E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 08:53 PM   #21
bHanks

My Ride: Jet Black 325i
Also remember that motor mounts are just one of those things that wear out over time and eventually have to be replaced. And if ignored could cause a lot of problems.
bHanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:13 AM   #22
dun7ez

My Ride: bmw 330ci 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddkageals View Post
I just can't understand how motor mounts can cost $300.00!!!!!
ebay-60$ lol...i bet that r good but...how long...thats the question
dun7ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 05:52 PM   #23
Brinkley

My Ride: 99 328i, 07 z4 3.0
I am wondering if i have a shot mount. I nice a bit of bucking / hesitation after a shift (5 speed)
Brinkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 07:50 PM   #24
Whammy

My Ride: ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jurrian @ eas View Post
Rogue also carries Performance Motor Mounts for your car. If you have any questions on the mounts feel free to send me a PM or you can check our website here:

Rogue Engineering - Performance Engine Mounts (most BMWs)
http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...oducts_id=1956

Just like factory, but better
The factory-like design incorporates the anti-rotational tabs ensuring that the mounts do not rotate. Use of these mounts virtually eliminates all deflection created from the engine. This is especially true for high-powered vehicles such as those with turbos or superchargers.

The internals of the mount feature a unique locking system in the event of a crash, the internal hardware of the mounts prevent complete failure of the mount. Whereas the integrity of the mount will be compromised, its internal construction prevents the mounts upper and lower plates from completely tearing away from each other. Whereas this may seem to be a small feature, this will ultimately decrease the chances of the engine from breaching the firewall, and entering the internal compartment of the vehicle. No other performance mount can make this claim.

Models Supported:

All e30 3-series models, including M3
All e36 3-series models, including 318ti
All e46 3-series models, including M3
All e36/7 Z3 3-series models, including MZ3/MZ3C
All e85 Z4 models, including MZ4/MZ4C
Are you kidding me?? $380 is an absolute ripoff.

I'd rather go to Tischer. It least I know there I am not getting ripped off.

http://bmwfans.info/original/E46/Lim...2/ill-22_0026/
Old 12-21-2008, 12:27 AM   #25
GDA

My Ride: M5, 325i and 330i
Uh, not a very difficult DIY (about an hour to do both including getting the car up on stands) and definitely dont see $400 of value in ^^. Mine had collapsed over about 3/8" and allowed alot more engine vibration upon startup. New ones smoothed that out and made the car's throttle response crisper.
GDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:22 AM   #26
zeppelin4

My Ride: 328ci
UUC makes some good motor mounts a little more than the roque parts but they're nice
Old 12-21-2008, 11:30 AM   #27
TxZHP04

My Ride: ESS TS2+ ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammy View Post
Are you kidding me?? $380 is an absolute ripoff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDA View Post
definitely dont see $400 of value in ^^.
Guys, those are upgraded motor mounts intended for race use or very high hp cars - not fluid filled and much stiffer than stock. They aren't intended to be OEM replacement mounts and may transmit more noise and vibration. They are an alternative to the BMW Group N mounts which run ~ $800. Stiffer motor mounts do make a very noticeable difference in responsiveness though.
04 IR 330i ZHP | ESS TS2+ SC | MagnaFlow "headers" | KMS 3.64 LSD | AST 4100 550/650| APEX ARC-8 18x9 | H&R front sway bar | Vorshlag camber plates, RTAB limiters | TMS subframe & swaybar reinforcements | UUC SSK & DSSR | UUC TM & TME | BW motor mounts | Dinan strut & shock tower bars | vaio 4-bolt oil pump
TxZHP04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:34 PM   #28
GDA

My Ride: M5, 325i and 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxZHP04 View Post
Guys, those are upgraded motor mounts intended for race use or very high hp cars - not fluid filled and much stiffer than stock. They aren't intended to be OEM replacement mounts and may transmit more noise and vibration. They are an alternative to the BMW Group N mounts which run ~ $800. Stiffer motor mounts do make a very noticeable difference in responsiveness though.
Refer back to the OP's original post and my statement stands. Sig and post seems to refer to an unmodded 01 325 on its original mounts.

I never said the Rogue upgraded mounts were not good for their intended audience. Based on their other products, I'm sure they are pretty good.
GDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:48 PM   #29
Whammy

My Ride: ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxZHP04 View Post
regardless of their intent, it is extremely shady of the sponsor to recommend something that is completely not needed.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:45 PM   #30
TxZHP04

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDA View Post
Refer back to the OP's original post and my statement stands. Sig and post seems to refer to an unmodded 01 325 on its original mounts.

I never said the Rogue upgraded mounts were not good for their intended audience. Based on their other products, I'm sure they are pretty good.
And I never said there was anything "wrong" with your post. I was just pointing out that the OP wasn't really the intended consumer for those mounts, something you and Whammy didn't address with your posts. Of course $380 worth of race mounts are overkill for a street driven 325 that simply needs stock replacement mounts. Not really sure why they were even suggested by the sponsor.
04 IR 330i ZHP | ESS TS2+ SC | MagnaFlow "headers" | KMS 3.64 LSD | AST 4100 550/650| APEX ARC-8 18x9 | H&R front sway bar | Vorshlag camber plates, RTAB limiters | TMS subframe & swaybar reinforcements | UUC SSK & DSSR | UUC TM & TME | BW motor mounts | Dinan strut & shock tower bars | vaio 4-bolt oil pump
Old 12-21-2008, 04:48 PM   #31
TxZHP04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammy View Post
regardless of their intent, it is extremely shady of the sponsor to recommend something that is completely not needed.
I'm less concerned with the intentions of the sponsor than I am in making sure people understand the target market for those mounts - and the posts in this thread seemed to suggest that these mounts were suitable (albeit expensive) OEM replacements.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:23 PM   #32
Lbert

My Ride: 325i
You do not need to mess with the tranny mounts to do this job, correct?
Lbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:27 PM   #33
bHanks

My Ride: Jet Black 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbert View Post
I did, hard to tell if it made a difference except i also found my tranny brace was cracked so replaced it too. rides alot better though as far as smoothness goes.
bHanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:33 PM   #34
GRIDLOCK

My Ride: E36 / E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbert View Post
Correct.

Have an EVAP code? Replacing gas cap did not fix? Give me a holler, I can do a smoke test for ya.
GRIDLOCK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine, motor, mounts