E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-16-2003, 10:45 AM   #1
ludicraze330

My Ride: '02 Steel Grey 330Ci
Mounting an Amp

I have a Kicker 800.4 amp that I need to mount and it's too big to mount on the back of the seats. Is there anyones here that has mounted an amp on the floor of the trunk, directly behind the seats. I want to make sure that there is nothing underneath that I might drill into before I mount. Thanks in advance.
ludicraze330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-16-2003, 10:57 AM   #2
daz

My Ride: 2003 Bmw Coupe 330ci
Send a message via AIM to daz
Yes, I am doing that right now... Just used vecro on the bottom f the AMP... I did not want to screw it down because not sure what the depth is from floor to fuel tank. Screws are about a cm long.. Seems to be working fine right now. But, my wife complains that the amp and stuff eats up trunk space for here shopping. So looking to build a shelf. soon...
Old 07-16-2003, 11:00 AM   #3
ludicraze330

My Ride: '02 Steel Grey 330Ci
I never even thought of using velcro. I think I'm going to go ahead and do that also. Thanks.
ludicraze330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 11:17 AM   #4
mcabr
Just Marinatin'

My Ride: Chikatetsu
what is wrong with the underside of the rear deck?

THat is the best place to mount one amp I think. Keeps the floor space open and everything clean and tucked away.
Old 07-17-2003, 12:05 AM   #5
ken330i
E46 Fever God

My Ride: F2 dumped
Send a message via AIM to ken330i
another choice could be having your amps mounted on a piece of carpeted wood like this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	amp_shelf1.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	61600  
Old 07-17-2003, 12:55 PM   #6
SterlingSilver
Bimmerlover

My Ride: 2004 325Ci
Quote:
Originally posted by ken330i
another choice could be having your amps mounted on a piece of carpeted wood like this:
That's what I'm having done for my amps. It should be done some time tonight. If I can get pictures up this evening I will. If not, there will definitely be pics tomorrow.

Ti Silver 2004 325Ci - 5-speed - SP - CWP - Adaptive Bi-Xenons - Power Moonroof
Mods - M3 Lip Spoiler - Hard-wired V1 - 35% Tint all around - More To Come...
ICE - Alpine CDA-9807 MP3/CD/Receiver - Focal 136 k Front Stage - Focal 130 ca Rear Fill - JL Audio 10w7 Sub - JL Audio 300/4 System Amp - JL Audio 500/1 Sub Amp - Pac SWI-X
SterlingSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 03:22 PM   #7
ken330i
E46 Fever God

My Ride: F2 dumped
Send a message via AIM to ken330i
nice! post some pics.