E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 12:39 PM   #1
DeltaNu1142

My Ride: 2006 M3 Vert
Send a message via AIM to DeltaNu1142 Send a message via Yahoo to DeltaNu1142
Bluetooth operation question--speed dials?

I'm the 3rd owner of this car & I've had it for a little over a month. After reading through some forums today, I realized that a 2006 with Assist also has BT! Awesome!

So I went out to try it, actually found a factory brochure in the glovebox with a passkey, and paired my iPhone. I have a business CD (no nav) and I'm able to read my phone's address book on the single-line display and make calls, so far so good!

My question is, how do I set up speed dials on the CD head unit? The only reference to it in the manual is by using the "TEL" button, and I don't have one. I've done some searches & it seems there are a lot of people that have issues with pairing, etc., but luckily I had no problems there; just need some help with the speed dials, because scrolling through the address book one name at a time is useless (especially if there's more than one number to the name).

TIA

2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax SR5 5.7L
2002 R1100SBX - TiAg - Laser BC-II exhaust + chip - Corbin seat - CF kit + bellypan
DeltaNu1142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:55 AM   #2
DeltaNu1142

BUMP for info--I've gotten the closest to figuring out "voice dialing," but even that is boggling me. I can initiate the process... "say name" once, then again, "say number," and I speak a 10-digit number; then it says "continue" and no matter what I do after that the process cancels! I can say "continue," "yes," press the R/T or phone buttons, and it says, "system off". So what am I doing wrong?

2002 R1100SBX - TiAg - Laser BC-II exhaust + chip - Corbin seat - CF kit + bellypan
Old 12-07-2008, 07:50 PM   #3
bmwguyNC

My Ride: 02 325i orient blue
Send a message via AIM to bmwguyNC
There are some issues witht he iphone and the bluetooth. I have not purchased bluetooth for my beemer yet but all the research i have done the iphone will not transfer the phonebook to the bluetooth ulf.. do some research on iphone and bmw bluetooth. Most i have found have said bmw does not use the newest bluetooth ulf . although i see your car is a '06 not sure on that. i hope this helped.
bmwguyNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:56 AM   #4
DeltaNu1142

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguyNC View Post
There are some issues witht he iphone and the bluetooth. I have not purchased bluetooth for my beemer yet but all the research i have done the iphone will not transfer the phonebook to the bluetooth ulf.. do some research on iphone and bmw bluetooth. Most i have found have said bmw does not use the newest bluetooth ulf . although i see your car is a '06 not sure on that. i hope this helped.
I've had no problems. My phonebook has transferred, I can make calls, so these aren't my problems. My questions are about the operation of the car interface & I'd probably have the same issues whether I were using an iPhone or any other phone.

P.S. - BIMMER. Try it... "BIMMER." I have Bluetooth on my BEEMER, too, but I suspect you're talking about a four-wheeled vehicle.

Old 12-08-2008, 02:09 PM   #5
ccieurzo

My Ride: 03 M5, 04 330xi
Bluetooth and the iPhone with 2.0 or above firmware works fine. To save voice speed dials, hold down the phone button until the voice recognition beeps. Then say "save name". It will say speak the name, do that, then speak the number, and then say "save". The number and name will be stored. To access the saved name, say "dial name", the system will ask you for the name. Say it, then it will repeat the name and ask are you sure. Say "yes" and it will dial it for you. HTH.
ccieurzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:17 PM   #6
DeltaNu1142

SAVE! I didn't try to say "save." Thanks. I'll give that a shot later.

Tags
bluetooth, business cd, phone, speed dial, speed dials