E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-28-2008, 12:53 PM   #61
dreamdrivedrift

My Ride: 99 M3 & 95 325i
Send a message via AIM to dreamdrivedrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
nope i just cant find anyone that match her and want me
don't worry about the finding part.

do what you like to do, hang out with friends, whatever. it'll take your mind off things and give you an opportunity to do things you like...

if you see a girl you might be interested in, sure talk to her, but don't go out of your way just to look for girls for a new relationship
Old 08-27-2008, 02:34 AM   #62
bye53

My Ride: 330ci
MY .02 :

1. Follow his advice
2. include strip club, and treat yourself vip room
3. get new pun
4. get new pun
5. get new pun
bye53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:38 AM   #63
Novare330

My Ride: AA s/c AMBULAMPS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bye53 View Post
MY .02 :

1. Follow his advice
2. include strip club, and treat yourself vip room
3. get new pun
4. get new pun
5. get new pun
hahaha revision...

1. follow my advice
2. GO TO A PARTY OR CLUB AND GET FREE POON
3. get more poon
4. get more poon
5. get more poon

strip clubs are fun, but strip club as a way to get over a break up when youre emotionally wrecked and not thinking straight is a "no no"

those girls are pros, when a guy walks in there who is depressed and needs to "get over something", its like blood in the water for sharks, they will flirt, compliment, tease and take advantage of your emotional and mental vulnerability so that you will keep paying them for their company, until your wallet is empty

to me, thats destructive behavior, not to yourself, but to your wallet and/or bank account, which is pretty bad as well lol

go out and meet new girls, dont pay for them, girls you meet for free would probably be the ones that will stay longer and will be the ones that u wanna keep around anyways lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbworld View Post
Need some opinion. Stock Titanium Silver coupe without spoiler, using the 2 Fast 2 furious skyline vinyl scheme. What do you think, do it or not? plus, i think it would look better then what most car members have here.
Novare330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:04 AM   #64
AnooooOH

My Ride: 130i
Send a message via ICQ to AnooooOH
I usually go out and get the next girl.
I meet with several woman or with my friends.
Whenever I think of my ex and get sad I think of all the **** she did.
Then I think what a b*tch and it`s all good!

Philipp
AnooooOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:13 AM   #65
Squeak

My Ride: M3 -> 135
Send a message via AIM to Squeak
use full good write up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
i'd rather be gapless with no bulge
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_BoyInBayArea View Post
lol.
i definitely like my car dropped and gapless with no bulge.
Squeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 06:36 AM   #66
Adriano323

My Ride: Wants to be an M3
Awesome Thread. Thank you for the great advice. Me and my ex broke up about 3 months ago and its been the worst time of my life. We were young when we met and were eachothers first love and been going out for 3 years.
Im unsure on what to do because she did not cheat on me or anything, she says she fell out of love and ultimately as she was treating me worst and worst, i broke up with her, but never thought it was going to be for good and i still love her. she got over it very quickly and that i think hurt the most, we still talk and i want to be friends with her because i still love her and care about her, but im so confused if i should tell her i dont want to have anything to do with her anymore or be friends. i dont want her out of my life and she wants me there too, i just dont know what to do.
Any advice? Anyone went throught the same thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novare330 View Post

3) CUT HER OFF - this is a biggie, and perhaps the toughest but most effective way towards feeling better. for me, i really cared about her, alot, and i still had feelings for her, and because of that, it was the hardest thing for me to do when she asked if i still wanted to be friends, and for me to tell her no and walk away. this may seem immature, but its definitely not, if your feelings for her remain, watching her see other guys, date around, and be with another guy will be torture, being around her and knowing that you will never have what you had with her before will eat a hole through you, man up, in this situation, its ok to be selfish, and look out for you and your own well being, dont put yourself in the situation where you torture yourself just because you cant let go of your feelings for her, know that she never reciprocated the feelings, and because of that, convince yourself that she doesnt deserve someone like you that cares for her, realize all that you have to offer her, and say **** it, she doesnt deserve it, and there is going to be another girl down the road that will appreciate you for all that you do and all that you have to offer, and its time to take the next step towards finding that girl.
Adriano323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:33 AM   #67
USDphil

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriano323 View Post
Awesome Thread. Thank you for the great advice. Me and my ex broke up about 3 months ago and its been the worst time of my life. We were young when we met and were eachothers first love and been going out for 3 years.
Im unsure on what to do because she did not cheat on me or anything, she says she fell out of love and ultimately as she was treating me worst and worst, i broke up with her, but never thought it was going to be for good and i still love her. she got over it very quickly and that i think hurt the most, we still talk and i want to be friends with her because i still love her and care about her, but im so confused if i should tell her i dont want to have anything to do with her anymore or be friends. i dont want her out of my life and she wants me there too, i just dont know what to do.
Any advice? Anyone went throught the same thing?
Hey bud, first, you might want to check out the thread I started the other day EX GF ISSUES...need advice!"

You kind of sound like you're in a similar situation as me as far as still having feelings for her. To be completely honest, if you still have feelings for her, talking to her and still being her "friend" is probably one of the worst things for you. A) You won't get back together with her if you do that, and if that's actually your intention; and B) it will just mess with your emotions talking to her regularly but not having the oldthings that came with the relationship.

Just based from the short post you made, I do NOT think you should get back together with her....or at least not for a WHILE (and I mean months+). If she said she's fallen out of love with you, then she means it. And that just means that if you do get back together with her, you'll be setting yourself up for the exact same situation you are in now...and that's NOT GOOD.

This is what I'm doing right now (and I do get the feeling of wanting to be back with her like you), so take it for what its worth.
1) Stop thinking about "getting back together": Right now, the relationship isn't working. Will it in the future? No one knows, but that really doesn't matter right now. I'm making my best effort to IGNORE all thoughts of relationship/breakup. The moment you think about her, you have a choice: IMMEDIATELY think abut something else and refuse to let yourself dwell, or give in and get all AND if you do happen to fall into the trap of thinking about her, think about the negatives. Not saying bash the girl in your mind, but remember a few instances where you were disgusted with her. Think about what she did to make you feel like that, think about how you felt, and think about how that is NOT something you want in a woman

2) AVOID all contact I have deleted my ex's #, email, and pictures. The only thing I left is my facebook - I will explain more below regarding "no reactions". All the things that remind you of your ex, remove them from your life. I took the framed pic she gave me of us, I opened the dumpster, and I threw that **** as HARD as I could, along with everything else I owned that reminded me of her. The last thing you want is to be walking around your house/on your comp., etc and have something remind you of her. If you come upon something like that, get rid of it ASAP. If you can't get rid of it, then just push the thought of her OUT! I know its hard, but you got to

3)No Reactions My ex started putting dumb **** on her facebook as to which I can almost guarantee were directed solely at getting a reaction out of me. (i.e. she's now "Single"). These acts are immature and dramatic. Dont respond, don't give-in, and really, avoid even looking for them! I didn't put "single" on my facebook, I didn't put some stupid status, or vent with some "blog" for her to see (she doesn't knw about e46 ). Nothing dude. Don't let her see you do anything that shows the effect she's having on you. Act like everything she does has ZERO effect on you. Not only will it make her feel dumb, but it will give you an EGO boost and start making you think, "wait...this stuff really doesn't have that much of an effect on me". I didn't delete pics of us off facebook, I didn't block her, nothing like that. As long as you can control yourself from looking, it will make you feel better, and make you the bigger person. And as time goes she will probably try to make bigger efforts to get a reaction out of you (i.e. posting a pic for you to see of her and another guys). One, you shouldn't be looking! Two, DO NOT REACT. The moment you react, you set yourself back in your own mind, and you have simply given in to her games. NO REACTIONS

4) Preoccupy!!! Like the original post said, just preoccupy yourself. I'm in the middle of law school finals so I'm trying to put all my energy towards studying. Go to the gym (SOOO theraputic), grab some food with buddies, go buy some magazines, rent a movie, anything. Just don't be idle!

5)LAST: NO NEGATIVITY If you do in fact talk to her (which you really shouldn't, at least until your feelings have subsided - and defintely no in-person stuff...stay away from actually beng around her!), don't be negative. Don't be an @sshole to her, but also dont be a p-ssy. Don't talk about your "relationship", or getting back together. Don't be snide or act bitter. If you act as though you're still happy and enjoying life (without her!) it will send her for a mind f uck, make you feel better about yourself, and make you the bigger person.

If you want to get back together with her, or be completely done with it, this will work for both I think. But like I said, you should NOT be thinking about getting back together. If anything, this is time for YOU to see if you are happier without her, or if you see other qualities in girls that you want in a wifey. You may love your ex, but you may just start talking to new girls and realize there are some qualities she's missing that you never realized you wanted. Use this time to grow as a person.

Goodluck bro! Its tough, but its definitely do-able

Last edited by USDphil; 11-30-2008 at 04:38 AM.
USDphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:57 AM   #68
Adriano323

My Ride: Wants to be an M3
Thank you so much for the advice. I will try and follow it as best as i can.
You guys are great. Thx again
Adriano323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 06:04 AM   #69
rawritsjoe

My Ride: 330I
goood stuff, helped me out a lot
rawritsjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:05 PM   #70
JByron

My Ride: Two-wheeled unicycle
lol wow took me 8 months, 5 girls, 6 dates to find another girl I liked enough to call my gf! Yay me! My last gf is 28 (i'm 25), my new one is 21 But she's very mature and chill and I couldn't be happier right now. We just celebrated our 1 month lol
Old 01-15-2009, 09:25 PM   #71
stapler12345

My Ride: Sakhir Orange M6
wow i cannot believe u are dating FJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
I've never heard of a woman wanting more than she actually deserved. Never.
stapler12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:27 PM   #72
JByron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwhype View Post
wow i cannot believe u are dating FJ
lol me neither j/k

close though. my new girl is lebanese After FJ I had to find myself a good middle-eastern girl
Old 01-30-2009, 08:30 PM   #73
JByron

Never been happier than I am right now!! You guys know I'm a little fvcked in the head and my new gf is a perfect match for me haha!! I am on cloud nine right now I love this girl!!

Also found out two days ago my ex (who I broke up with in February '08) is now married to some d-bag she knew back then (implication being she was cheating or at least talking to him as more than friends) but I finally have closure there because I haven't talked to her once since the breakup.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:43 PM   #74
stapler12345

My Ride: Sakhir Orange M6
why? she fvcked up in the head too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
I've never heard of a woman wanting more than she actually deserved. Never.
stapler12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:38 PM   #75
Reno

My Ride: E46 doh!
its been more then 1 years and a half now

i still feel the same way i felt back then

i didnt date anyone since her

i dont think ill ever get over her

she still in my head 24/7

every day, evey min.

she wasnt my GF, but she was everything to me

she still is but too far away now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie View Post
Why arent U answering the questions Mr.Quattro??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
Reno looks like Special Forces Jesus!
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #76
bavdrifter

My Ride: m3
friends, other girls, friends, work...focus on you and making yourself happy before hoping someone else can...It will take time but eventually youll see her out with her new bf in a pink jumpsuit dressed and looking like trash and laugh lol...maybe not you but thats happened to me, youll get over her.
bavdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:45 PM   #77
OrisuE46

My Ride: 325xi
dude that was a good post!

hopefully i can get over this crazy girl soon.
but for some reason i always find myself texting her...even if she doesnt text me back...its reallllly hard actually.

R.I.P

OrisuE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:22 PM   #78
bcs325ci

My Ride: Part out
Wow, that is a very well written write-up. Great advice.
bcs325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:16 PM   #79
s3th

My Ride: 05 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by e36guywantse46 View Post
Very, very good write-up man

My ex and I broke up a few months ago and I still get sad alot but I do my best to keep busy. I'm like you, I workout ALOT!

I also go out every weekend with my bestfriend and pick up new chicks.

I tell ya though, especially on days like sunday nights, it's hard
i'm going threw the same thing. but i don't really try to go pick up new chicks right now.;

500px
s3th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:08 PM   #80
bohemianjsr

My Ride: 2001 325I Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
its been more then 1 years and a half now

i still feel the same way i felt back then

i didnt date anyone since her

i dont think ill ever get over her

she still in my head 24/7

every day, evey min.

she wasnt my GF, but she was everything to me

she still is but too far away now.
It is a year this month for me since my break up from the girl whom I planned to have a family with. We were together for almost 4 years.

I can identify with what you are saying. I still love my ex, probably I always will, and I am sure she will always love me. That doesn't mean we were compatible, or always meant to be together in life. I've dated plenty and banged a lot of women in my past. I have also grown up to know that life is a journey, and it is your life journey.

I will take a guess that there is more to your break up that is preventing you from moving on. do you have hobbies besides your bmw? How is your job? Are you volunteering anywhere? working out? How is your relationship with your family? your friends? Basically You need to look inside and have a gut check on yourself. You first gotta be happy with yourself before another lady can be interested in you. Are you? Find ways to be positive, work on yourself to become a better person and I guarantee you that you will have a new woman in your life that will value you more than the last one. Confidence in yourself is one of the most important assets we have to throw around the opposite sex, it gets you more dating opportunities than what we do, how much we make or what kind of car we drive (hate gold diggers myself.)