza exhaust, Stett Performance headers, Custom Performance Rasp Eliminator and Race Cats, GTR hood, 19" SSR GT3's, Bridgestone RE-11's, PSS9 coilovers, Eibach Sways, Powerflex RTABS, Angel Eyes, Smoked Depos

azjimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:07 PM   #17
turboaddiction

My Ride: Turbo M3
Well there you have it. Great news for the 330 guys!

| TRM | The Racers Market | Turbo M3 | 559whp@18psi | Dynojet Confirmed 6-1-2010 |
| The Truth Shall Set You Free! | It's Good To Have Her Back! |
turboaddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:08 PM   #18
SPDu4ea

My Ride: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboaddiction View Post
Well there you have it. Great news for the 330 guys!
Buys your biz some time to weather this storm, I guess...
SPDu4ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:28 PM   #19
SPDu4ea

My Ride: .
Chris -- any update on the RHD M3 that shipped out to you guys a month or so back?
SPDu4ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:31 PM   #20
MSpired

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.5 e46 M3
Send a message via AIM to MSpired Send a message via MSN to MSpired Send a message via Yahoo to MSpired
This sounds pretty sick! Can't wait to see your car on some time attacks, etc...