E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 10:06 AM   #1
zoidberg

My Ride: 02 325ci.
Sunroof Removal.

Lately ive been having some problems with my sunroof. First the sliding assembly would catch the sunvisor and i could hear cracking. I fixed that by removing the glass and putting the sun visor back on track. Couple months later i open my sun roof and right before it opens all the way i hear it get put under strain and it stops and goes the other way for an inch and stops. My best guess is that there is something that needs to be lubed or replaced or cleaned or something along those lines all the way in the back of the sunroof assembly. However theres no acces to this part of the sunroof due to the fact that its in the car roof.

How do you remove the whole sunroof assembly/frame?
zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:01 PM   #2
fashionman0228

My Ride: Just a BMW
Your are going to have to remove the pillars first to assure that you have no restrictions removing the headliner... If you dont remove them you might bend and crack the headliner. For the "C Pillar" you have to remove the light first and then remove the screw that is holding it. Once you remove all of the pillars, clips, and screws, you have to remove the 3rd brake light (if yo have one) and the sun visors. Also make sure to disconnect all the wires to all lights in the pillars and the sunvisors... You also have to remove the lights on top of the sun visors that clip on the head liner and also disconnect them. You also have to remove the screws from the cloths hooks and the hand rest strap, and the screw in the front beind the map light (which means you also have to remove the map light to get to it. Once that screw is out your headliner will fall in the front. You should have someone just hold it in place once this screw comes out so the headliner doesn't bend and while that is being held then remove the clip that needs to be pulled out at the rear of the headliner in middle. Once that is pulled out then your headliner should be completely loose and ready to be taken out of the car. Once this is done your entire sunroof assembly should be accessable to you! Hope this helped...

fashionman0228 is offline   Reply With Quote