E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Motorsports & Track Forum

Motorsports & Track Forum
From Auto-X to Trackday to Racing and Professional Motorsports this is the place to discuss making BMWs fast

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-23-2008, 05:09 PM   #1
Rooz

My Ride: 2003 M5
Suspension idea

Ok, here is what I want to do for my 2004 ZHP Sedan.

I want to lower my car just a bit for improved looks and handling. I'd like to keep the ride quality as close to if not better than stock (I know... lol)

So I did some digging around and from the "edumaction" I got, it seems that I have two options....

Option 1)

Koni Sport (yellow) with adjustable dampeners + H&R Sport springs

Option 2)

H&R Street Performance Coilovers

The only thing is, with the H&R Street Performance Coilovers I'm not sure how "comfortable" it will be?

What do you guys think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking **** and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
VIEW MOD LIST & PICS
Rooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:22 AM   #2
JohnBlaze

My Ride: Black Sunshine
H&R cup kit is damn good, but if you want adjustability Koni is better...
Old 04-24-2008, 12:35 PM   #3
Rooz

After more digging around and a few phone calls it seems that the PSS9-10 are the way to go for what I want to achieve height drop is .5-1.5 and fully adjustable dampeners any thoughts on those?

Quote:
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking **** and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
VIEW MOD LIST & PICS
Old 05-06-2008, 07:52 PM   #4
Rooz

What shocks//struts would everyone recommend that feel as comfortable if not more comfortable than the factory shocks//struts?

Quote:
VIEW MOD LIST & PICS
Old 05-06-2008, 08:47 PM   #5
deafboy

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
I have the H&R SP Coilovers and I think they are pretty comfortable. It all depends on the road.

I just did a 2500 mile roadtrip for bimmerfest and at no point was the road absurdly uncomfortable. The times that the ride was harsh was due to the road being absolute sh*t. But it definitely isnt a stock comfort, you will feel the bumps more. Then again, if I raised it up it would probably help the comfort a bit

If you have any Qs feel free to PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owtlaw333 View Post
You'll always be pretty in my eyes, Cole :luv:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissspyy View Post
i was like passed out while she's shoving the entire bar in my mouth. :rofl: :rofl:
deafboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:30 PM   #6
jskijoe

My Ride: 330i
I just got the UUC/Sachs Stage 3 suspension and the ride is excellent. A mild drop with noticible change from my sport suspension mainly in cornering. Did an autox this past weekend and it handled awesome! Not harsh in any way. Priced about the same as a cup kit but doesnt lower it as much. But, like the cup kit, you can't adjust anything.

Other rides:
'91 Toyota 4x4 truck
jskijoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:54 PM   #7
Rooz

Am really trying to keep close to if not better than the same comfort level as the stock ZHP, any ideas?

Quote:
VIEW MOD LIST & PICS
Old 05-07-2008, 06:42 AM   #8
deafboy

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
If you want comfort that bad you'll probably want something with adjustable dampening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owtlaw333 View Post
You'll always be pretty in my eyes, Cole :luv:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissspyy View Post
i was like passed out while she's shoving the entire bar in my mouth. :rofl: :rofl:
deafboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:48 AM   #9
shady3one3
Banned

My Ride: gets replaced soon.
Send a message via AIM to shady3one3
AST4100's. You can make them as low as you want and adjust your stiffness accordingly.

Or our 4105's if you want to customize them for even more comfort.
shady3one3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 02:36 PM   #10
aggieE46
Keep it clean

My Ride: 03 Evo, 07 Passat
Send a message via AIM to aggieE46
ASTs were nice. Wish I still had them. There's no WAY Fair would give me a deal like that again

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady3one3 View Post
AST4100's. You can make them as low as you want and adjust your stiffness accordingly.

Or our 4105's if you want to customize them for even more comfort.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:30 AM   #11
Rooz

Koni's are a no go?

Quote:
VIEW MOD LIST & PICS
Old 05-08-2008, 11:47 AM   #12
aggieE46
Keep it clean

I'm going to be picking up Konis soon. I've never heard anyone say bad things about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
Koni's are a no go?
Old 05-08-2008, 12:21 PM   #13
Rooz

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieE46 View Post
I'm going to be picking up Konis soon. I've never heard anyone say bad things about them.
Are you going with the Sports or the FSD?

Quote:
VIEW MOD LIST & PICS
Old 05-08-2008, 12:45 PM   #14
aggieE46
Keep it clean

Sports. I want them to be adjustable, plus I'll be adding the GC coilover conversion kit down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
Are you going with the Sports or the FSD?
Old 05-08-2008, 07:42 PM   #15
Nico3k
The R1 makes it fun

My Ride: Yamaha R1 + 325i
The Koni Sports I have are from the TCKline coilover kit and they are great; they are set to full harsh+low and I have driven the FSD in comparison to these.

If you are looking for any kind of street comfort I would go with the Koni FSD shocks; they are soft when driving normally, and they get tight when taking quick turns. Otherwise the full coilovers are the way to go for adjustability
Old 05-10-2008, 10:19 AM   #16
Rooz

Yeah,

I'm pretty sure this is what am going with:

Koni FSD's
H&R Sports
Rogue E. RSM
UUC RTAB's

Quote:
VIEW MOD LIST & PICS
Old 12-09-2008, 08:50 PM   #17
jamesmkelly

My Ride: 330i ZHP
H&R sprot with FSD

Rooz,

Did you ever do the Koni FSD and the HR Sport ? I am looking at the same set up.

Any opinion?
jamesmkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:32 PM   #18
Rooz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesmkelly View Post
Rooz,

Did you ever do the Koni FSD and the HR Sport ? I am looking at the same set up.

Any opinion?
I haven't yet, I had sopme unfortunate expenses show up out of nowhere then the holidays so my spare money is tight at the moment. However comes January/Feb. I am planning on doing that setup. Will keep you posted!

Quote:
VIEW MOD LIST & PICS
Old 12-10-2008, 01:40 PM   #19
E28Fiend
Track it

My Ride: '06 M3
Send a message via AIM to E28Fiend
I say TCK Single Adjustable Coilover. For a compliant ride opt for soft springs, like 350 front 400lb rear...you can always get stiffer springs later on for 100-200 bucks.

These are the best value for the money in my opinion.