E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Car Care & Detailing

Car Care & Detailing
Get detailing answers and tips here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 11:25 AM   #1
boostd92

My Ride: 2003 O/B 330i ZHP
Question about Foam Guns and soap mixtures...

The wifey is going to get me a Foammaster 2 gun for V-day.

I've never used a foam gun before. I'm reading on detailedimage.com that the citrus wash & gloss has specific dilutions for certain purposes. It says one cap for washing between details, then it says two caps to strip the current wax off.

How do you know how much to put into a foam gun so you don't strip the current wax off?
boostd92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:40 AM   #2
brimfield101

My Ride: 2001 bmw 325I
it should come with instructions that tells how much...we have those at my work (i detail at bmw dealership) and they came with stuff that said how to do it properly.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:14 PM   #3
boostd92

The bottle of soap or the foam gun?
Old 01-21-2009, 01:36 PM   #4
eyezack87

My Ride: ...
I don't listen to the ratios as I tend to restart the protection once a month

However, if you are looking for cheap soap, Parts America is having a close out on Eagle One Car Wash for $1.33 for 64oz (big bottle). I bought 10 of them to use in my foam cannon. For about $15 total, its nothing big if it sucks as a foamer, although I suspect I will not be disappointed

Otherwise, I find that Megs Hyperwash and Gold Class work well with the foam gun. I usually put 1cm of the soap in my tank then fill the rest up with water. After that its on full blast for the most foam. Seems to work pretty well while I had it
Old 01-23-2009, 11:34 AM   #5
Greg@DetailedImage.com
Clean Shine Protect Expert

My Ride: is clean & protected
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostd92 View Post
The wifey is going to get me a Foammaster 2 gun for V-day.

I've never used a foam gun before. I'm reading on detailedimage.com that the citrus wash & gloss has specific dilutions for certain purposes. It says one cap for washing between details, then it says two caps to strip the current wax off.

How do you know how much to put into a foam gun so you don't strip the current wax off?
The Gilmour Foamaster II is a great tool for applying suds all over your vehicle. Here is a blog post I did that should help you clarify the right mixing ratios for the Gilmour Foamaster II and the Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss. Make sure you read the context of the paragraph before looking at the chart. If you have any additional questions please let me know!

Greg @ Detailed Image
Greg@DetailedImage.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:44 AM   #6
boostd92

I don't understand that chart... what are A-E?
Old 01-23-2009, 12:01 PM   #7
Greg@DetailedImage.com
Clean Shine Protect Expert

My Ride: is clean & protected
On the Foamaster II there is a dial with options A through E. For example if you choose setting E it will pull 12 ounces of fluid from the reservoir for every gallon of water that passes through the hose. If you have any other questions please let me know.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Greg@DetailedImage.com is offline   Reply With Quote