E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT

NY / NJ / CT
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
NY NJ CT

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-24-2008, 06:51 PM   #21
SilverStreakTeg

My Ride: 2006 325ci
Wow, from everything you wrote I can tell you do not give the officer any respect, every comment you made against officers sounds like your one of those guys who when you hear the lights and sirens you say, oh not this crap again, then you proceed to tell the officer hes wrong and has no clue what hes doing, btw you cant tell how new the guy is by his badge #. Your tints are 20% and legal limit is 70%, thats your reason for getting pulled over time and time again. BTW any cop needs a tint meter to tell the tint percentage correctly, its putting the nail in the coffin to get the exact percentage. They cant see in your car, and you act like they are at fault for pulling you over, and they are always rookies. Thats very ignorant, they are doing there job and you cant seem to abide by the law, yet its there fault? Take the tints off, stop driving in the HOV lane and you will not get pulled over, its that simple. You state it yourself in your 2nd post that by you asking questions your attempting to challenge the officer, with that speed comment "I was like okay so lets just say 25, correct? ". You really should tape record yourself with how you act to police officer, because I can guarantee you may say you show them respect but you keep talking and making excuses to them and try to challenge their authority.

www.AlbanyAutoGroup.com Sponsored by: DetailedImage.com
SilverStreakTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:03 PM   #22
Fatal Flash

My Ride: '12 RRS, '12 Evoque
i always go like this..." officer have you been eating doughnuts? your eyes look glazed. "

works every time

Fatal Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:05 PM   #23
nypeder

My Ride: e90 325i & 335i
Send a message via AIM to nypeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal Flash View Post
i always go like this..." officer have you been eating doughnuts? your eyes look glazed. "

works every time
nypeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:36 PM   #24
amazzzin

My Ride: ESS E93 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverStreakTeg View Post
Wow, from everything you wrote I can tell you do not give the officer any respect, every comment you made against officers sounds like your one of those guys who when you hear the lights and sirens you say, oh not this crap again, then you proceed to tell the officer hes wrong and has no clue what hes doing, btw you cant tell how new the guy is by his badge #. Your tints are 20% and legal limit is 70%, thats your reason for getting pulled over time and time again. BTW any cop needs a tint meter to tell the tint percentage correctly, its putting the nail in the coffin to get the exact percentage. They cant see in your car, and you act like they are at fault for pulling you over, and they are always rookies. Thats very ignorant, they are doing there job and you cant seem to abide by the law, yet its there fault? Take the tints off, stop driving in the HOV lane and you will not get pulled over, its that simple. You state it yourself in your 2nd post that by you asking questions your attempting to challenge the officer, with that speed comment "I was like okay so lets just say 25, correct? ". You really should tape record yourself with how you act to police officer, because I can guarantee you may say you show them respect but you keep talking and making excuses to them and try to challenge their authority.
LOL calm down we are on the internet forum of e46 not police101. YOU ARE OFF DUTY CALM DOWN. But on the real, they get the respect that they deserve sometimes you run into nice guys that have a chat with you and just talk then you get dbags that take your work too serious. Amazing, I get your point I have tints, I could get two shits... to be quiet honest... I'm not really commenting on WHY I AM GETTING PULLED OVER, but the time it takes for you guys to write your ticket while bullshiting with your partner... The only reason I care about the meter is when the same officer knows over and over, it's just a waste of time.. Get to work, write your ticket, and be on your way. But to be honest, I always very nice to the cops (not looking for sympathy) but just treating people in a respectful manor, as I would like to be treated. After a while you need to vent..... because it becomes boring.. If I could add up all the random pull overs, and count randomly about 2/5 cars that pass me as I am waiting are tinted to the max, do they get stopped, NOPE~ We all know if you saw a honda with tints and then a beamer with tints, the beamer for sure is getting pulled over 9 out of 10 times.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:54 PM   #25
SilverStreakTeg

My Ride: 2006 325ci
You might want to realize that its one car stop at a time, cant pull over 2 or 3 cars while dealing with one... takes some time for the crappy computers to work to bring up your info, on top of copying stuff from your license and your registration to the ticket. As for the honda comment, totally opposite, most hondas have switched parts or are stolen on top of have numerous equipment violations so its better a honda then a BMW.

www.AlbanyAutoGroup.com Sponsored by: DetailedImage.com
SilverStreakTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:23 PM   #26
amazzzin

Quote:
You might want to realize that its one car stop at a time, cant pull over 2 or 3 cars while dealing with one... takes some time for the crappy computers to work to bring up your info, on top of copying stuff from your license and your registration to the ticket. As for the honda comment, totally opposite, most hondas have switched parts or are stolen on top of have numerous equipment violations so its better a honda then a BMW.
true true damn hondas can't take their damn exhaust...... IMO hope they get tickets for those loud (not even aggressive sounding) exhaust.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:09 AM   #27
M3RALPH

My Ride: estoril M3
Send a message via AIM to M3RALPH
Quote:
couldn't have said it better myself
Old 11-25-2008, 12:16 AM   #28
///A

My Ride: e92 335is JB4
just abide by the law, and you won't have to worry about undercover cops

- Retired -
///A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:23 AM   #29
amazzzin

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3RALPH View Post
couldn't have said it better myself
I think I could of
Old 11-25-2008, 11:42 PM   #30
M3RALPH

My Ride: estoril M3
Send a message via AIM to M3RALPH
haha
Old 11-26-2008, 06:23 AM   #31
Bmw440

My Ride: 2000 323i, 2001 528i
Send a message via AIM to Bmw440
Theres this tropper on the belt parkway that drives a black charger,that ****ing guy be everywhere, no matter what time of day i get on the belt,he has someone pulled over.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:07 AM   #32
AntB

My Ride: MTA :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw440 View Post
Theres this tropper on the belt parkway that drives a black charger,that ****ing guy be everywhere, no matter what time of day i get on the belt,he has someone pulled over.
I take the belt every damn day, and I never go over 60 on it. Period. Almost every damn time I sped on that bloody thing I got a ticket. Twice by the same highway trooper, who looks like a fat version of the leatherclad guy in the YMCA Village People, handlebar mustache and all. (google image search confirms this) The messed up part is that the second time I was on cruise control at 59mph and he pulled me over as I was getting off the coney island exit. Said I went too fast down the off-ramp, and then proceeded to give me a 78mph ticket, a no insurance ticket(???) and as soon as he handed them to me he ran away saying slow down! WTF?

On topic though, as a general rule, I don't do stupid things if there are any american cars on the road. I've seen taxis, jeeps, chargers, one yellow mustang with racing stripes. Also saw Narcs in Hyundais busting someone and tearing apart their car.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:18 PM   #33
mRCOUPE12

My Ride: E46
A small yellow schoolbus
mRCOUPE12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:02 PM   #34
Nelson
OEM ///Member

My Ride: Alpin weiß ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazzzin View Post
LOL calm down we are on the internet forum of e46 not police101. YOU ARE OFF DUTY CALM DOWN. But on the real, they get the respect that they deserve sometimes you run into nice guys that have a chat with you and just talk then you get dbags that take your work too serious. Amazing, I get your point I have tints, I could get two shits... to be quiet honest... I'm not really commenting on WHY I AM GETTING PULLED OVER, but the time it takes for you guys to write your ticket while bullshiting with your partner... The only reason I care about the meter is when the same officer knows over and over, it's just a waste of time.. Get to work, write your ticket, and be on your way. But to be honest, I always very nice to the cops (not looking for sympathy) but just treating people in a respectful manor, as I would like to be treated. After a while you need to vent..... because it becomes boring.. If I could add up all the random pull overs, and count randomly about 2/5 cars that pass me as I am waiting are tinted to the max, do they get stopped, NOPE~ We all know if you saw a honda with tints and then a beamer with tints, the beamer for sure is getting pulled over 9 out of 10 times.
I got pulled over many more times in my HONDA than I have in my BMW.

Quote:
Don't waste your time Dan

///M
| eBay mod'ing sUUCks
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 05:41 PM   #35
zasada518

My Ride: 2001 325i
Send a message via AIM to zasada518
Ive seen two jeeps around here, and at a big accident the other day I saw 3 2008 durangos with lights and staties in Waterbury.
zasada518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:21 PM   #36
gnarlyman

My Ride: '01 325i (White)
Quote:
just abide by the law, and you won't have to worry about undercover cops
gnarlyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:34 PM   #37
YoPaulyzSick

My Ride: Z3M
I got pulled over befor by Jeep Loredo, Nissan Altima, infiniti I30, I also seen a H2 pull some one over , Toyota Camry, Dodge Straus
YoPaulyzSick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:36 PM   #38
YoPaulyzSick

My Ride: Z3M
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntB View Post
I take the belt every damn day, and I never go over 60 on it. Period. Almost every damn time I sped on that bloody thing I got a ticket. Twice by the same highway trooper, who looks like a fat version of the leatherclad guy in the YMCA Village People, handlebar mustache and all. (google image search confirms this) The messed up part is that the second time I was on cruise control at 59mph and he pulled me over as I was getting off the coney island exit. Said I went too fast down the off-ramp, and then proceeded to give me a 78mph ticket, a no insurance ticket(???) and as soon as he handed them to me he ran away saying slow down! WTF?

On topic though, as a general rule, I don't do stupid things if there are any american cars on the road. I've seen taxis, jeeps, chargers, one yellow mustang with racing stripes. Also saw Narcs in Hyundais busting someone and tearing apart their car.
Have you see the Yellow Cab with a Black bumper on belt prkway befor? those are cops as well..
YoPaulyzSick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:11 AM   #39
04VERT

My Ride: 04 m3 vert, 92 eagle
in new york you do not have to pull over for a unmarked vehicle especially if its not even one that looks like a regular cop car you just slow down move to the right lane and put your fourways on until a marked car comes or you get to a police bareks because new york passed a law about unmarked cars pulling people over do to the large number of people impercinating an officer
04VERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:49 AM   #40
AntB

My Ride: MTA :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoPaulyzSick View Post
Have you see the Yellow Cab with a Black bumper on belt prkway befor? those are cops as well..
I don't think they will be pulling people over for speeding though, if they pull people over on the belt, everyone will see that a taxi pulled someone over, kind of defeats the whole "undercover" point.

Taxi's are generally Narcs though, so you have even less to worry about, I believe they cruise around looking for people doing deals on the surface streets.