E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-23-2002, 12:12 PM   #1
chrisbbb

My Ride: 99 328I
Send a message via ICQ to chrisbbb Send a message via AIM to chrisbbb
ACS 3 piece spoiler

Would someone please post some CLOSE UP pics of the spoiler on a sedan. I have seen some pics before but am looking for some that are concentrated on the spolier. Silver sedan would be even better....................All owners of this spoiler are you happy with it???
chrisbbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-23-2002, 12:45 PM   #2
montoya1
Essex boy

My Ride: 2003 BMW E46 1.8Ci
Sorry no pictures
Have you tried their website?
Personally I have seen the 3piece kit on both a 2001 & 2002 saloon and IMVHO it looks totally shite from the side, I have always found body kit mods no matter how well done always look a bit ropey on four doors
My current car is a E36 Saloon, which looked piss-poor when I bought it. It had grey bumpers and side mouldings, black mirrors, steel wheels and no fogs or spoiler. I got some cheapy 15'' alloys and had everything coloured coded by my BM dealer, but the spoiler I never got sorted: First at huge expense i had a OEM Coupe spoiler with break light fitted but from the side it threw all the perportions (sp?) of the car out so i then had an after-market spoiler which was much more subtle but somehow didn;'t do for me and now I have a M3 lip copy which on my dark coloured car is too subtle
My new car will be a 2003 Coupe exactly because of this problem.
Originally I had decided on a saloon but hated the 2002 facelift, then on checking the BMW UK prices was amazed to discover how near in price the 316 Saloon and 318 coupe where as all the other Saloon/Coupe comparisions result in a big, big price difference.
So having decided on the 2-door and talked my sceptical family around I began to look at body kits. For me it's important that the kit looks good from all angles and the 3piece/roof spoiler combo on a Tit.Silv. coupe looks IMHO the best every If you want subtle but effective.
Once I add 19'' M wheels my car will be everything I have dreamed off, name one other 1.8 litre car that could look that good. For me that's BMW strength: From the 318 up to the M3CSL every 3er has class that you can augment with 100% success. My cousin drives a ford with a body kit and it looks like a ford with a body kit, my brother has a 320 Coupe with ACS Kit and it looks like a factory model, that's the diff.

I don't know wether you prefer the 4 door or already own one but if you can switch to a 2 door then do it

There are very few manufacturers pictures out there of 4 doors with bodykits or better wheels, which tells it's own story....
montoya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 12:57 PM   #3
chrisbbb

My Ride: 99 328I
Send a message via ICQ to chrisbbb Send a message via AIM to chrisbbb
I do have a sedan and I wouldnt trade it for a coupe in a million years. I love the way the sedan looks. It has incredible body lines and in my opinion takes the best of the 3 series and the 5 series and puts them together. Getting a coupe is not an option and probably wont be....................Lets just say a M3 sedan is in my prayers every night. Thanks though
chrisbbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 01:23 PM   #4
montoya1
Essex boy

Well actually I thinks it's cool that you prefer the 4 door because it would be useless to all be the same wouldn't it?
Bombing round this forum I have seen some very nice body-kitted saloons but for me budget was the issue. Most of the kitted four-doors I have seen that I do like are, intentionally or not based on touring cars very predominant in Europe & Asia with leary kits abd body colours, 20'' wheels and lowered. Something like Fast & Furious meets German Touring cars!
Of course this costs a lot to do so getting a saloon to look the way i'd like is simply too expensive for me but buying a low spec 318 coupe and adding a subtle ACS roof spoiler and 3 piece wing will do me nicely.

As I said it's good that we disagree! I mean in quantative terms the 3er Saloon is my second favourite car but I prefer the coupe from the front and think bodykits and big wheels looks better on 2 doors. I certainly wouldn't think of owning a saloon as second best, i'd just have to spend more time & dosh getting the kit and rims just right.

Do you like the saloon facelift? I think it's awfull but then I adore the new 7er so what do I know
I don't know what prices of BMWs are like where you are but here in the UK BMW claim 3er sales are fully saturated because people are attached to fords here and seem to refuse to either believe or care that a medium-spec BM and loaded ford cost nearly the same.
My new car will cost me 23K even with the kit fully fitted and that compares extremely well with the equivelant ford but still you will see ten of them to one of my car which actually suits me fine and probably suits BM now they are broadening the range.
Still it mystifies me that someone can spend 20K on a ford with lots of toys and ignore, for example , a 6 month old 320 saloon which will be cheaper to buy and worth more after 3 years

Anyway, I have rambled enough. I'll do some more looking for what you need.
Old 06-23-2002, 01:36 PM   #5
playboyobs

My Ride: 330i
Send a message via AIM to playboyobs
I'm selling mine if you interested. Still new never painted. I bought it from this store. Its a beatiful spoiler, but I have "other" plans...was going to go full ACS, but too much $$$. If you interested email me at true46330@aol.com
playboyobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 01:59 PM   #6
montoya1
Essex boy

Does this help?
Sorry it's not Tit.Silv
Old 06-23-2002, 02:06 PM   #7
montoya1
Essex boy

Here is a zip of the whole car
Attached Files
File Type: zip sedan3pieceblack.zip (90.4 KB, 70 views)