E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-23-2002, 03:32 PM   #1
drewcon
Bavarian Motor Slave

My Ride: 330ci
I need Vinyl cleaner for my door scuffs, but I don't want a greasy shine "shine"

Vinylex?...
drewcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-23-2002, 03:41 PM   #2
chrisbbb

My Ride: 99 328I
Send a message via ICQ to chrisbbb Send a message via AIM to chrisbbb
not sure how it will work on vinyl but look at the post I just created.
chrisbbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 04:12 PM   #3
Ward

My Ride: 2011 335is coupe
hmm

I use that stuff from Meguiars that comes in the plastic cylinder...I can't remember the name of it but it looks greasy for like 10 minutes and eventually evaporates leaving a nice new looking finish. I use it on my whole door panel...leather and vinyl.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 05:15 PM   #4
pittpanther

My Ride: 2000 Honda S2000
I have been using the 3M Vinyl/Leather Protectant. I love it because it can be applied (I use the 3M detailing cloth) without having to be wiped down again with a clean cloth. It has a faint lemony scent and isn't greasy/oily.
pittpanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 05:19 PM   #5
gagnu

My Ride: '01 ///M3 CB/BLK
Send a message via ICQ to gagnu Send a message via AIM to gagnu Send a message via Yahoo to gagnu
Vinylex does give a slight grease look, not nearly as bad as say Armor All..
gagnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 08:41 PM   #6
traumamc
Banned

My Ride: UUC 330ci
Send a message via AIM to traumamc
I have been using Vinylex since I bought my car. If you use it on the door panels there is no greasy look at all. It gets everything really clean plus it has a sunscreen to help protect the plastic. I swear by that stuff
traumamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 08:42 PM   #7
The Jake

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330CiC
The FAQ here at E46 fanatics notes a mixture of shoe polish and Lexol protectant.

At first, I doubted this combination for fixing door panel scuffs. The door panels are mostly non-leather, so I didn't see how a mixture that involved a leather protectant would work.

So I bought the shoe polish. (Angelus brand just as the instructions says, its only like 3 bucks for a small bottle) and mixed up myself some. Tried it on a hidden area of the door panel first. let it dry for a while, then buffed it with a clean rag...

I was suprised to find that the color did match pretty well. Then I tried it on the scuff. Same process (read the FAQ for more info). It works pretty well. Even on a small spot repair (mine was a long scratch), the mixture made a pretty nice blend into the normal leather.

Next time I clean my interior, I'll probably use the mixture on the entire door panel, to insure an even color.

My results were acceptable. You can still see the scratch, but at least its closer to the color of the door panel then it was orignially.

Jake
The Jake is offline   Reply With Quote