E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Food Talk

Food Talk
Do you like food? If so, you came to the right off-topic section. Discuss your favorite food topics here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-15-2008, 10:47 AM   #21
Ghostie

My Ride: What else?
went there a few years ago cause I was trying to impress my date........burnt my steak + boring selection of sides = never going there again
Ghostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:38 AM   #22
Wreckless

My Ride: E60 528xi
It's not in Bmore, but if you're willing to make the trip to DC Def go to Bobby Vans.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:39 AM   #23
Blade929

My Ride: ///M
Send a message via MSN to Blade929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
Trying to find a place to go out to dinner for my father's birthday next week and would like to go to a nice steakhouse, which I haven't really been able to find in baltimore, md (charleston, sc was much much better and local places were superb )

Thinking about trying The Capital Grille and was wondering who has been there before. I have also been to all the other big chain steakhouses, please do not say Ruth Chris, I can't stand it there, steaks drowned in butter which are very fair aren't my first choice. Also have been to Mortons, Flemings, Shulas steakhouse and the Prime Rib Room(which is very good but we also seem to go there)

Was just wondering what peoples opinions were on The Capital Grille or if anybody had any other suggestions for places in Baltimore, MD.

Thanks

Adam

Jordan's in Ellicott City is good and has a very good atmosphere. http://www.jordanssteakhouse.com/index.html I also like Oregon Grill.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:23 PM   #24
itsablurr

My Ride: '01 M Roadster
Capital Grille is good if you're looking for a consistently decent steak, and are unfamiliar with what else is offered in your vicinity. I've been to a number of them, and countless others across the US

For the price, personally, I demand a bit more in quality of cut and preparation. In any major city, you can and will definitley find places that are superior at a similar premium price point.

Capital Grille is very good, but not outstanding amongst premium steakhouses. If you do not know the area and just want a decent steak in a very nice atmosphere without having to do a ton of homework, go for it.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:40 PM   #25
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade929 View Post
Adam

Jordan's in Ellicott City is good and has a very good atmosphere. http://www.jordanssteakhouse.com/index.html I also like Oregon Grill.
I have heard good things about jordans and bad things. A lot of people say its very hit or miss depending on who is running the kitchen that night wish I knew a good night to go there ha ha I also want to try Oregon grill but the rents don't love it there definitely going to try it soon.
Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:43 PM   #26
X5Michelle

My Ride: E53 4.4i
Send a message via AIM to X5Michelle
The Oregon Grille > Capital Grille
Old 10-15-2008, 12:52 PM   #27
Blade929

My Ride: ///M
Send a message via MSN to Blade929
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5worldMichelle View Post
The Oregon Grille > Capital Grille
only "problem" with Oregon Grille is the crowd tends to be 20 years older than my wife and I. Food is very good though.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:55 PM   #28
FloridaE46

My Ride: *****
I'm a huge steak snob.. that being said I frequent the Capitol Grill in Orlando, they have some damn good dry aged steaks..

FloridaE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:16 PM   #29
huyner328
Bradolf Pittler

My Ride: E90 ///M3, E30 325ic
Send a message via AIM to huyner328
Porcini Rubbed Delmonico steak FOR THE F'IN WIN.

Fogo de Chau in D.C. is a great spot as well.
huyner328 is offline   Reply With Quote