E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 12:29 PM   #21
nleksan

My Ride: 328Ci, 325i, 740i
Send a message via AIM to nleksan
Some N/A performance products have little to no kick, that's true. However, if you really want to do it right, you can have a NICE N/A machine that won't make you regret skipping the boost. Go with an AFE intake, Dinan TB (used), headers, straight-pipes, Magnaflow or Random Technology hi-flow Cats, 1 set of aftermarket silencers on your exhaust, AA Gen3/4 muffler, EvoSport Pulleys, Stage2 Schrick Cams (gain lots up top, lose a teeny tiny bit down low), Schrick Valve Springs and Retainers, Dinan Transmission Software, Conforti engine software, Stage2 Clutch and 8.5lb aluminum flywheel. Throw in a 3.64 Quaife LSD and you'll be pulling harder than a ZHP for sure, and you're an automatic!

It'll be expensive, but you don't have to worry about blowing your tranny.

Oh, shi... NVM the LTW Flywheel and Stage2 clutch... forgot you're an auto. Instead, look at having a custom Carbon Fiber driveshaft made. That will reduce unsprung mass a LOT.

Or, you could just do an ESS TSE2. Your call, same amount of money either way.

With that NA set-up, you could get maybe 245hp. With an ESS TSE2, you'll get 320hp.

- DPE - Apex - BBS - PFC 6/4 2pc BBK - KW Clubsport - PowerFlex -
- M-Tech - Rogue Engineering - Ground Control - Odyssey -
- Hotchkis - AFE - UUC - AKG - Dinan - VAC - TC Kline -
- TMS - OS Giken - SuperSprint - Vorsteiner - Recaro - Samco - Fluidyne - MORE! -
GARAGE:
- 2000 328Ci Topaz 6MT-Swap ZSP/ZPP/ZCW/HID/HK (Street/Track)
- 2001 325i TiAg 5MT/ZSP/ZCW (Street)
- 2006 M3 ZCP AW/IR 6MT/ZCP/HID (Street)
nleksan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:48 PM   #22
Bimmer Dude Xi

My Ride: 03 325XI 07 ZX-6R
Send a message via AIM to Bimmer Dude Xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by nleksan View Post
Some N/A performance products have little to no kick, that's true. However, if you really want to do it right, you can have a NICE N/A machine that won't make you regret skipping the boost. Go with an AFE intake, Dinan TB (used), headers, straight-pipes, Magnaflow or Random Technology hi-flow Cats, 1 set of aftermarket silencers on your exhaust, AA Gen3/4 muffler, EvoSport Pulleys, Stage2 Schrick Cams (gain lots up top, lose a teeny tiny bit down low), Schrick Valve Springs and Retainers, Dinan Transmission Software, Conforti engine software, Stage2 Clutch and 8.5lb aluminum flywheel. Throw in a 3.64 Quaife LSD and you'll be pulling harder than a ZHP for sure, and you're an automatic!

It'll be expensive, but you don't have to worry about blowing your tranny.

Oh, shi... NVM the LTW Flywheel and Stage2 clutch... forgot you're an auto. Instead, look at having a custom Carbon Fiber driveshaft made. That will reduce unsprung mass a LOT.

Or, you could just do an ESS TSE2. Your call, same amount of money either way.

With that NA set-up, you could get maybe 245hp. With an ESS TSE2, you'll get 320hp.
Pretty much, what you mention is what I'm looking to do. I also plan swap out my intake manifold with one from a 330. Along with that I hope to get the intake pipe and MAF. Top end I'll do last along with headers (right now I have UUC TSE3). That'll be the most expensive(top end). As far LSD, I'm a lil stumped because I have the XI model.

|Dinan High Flow Air Box|Eibach Pro Kit|Koni Sport|UUC Strut Barbarian|UUC TSE3|UUC Underdrive Pulleys|18" VMR V710|

|BMC Race Air Filter|CRG Spectrum Levers| Galfer Steel Braided Brake Lines|Volar Motorsport Spiked Frame & Bar-end Sliders|
Bimmer Dude Xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:21 AM   #23
DINxiAN

My Ride: Is black
I found that my stage 3 became more pronounced with cams and headers.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:28 AM   #24
DINxiAN

Oh and my ltw5's
Carbon fiber hood and trunk lid
Gutted trunk
Cut off spare tire compartment.
Fan delete mod
Corbeau A4's seats
Under drive pulleys
And my Lightweight exhaust system.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:24 PM   #25
timcp

My Ride: 01' 325i steptronic
Quote:
Originally Posted by netengwiz View Post
I know that sounds weird, but my first thought was "this is how it shoulda felt straight from the factory".
Did it feel this way at part throttle like when you just take off casually down the road. Or did you think that at full throttle?
timcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:07 AM   #26
330i ZHP

My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
you bumped a four year old thread?
Old 12-23-2012, 11:31 PM   #27
DINxiAN

Damn right I did.