E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking

Suspension & Braking
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2008, 04:20 AM   #1
2K2E46

My Ride: 325Ci, 328is
considering new brakes

hey guys...need your opinion.

ive been always using oem brakes...but im considering getting something else...im not looking for a big brake kit or anything like that b/c

a) my 325 is not modded - not a whole lot of power
b) i dont have that kinda money to spend

what else is out there...what do you guys use.

i heard that non OEM brakes are louder...is that true?

are there better brakes out there that cost less than Oem?

thanks
2K2E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:29 PM   #2
Chris-TK

My Ride: Mk VI GTI
There are a few options that you can go. Some people complain that aftermarket pads give up some of the bite that OEM pads have and some have a tendency to squeal. You could always just get a full OEM replacement from Tischer (getbmwparts.com) for $250 per axle which includes, pads, rotors and sensors. Or you could upgrade and get either Brembo OEM cross drilled replacements from ModBargains for $170 a pair and match them with some aftermarket pads like Hawks or Akebono Euro Ceramics. You could also go to Turner and get some either OEM replacement cross drileld or slotted rotors and match them with a pad as well. Basically if you're not really going to track the car, nor do you really care about modding then I'd stick with OEM pads and rotors.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:10 AM   #3
ModBargains
Sponsor

My Ride: E30 325e & E46 ZHP
For people that do not want to upgrade to a big brake kit, Stoptech has put together the Stoptech Stage 2 Upgrade Kit. It features Stoptech direct replacement rotors front and rear (drilled and slotted to choose from), Axxis brake pads front and rear, StopTech stainless steel brake Lines front and rear, and three bottles of Motul RBF600 synthetic brake fluid. We have sold many of these kits and have had nothing but great responses from our customers. Let me know if you would like a full quote for a set.

Elliot Goodman|Elliott@ModBargains.com|(714) 582-3330 ext. 8009
We Specialize In:
BMW Brakes | BMW Suspension | BMW Parts | BMW Exhaust Experts | BMW Tail Lights |
BMW Wheels | BMW Intake
Hours
: Mon - Fri 8:00am - 6:00pm / Saturday 8:00am - 5:00pm (PST)
Check out our Blog for updates!
ModBargains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:27 PM   #4
zeshon

My Ride: S/C 2000 328Ci
I'm looking for an option like that, but I haven't heard anything good about axxis pads. Is there anything out.

Favorite sponsors
Bavarian Soundwerks | Euro Spec

Mods : Performance : Active Autowerkes Stage 1 C38 New Subframe and TMS Rear Re-Enforcements Upgraded VANOS seals M3 Fuel Baffle KW V2 ZHP Control Arms E60 Short Shifter Sound : Bavarian Soundwereks Stage 2 DICE iPod Link Looks : Replica M3 Mirrors Replica M3 Front Bumper Matte Black Grillz LED Signals
zeshon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:44 PM   #5
Chris-TK

My Ride: Mk VI GTI
Get Akebono Euro Ceramic pads instead.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:56 PM   #6
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
i went with mike's suggestion on this one and was so glad I did... they fill out the wheel well nicely, brake as well as oem, and get rid of all brake dust issues

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 03:01 PM   #7
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
i went with mike's suggestion on this one and was so glad I did... they fill out the wheel well nicely, brake as well as oem, and get rid of all brake dust issues
wtf are u talking about, fill out the wheels nicely? they are OEM replacement, thus, OEM size. as in, same as before you changed them

sorry, but that doesn't make sense to me, unless you upgraded do a 330 sized rotor and caliper?
Old 09-11-2008, 02:36 PM   #8
Critical_GP

My Ride: '00 BMW 323i SP
Im interested in this package, can you PM me a quote. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModBargains View Post
For people that do not want to upgrade to a big brake kit, Stoptech has put together the Stoptech Stage 2 Upgrade Kit. It features Stoptech direct replacement rotors front and rear (drilled and slotted to choose from), Axxis brake pads front and rear, StopTech stainless steel brake Lines front and rear, and three bottles of Motul RBF600 synthetic brake fluid. We have sold many of these kits and have had nothing but great responses from our customers. Let me know if you would like a full quote for a set.
Critical_GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:07 PM   #9
ModBargains
Sponsor

My Ride: E30 325e & E46 ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical_GP View Post
Im interested in this package, can you PM me a quote. Thanks!
No, problem. On its way......

Elliot Goodman|Elliott@ModBargains.com|(714) 582-3330 ext. 8009
We Specialize In:
BMW Brakes | BMW Suspension | BMW Parts | BMW Exhaust Experts | BMW Tail Lights |
BMW Wheels | BMW Intake
Hours
: Mon - Fri 8:00am - 6:00pm / Saturday 8:00am - 5:00pm (PST)
Check out our Blog for updates!
ModBargains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:19 PM   #10
Arrows

My Ride: 2000 323i.
Send a message via AIM to Arrows Send a message via MSN to Arrows
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsima325 View Post
wtf are u talking about, fill out the wheels nicely? they are OEM replacement, thus, OEM size. as in, same as before you changed them

sorry, but that doesn't make sense to me, unless you upgraded do a 330 sized rotor and caliper?
Exactly what I was thinking.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:21 AM   #11
fcruz3r

My Ride: Skyline V35
i'm currently running pbr ult's. ...no complaints here. Braking is as good as the OEM pads and dust is a lot less. If you never see the track with your car, then NEVER EVER get the EBC Greenstuff. They leave nasty black deposits on the rotor and would cause horrible brake judder.
fcruz3r is offline   Reply With Quote