E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 11:24 AM   #1
Deadshot

My Ride: 04' BMW 325i
Question 325i boost

hey guys so i have a 04' 325i auto, yeah i know i should of got a manual but the deal on this car was too good to pass by so i bought it and a M3 is way out of my budget. So i was wondering are there any mods i can do to improve hp and torque on it? i mean i know i wont get much improvement because its auto but i still want to be a little bit faster. Doesnt anyone know what the max i can peak out on performance and torque on an auto 325i? thanks!
Deadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:47 AM   #2
Chris-TK

My Ride: Mk VI GTI
There are only small mods that you can do to improve hp without forced induction.

Exhaust and cold air intake will yield minimal results. Headers will get your a bit more around 15hp. The best and cheapest way to get hp/torque is forced induction, don't even waste your time with the other small performance mods if you really want it to be faster.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:44 AM   #3
fndrh1st

My Ride: 01 325i
do things like headers, cold air intake, and exhaust even yield ANY noticeable differences when driving?
Old 09-15-2008, 03:00 AM   #4
Chris-TK

Quote:
Originally Posted by fndrh1st View Post
do things like headers, cold air intake, and exhaust even yield ANY noticeable differences when driving?
Yes they're noticeable in the low and high ends. But if you want REAL power you have to go forced induction.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:03 PM   #5
Sev21

My Ride: 01' 325i (zf trans)
well how about modding a 98 3 manual with an 01-04 auto 3? simsima told deadshot that it would be better to have a manual 325/30 for any mods to be realize (felt). is this true and if so, how come the manual would yeild better performance from the upgrades?
Sev21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:33 PM   #6
Asbjorn@ESS
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: Anything Fast
Headers make minimal difference below 300rwhp on the M54, stock airbox on the 325 is very good.
Asbjorn@ESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 08:47 PM   #7
pbfanatic321

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by christkharris View Post
There are only small mods that you can do to improve hp without forced induction.

Exhaust and cold air intake will yield minimal results. Headers will get your a bit more around 15hp. The best and cheapest way to get hp/torque is forced induction, don't even waste your time with the other small performance mods if you really want it to be faster.
Sorry for this really bad question but whats forced induction?
pbfanatic321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:04 PM   #8
Chris-TK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbfanatic321 View Post
Sorry for this really bad question but whats forced induction?
Forced induction = supercharger or turbocharger
NA = naturally aspirated, not forced induction