E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 10:21 AM   #1
depinhob1

My Ride: 2001 325ci
Send a message via AIM to depinhob1 Send a message via Yahoo to depinhob1
angel eyes

i am looking to purchase angel eye but dont know if i should get the ccfl's or led's... which ones would look better on the car... your opinions will be appreciated.... thank you
depinhob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:26 AM   #2
zeppelin4

My Ride: 328ci
orion V2's 60 led's 6000k im tellin you, you wont be dissappointed...mad easy to install yourself too

Bav Auto Lightweight Fly & Sprt. Clutch
Billy Boat Performance Muff
Bilstein PSS10's
Orion V2's
zeppelin4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:04 AM   #3
depinhob1

really? i know that the leds are prob the way to go but i can get the ccfl one for a very low price from a friend and just wondering if you guys liek the way they look and if the brightness will be enough to make it look good... the ones he has are hyper white in color....
Old 01-21-2009, 11:47 AM   #4
david @ eas
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: E46 M3
We have several different angel eyes for you to look at! All our kits come with a limited lifetime warranty for your convenience as well! Let me know if you have any questions about the current kits we have:

MYCARR - CCFL Angel Eye Kit (most BMWs)
http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...oducts_id=1151

MYCARR - LED Angel Eye Kit (most BMWs)
http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...oducts_id=1852

e2 - aurora 60LED Angel Eye Kit - 3 Series/M3 99-06
http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...oducts_id=1883

Let me know if you have any questions about our current kits, or if you would like to see some more pictures!
david @ eas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:19 PM   #5
Titanium 325

My Ride: '01 325Ci
I have CCFL and I love them, but the are prone to ballast or cold start issues. LEDs are not. LEDs are the latest and greatest out there. They are also brighter.

I would get Orion V2s from Umnitza if I had to do it over again. My CCFL came in my P46s, but I had the option to do LEDs and tried these. Mine work fine, but if I did it over again, LEDs all the way.

Just my thoughts from someone who has CCFL.

Mods - M3 Style Lip Spoiler, ACS Replica Roof Spoiler (bowed in the middle), Predator Chromium Angel Eyes, P46 Xenons, Smoked Side, Corners and LED Tails, Blacked out Kidney Grills, Self Painted Bumper Reflectors, K&N Drop-in Filter, 19" Miro M6 Reps in Time Attack

Titanium 325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:25 PM   #6
Lemonsqr

My Ride: 2001 TiAg 330i
Why even consider CCFLs??? I have these on my car and am waiting for something to go wrong with them so i can get the new LED ones.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:30 PM   #7
JGallardo

I personally haven't seen the new LED's, but i got ccfl's i love them. For what i hear the new led's one are really bright, the reason i got ccfl's it's because the led's that were available at the time were not as bright as the ccfl's.
JGallardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:41 PM   #8
bimmerpeej

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330 CI
i have the MyCarr leds and absolutely love them, they are really bright and you dont have to worry about them breaking

- UUC M5 clutch kit - lw flywheel - LED Angel Eyes -

My UUC M5 Clutch DIY Writeup
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...clutch+install

Part 2
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ght=clutch+diy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owtlaw333 View Post
:werd: Adhesive-ionized propulsion FTW
bimmerpeej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:52 PM   #9
sbocaj55

My Ride: 330
Send a message via AIM to sbocaj55
I have the Orion V2's from Umnitza (60 LED). I paid the extra for the 4300k, which looks absolutely sick and very OEM looking. It's hard to get a good picture of them...but trust me, they're worth it! Plus Umnitza could possibly be the best people to deal with in my experience. Shipping is lightening fast...and if you have a problem with your kit (Mine happened to have one or two LED's that were on the fritz)...they will send you a replacement right away no questions asked.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:07 PM   #10
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbocaj55 View Post
I have the Orion V2's from Umnitza (60 LED). I paid the extra for the 4300k, which looks absolutely sick and very OEM looking. It's hard to get a good picture of them...but trust me, they're worth it! Plus Umnitza could possibly be the best people to deal with in my experience. Shipping is lightening fast...and if you have a problem with your kit (Mine happened to have one or two LED's that were on the fritz)...they will send you a replacement right away no questions asked.
I know there are some people who wouldn't agree with you, however I felt my experience with Matt went A+
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:09 PM   #11
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by depinhob1 View Post
i am looking to purchase angel eye but dont know if i should get the ccfl's or led's... which ones would look better on the car... your opinions will be appreciated.... thank you
I prefer the look of the LEDs as they are a bit brighter and offer a more pure white output. They are also easier to install and will be more reliable as they do not use a ballast like the CCFLs. We have both options available for you if you need a set:

MyCarr 62+ LED Angel Eye Kit

MyCarr CCFL Kit
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:51 PM   #12
M0nk3y
Banned

My Ride: 2002 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin4 View Post
orion V2's 60 led's 6000k im tellin you, you wont be dissappointed...mad easy to install yourself too

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbocaj55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
I know there are some people who wouldn't agree with you, however I felt my experience with Matt went A+

Looks like the crowd has spoken. Orion V2 is the only way to go
M0nk3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:53 PM   #13
david @ eas
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
But before you make a final decision, it's always good to see a non-biased opinion on the angel eye options:

Angel Eyes FAQ - What you should know before purchasing
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=564135
david @ eas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:04 PM   #14
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
i have the mycarr 30 led from eas, love em

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."
wasp9166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:01 PM   #15
depinhob1

thank you for all the reply guys.... i think im going with the led angel eyes... seeing how everyone seems to liek them better and the fact that they are brighter... thankyou for all the help... fell welcome to post more opinions if you would like...
Old 01-21-2009, 06:45 PM   #16
iftwb

My Ride: E46 320i + E60 530i
Send a message via MSN to iftwb
Yep Orion V2, you won't regret it.
iftwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:03 PM   #17
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Originally Posted by iftwb View Post
Yep Orion V2, you won't regret it.
Thank you.

To all of you.
And you won't believe what's coming in a few days, MORE COLOR CHOICES (no, not multi-color...yet).
Old 01-23-2009, 01:27 PM   #18
BMW>Benz

My Ride: 2005 m3 smg
Quote:
really? i know that the leds are prob the way to go but i can get the ccfl one for a very low price from a friend and just wondering if you guys liek the way they look and if the brightness will be enough to make it look good... the ones he has are hyper white in color....
i had ccfl on my old car. They suck nuts. Broke one the first day. And they are not bright.
BMW>Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:32 PM   #19
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza

these photos were taken today and the customer Niles will vouch for the relative quality differences (which I owe Niles an apology for making him jump through the hoop he did, but that's between us)
Old 01-24-2009, 07:11 PM   #20
Titanium 325

My Ride: '01 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza View Post
Thank you.

To all of you.
And you won't believe what's coming in a few days, MORE COLOR CHOICES (no, not multi-color...yet).
I can't wait to see what you have coming now. Lemme know when you get something out... I would like to see them.

Mods - M3 Style Lip Spoiler, ACS Replica Roof Spoiler (bowed in the middle), Predator Chromium Angel Eyes, P46 Xenons, Smoked Side, Corners and LED Tails, Blacked out Kidney Grills, Self Painted Bumper Reflectors, K&N Drop-in Filter, 19" Miro M6 Reps in Time Attack

Titanium 325 is offline   Reply With Quote